PDA

View Full Version : Elka shock question

mrnate400ex
08-01-2004, 10:06 PM
ok, here is the deal. i bought some elka shocks w/o rezzies that were used. i put them on and was riding tonight, and it felt like i had a lot of roll in the corners. i also noticed that it bounced a lot on the bumps. i compared it to a 450r with stock shocks on it and the 450r ride was much smoother and soaked up the bumps more. i also noticed on the elkas that when i landed a jump they kind of made a klunking noise, but it didnt feel like i was bottoming them out. does that make sense??? anyhow, do you think i need to revalve them??? or is it something else i need to adjust?? i can only adjust the preload on these shocks though. if i do need to revalve, how much does that cost???

cals400ex
08-02-2004, 12:50 AM
are they valved for your weight? are they valved for your arms that you use?

mrnate400ex
08-02-2004, 07:57 AM
i think that is what i am trying to figure out. i'm not completely sure what they are for. does this sound like a valving problem?? or do i need to keep adjusting the preload??

cals400ex
08-02-2004, 10:17 AM
i would contact the seller and find that out. this would help us eliminate problems.

mrnate400ex
08-02-2004, 11:52 AM
well, when i bought them he said that he thought they were valved for +2 arms and a 160lb rider. i am 220lbs, and have wheel spacers for now. they feel pretty stiff when i compared them to some works that were valved for 180lb rider. i can stand on my front bumper and jump up and down on it and not bottom these shocks out. so, i don't know.