PDA

View Full Version : Flat track tires

Freestylemxr
08-01-2004, 08:15 PM
I want to race some flat track but I don't want to buy flat track tires and new rims. Does anyone use Razr's on flat track?

Freestylemxr
08-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Anyone? :rolleyes:

wgbanks
08-02-2004, 08:07 PM
I ran my Razr 2's in a local oval flat track race, and do not recommend it. I broke my collar bone when the back end broke loose unexpectedly. Sure I over rode the tires, but had I had the right tire combination it would have been a much better night and I would be riding now instead of still healing. I had the bike lowered and thought it would be OK to use the Razr 2's. I was wrong. Moral of the story..... Set your bike up for what you are racing. Racing is a competition and should be treated as such. As for me... about another 4 weeks and I'll be back in the woods. Gotta get ready for Iron Man.

400ex men
08-02-2004, 09:23 PM
NO I RACE IT DO NOT DO THIS NOT recommend

K_Fulk
08-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Its hard to understand how well tt tires hook up till you have some. I bought some old ones for cheap from harold goodman at the orrville tt.

After i put them it didnt turn worth a chit when i was turning on my cement pulling into my garage. Beacuse they stuck so well.

YZEATER
08-03-2004, 08:03 AM
the track you are racing on will tell you what tires you have to run. it is fine using knobbie tires to race flat track.

dirtmomma
08-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Well we use turf tamers & flattrack tires just depending on what track we are racing @. At the indoor tracks we run tamers on the rear, I run radials on the front & my son will either run his holeshot mx's or Hoosier fronts. For our class C tracks we run flattrack tires of course. As far as running the razrs, if they'll let you run them heck might as well go out & try it w/ them!! Just let LOTS of air outta the inside one & soften up the outside just a LITTLE!!! GOOD LUCK;)

wgbanks
08-04-2004, 07:24 PM
My "what the heck try it" got me a busted collar bone and tore up bike. It can be done but do not over ride the bike's setup. I did and now regret not gettig the right tire combo.

redroost85
08-05-2004, 03:38 PM
When I run flattrack I use my good ole reliable tamers.;)

Just enough forward bite and just enough roll over in the turns for me.....and mostly because I can't afford the rims and the tires...but this setup works for me. All I adjust is the air pressure.

easman31
08-06-2004, 07:09 AM
American Racers "mccrearys" or Hoosier.

300ex-boy
08-06-2004, 04:37 PM
HOOSIERS ALL THE WAY FOR FLAT TRACK!