PDA

View Full Version : mtdewracing

Ryan
08-01-2004, 05:18 PM
I've bought a quad from this guy about a month and a half ago. When we met, the quad seemed in "OK" Shape. I got it back to my house, starting to just get it set up right for me and replace any missing bolts (which there was tons of them.

Here comes a week later, I have put a total of 1 hour of riding on this quad.. The engine locks up on me.

I brang it to the local motorcycle mechanic and see what he could do. He found that my sleeve started moving in the cylinder and ended up cracking the sleeve. Pretty much shattering it, all pieces went into my bottom end. Not to mention my piston was pretty much cracked in half.

I got all the parts together to get the motor back where it was at (416) and that put me back $1,000 !

Yesterday I picked up the quad.. Did the break in process.... No problems. Today I relize the silencer was falling apart because he rivited the hell out of it and it was just falling apart. I had to get that fixed (probably gonna need a new silencer) . Then I relized the airbox has cracked. Im gonna need a new airbox now.

There are other little odds and ends but im not going into detail with that. I would not do business with him again! This thing is a lemon and things are falling apart left and right!

Heres some pictures of my cylinder.....

Ryan
08-01-2004, 05:19 PM
I would have posted bigger pictures but this site isn't letting me.

Heres another view of the wall...

I didn't get pictures of the piston because they lost it at the shop.

Ryan
08-01-2004, 05:28 PM
I forgot to mention he still owes me a title for it. He didn't have it on him when we picked the quad up..... I still havn't seen anything!

mtdewracing
08-02-2004, 04:47 PM
hey ryan what happened to the quad is B.S. and shouldnt of happened im getting on the phone right now and calling the shop that did the rebuild and im going to raise hell maybe i can get you some cash back from it thats bull. if i would have known that it was going to do that i wouldnt have sold it to you at all.

Ryan
08-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Well whoever built the engine, it sure didn't last long. It costed me $1,200 to fix. I hate to lay it on somebody, but that was money I didn't have. I only have a total of 2 hours of ride time on this thing. Im sure you can understand why im so furious right now.