PDA

View Full Version : Best jet ski?

Stevo
08-01-2004, 12:44 PM
My parents are looking into getting a couple of jet ski's but i have no clue what are good powerfull ones? Are the honda's good or would they be better off getting a yamaha, i have no clue about anything about jet skis? lol

exrider123
08-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Check out www.pwctoday.com.

Honda4trax250x
08-01-2004, 02:01 PM
stand up? or sit down?

id say go with a yamaha. i have a 99 gp1200 that im real happy with, lots of power, and seems reliable so far with almost 70 hours

K_Banger125
08-01-2004, 05:35 PM
how do those honda aquatrax run:confused:

redroost85
08-01-2004, 07:44 PM
I'd love to rip around on one of them new Hondas!:devil: They looking friggin sweet!

My brother has a 2 seater Sea-Doo 650 and that baby hauls something fierce.:D

I-7
08-01-2004, 07:50 PM
If you have 15,000 dollars go with the honda 2 seater turbo :eek2:. Otherwise, sea doos are really reliable and yamahas are good. Dont get a polaris or a kawasaki they have alot of problems

stace609
08-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Go with either Yamaha or Kawasaki, they make the most reliable watercraft. If you are buying new, look into the Kawasaki 15F for a 3 seater or the Yamaha 1300R for a 2 seater. For the most fun, get either a Yamaha Superjet or a Kawasaki SXR stand up. What type of riding are you going to do? The fastest pwc right now is the SeaDoo RXP, but only for 10 hours until the supercharger grenades the motor ;) :o :p If you have to have the fastest, go with the Kawi Ultra 150 :macho

ReconRider25
08-02-2004, 09:14 AM
whatever u do get a sitdown jetski not the stand up ones they suck.:o i havent haerd any bad things about the sea-doos and theyre pretty quick even with a passenger.:p

stace609
08-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
whatever u do get a sitdown jetski not the stand up ones they suck.:o i havent haerd any bad things about the sea-doos and theyre pretty quick even with a passenger.:p :huh :huh :huh

jlm996s
08-02-2004, 10:16 AM
I used to have a Polaris and loved it...hated to get rid of it. I never had any problems with it. I've rode several different kinds, except the new Honda, and Sea-Doo and Polaris felt and handled the best to me. If I could get one now...it would be the new Sea-Doo RXP!!

2001-400ex'er
08-02-2004, 12:06 PM
how fast do some of those supercharged ones go? or what about 1300s or even 1500s. I rented a 600 ( i think ) and that was pretty fast-like 60mph, so i cant imagine how fast the new ones go

Honda4trax250x
08-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
how fast do some of those supercharged ones go? or what about 1300s or even 1500s. I rented a 600 ( i think ) and that was pretty fast-like 60mph, so i cant imagine how fast the new ones go

ive gotten my 1200 to 72

ex kid
08-02-2004, 04:28 PM
SUPERJET

08-02-2004, 04:35 PM
how long will the engine in that seadoo RXP last? would it be pretty long or go out quickly?

Rip_Tear
08-02-2004, 05:01 PM
"Stand up" Jetski's are awsome! Sit downs are fun as well. If your buying new you basicly can't go wrong with anything seriously. Deciding on what CC to get can be a hassle, most dealerships should let you try a few out, the ones around here do... Personally I like Seadoo for a sitdown, and for a stand up Kawi or Yamaha, never ridden a Honda though.

I wouldn't go over the edge listening to everyone shout out brands. If your getting used its always going to be a risk on how well it was treated and just luck of the draw.

stace609
08-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
how long will the engine in that seadoo RXP last? would it be pretty long or go out quickly? These should answer your question ;) :p :eek2:
http://www.pwctoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=34666
http://www.pwctoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=39034

Giz400ex
08-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Sea Doo is a great name but there quality to me has gone down hill. I've heard ALOT of the Sea Doos blowing the motor. I'm not just saying a few, I'm saying alot!!! But maybe there 4stroke will be a different story. I still have a Polaris 650 that I never ride but overall I like that machine but it is a triple and its a ***** to start, very cold! But, if I was pic one I either would try the new honda (because I buy honda everything) or ( I hate to say this) a yamaha! Yamaha jet skis have been around for years and I never hear anything about probs ect about them. But, I do like that Honda, boy!!!

300ex13
08-02-2004, 08:21 PM
seadoos r prolly the funnest and most reliable 4 the money

Scottie Mac
08-02-2004, 08:44 PM
OK, PWC 101 ("Jetski" is a Kawasaki trademark)

If you want sit downs, do yourself a favor and get either BIG 2 seaters or three seaters. The newer genereation 3 seaters handle like the two seaters of old but are much more stable and user friendly. As for reliability, SEA DOO SUCKS. I used to be the GM for a powersports dealership and we used to get about a 10-1 ratio of sea doos to ANY other manufacturer as far as repairs/rebuilds. Kawi and Yamaha have always had the most reliable PWC around. The newer Yamaha 1200GPR and 1300GPr are nice stock, but don't mod them, because the cranks are known to be weak. All in all, if I had to pick one PWC that does it all good, go with a Kawasaki STXR1200. They run low 60s all day in any conditions. Plus, they will last forever.

If you want to get the most fun PWC ever created, go with a Super Jet, Kawi SXR (stand ups) or a Yamaha Waveblaster. But, what makes these skis so fun is the fact that it actually takes some skill to ride any of them.

I raced skis for years, still have two of my old race skis. One nice thing about PWC is that when you fall, water hurts a heck of a lot less than dirt!

Good luck,

Scott

I-7
08-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
OK, PWC 101 ("Jetski" is a Kawasaki trademark)

If you want sit downs, do yourself a favor and get either BIG 2 seaters or three seaters. The newer genereation 3 seaters handle like the two seaters of old but are much more stable and user friendly. As for reliability, SEA DOO SUCKS. I used to be the GM for a powersports dealership and we used to get about a 10-1 ratio of sea doos to ANY other manufacturer as far as repairs/rebuilds. Kawi and Yamaha have always had the most reliable PWC around. The newer Yamaha 1200GPR and 1300GPr are nice stock, but don't mod them, because the cranks are known to be weak. All in all, if I had to pick one PWC that does it all good, go with a Kawasaki STXR1200. They run low 60s all day in any conditions. Plus, they will last forever.

If you want to get the most fun PWC ever created, go with a Super Jet, Kawi SXR (stand ups) or a Yamaha Waveblaster. But, what makes these skis so fun is the fact that it actually takes some skill to ride any of them.

I raced skis for years, still have two of my old race skis. One nice thing about PWC is that when you fall, water hurts a heck of a lot less than dirt!

Good luck,

Scott

I dont mean to argue with you or anything but Sea Doo's dont flat out suck as you explained it. Maybe the owners didn't treat them well and didnt take care of them but I have over 200 hours on my sea doo gtx and have not had one problem with it. They start up really well and are made well. Just look at snowmobiles for instance. Ski Doo's use a lot of the same technology and engines as the Sea Doo "PWC's" and they are one of the top snowmobile brands. I agree with the rest of your post but I disagree with the fact that you single out one brand. Jetskis are all about personal preference: the seadoos are made to give the riders and passangers a smooth, and fun ride. Yamaha and kawasaki are more aimed to be competitive and fast. So basically what I'm saying is you have to pick what jetski you want according to how your going to ride it and take care of it

partyboy300ex
08-02-2004, 09:23 PM
get a kawi we have a 1100 and it is awesome tons of power the 900s are nice to:macho

jesshamner
08-02-2004, 10:48 PM
I used to work at a Marina on the Ohio River. I mostly saw Seadoo. That could explain why there was a higher ratio or problematic seadoos. I love the way the seadoos handle but I have heard that they can be unreliable. I have a friend that has the Kawi Ultra 150. It is nothing but trouble. Another friend had the kawi 1100. It was great until he sold it. The guy that bought it has had tons of problems with it. I like the seadoo b/c of its handling in the water. It feels easier to manuever than the yamahas and kawasakis. I have never ridden the honda or the polaris but I have heard great things about both of them. I think the honda looks huge though. I'm not a fan of the 3 seater size...might as well buy a small boat. All the hondas are the same length so if you go with the honda, you should probably go ahead and buy the 3 seater for the extra room. With the 3rd seat close to the rear of the machine, it would probably make it easier to mount in the water. That's my...umm...I'd say thats a little more than $0.02 :blah:

roostin_dale
08-02-2004, 10:50 PM
We have Polaris Jet-Skis..there really nice. Seadoos area all over the place. There some of the best out there...