PDA

View Full Version : my review on the Knarly tires.....

QuadJunkies
08-01-2004, 11:12 AM
anyone have a way to host a short clip for me??????:D The knarly has impressed me so far!!!! the Traction was excellentand never lost traction ,it had alot better cornering ability to corner than a stock 400ex tire has thanks to a 18 inch tire......:) I havent had a chance to compare them up to the klaws yet,those will be tested on the Predator here in the next few weeks.We tested them on sand,clay,MX track and desert terrain....I HIGLY reccomend these tires to anyone who likes the stockers,I cant wait to see how well it improves the traction for the Predator..This tire is a hit in my book!!!!!

I have a short clip of my Honda426ex racing for fun against an R with Kenda Klaws and a 440ex with turf tamers.The roost was unmatched.......:D IF someone could help me out and host the vid(its not good quality but you can get an idea,using new Camera at time:o ) it would be much appreciated.....;)

08-01-2004, 11:33 AM
i can host it through imagestation..you will have to right click the link & save as to your PC but it will play after that../.if you want to do that then send it to Jumbo757@hotmail.com

QuadJunkies
08-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
i can host it through imagestation..you will have to right click the link & save as to your PC but it will play after that../.if you want to do that then send it to Jumbo757@hotmail.com I was gonna do that too,but Im out of Vid space on there now.....:o only bad thing is you wont have any sound if its on Sony...:( but if you like, that would be nice Jumbo thanks;) How about I email you the vid?? ITs very short.....

QuadJunkies
08-01-2004, 01:12 PM
make room in your mailbox......its 5.5 MB:o :p !!!!

08-01-2004, 01:15 PM
would it not let you send it?

QuadJunkies
08-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
would it not let you send it? you should have it by now....... I just sent it.......

4wheelboy
08-01-2004, 03:21 PM
QJ , are these the knarly mx 18s? 4-ply

do u by any chance have pics or prices:confused:
thanks

08-01-2004, 03:57 PM
i never got it

MOFO
08-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
anyone have a way to host a short clip for me??????:D

try sending it over here... I should have room for it.

EAnglum@comcast.net

cals400ex
08-01-2004, 04:09 PM
how is the ride quality with these compared to other aftermarket tires you have ran?

QuadJunkies
08-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
QJ , are these the knarly mx 18s? 4-ply

do u by any chance have pics or prices:confused:
thanks heres a thread I started a few weks back with pis of the tires..:)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115291&highlight=knarly+tires

I dunno if they are still on backorder or not,but RMATV sells them..;) they are a 4 ply tire

QuadJunkies
08-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
how is the ride quality with these compared to other aftermarket tires you have ran? excellent.... I would say cornering might be just a bit nicer on the Klaws is what Im gonna guess,although like I mentioned before, I havent had a chance to try them out yet,but will be here is a few more weeks..on a muddy MX track they worked VERY well!!! they hooked up great . I liked them well enough that I may go ahead and and buy a second set so we both have our own set ........

QuadJunkies
08-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
try sending it over here... I should have room for it.

EAnglum@comcast.net well darn.....:grr: I keep sending it but it returns it back to me.....:mad: Maybe I can catch you on Aim and try to send it that way??? Maybe the file is too big..:(

MOFO
08-02-2004, 05:07 AM
dont worry, I got it.... :cool:

Here's your link.

Right Click and Save - QJ's Video Clip (https://home.comcast.net/~eanglum/TINA.MPG)

QuadJunkies
08-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks MOFO!!!;) like I said befopre..the quality of the short clip is crap, but the tires you can see are having no problem. hookin up.......:D

Anyhow, these are a great tire and a good investment..:)

4wheelboy
08-02-2004, 11:38 AM
excellent.... I would say cornering might be just a bit nicer on the Klaws is what Im gonna guess,although like I mentioned before, I havent had a chance to try them out yet,but will be here is a few more weeks..on a muddy MX track they worked VERY well!!! they hooked up great . I liked them well enough that I may go ahead and and buy a second set so we both have our own set ........

nice im gona try ordering a set soon. hopfully if i cant get them from rmatv ill get them from C&D:o

QuadJunkies
08-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
nice im gona try ordering a set soon. hopfully if i cant get them from rmatv ill get them from C&D:o C&D is also agreat place to buy them from!!! RMATV is only one state away from me, so thats why I do alot of ordering from them first....;)

2001-400ex'er
08-02-2004, 12:21 PM
wow... is that you getting the holeshot on a 250r and a 450r ( cant tell), what do u all have on that 400?

QuadJunkies
08-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
wow... is that you getting the holeshot on a 250r and a 450r ( cant tell), what do u all have on that 400? Its a 250r in the middle,and a 440ex on the right.....Mine is the one on the left....... MY mods are in my Sig. :)

cdalejef
08-02-2004, 01:13 PM
They get my vote! :macho

This is me with Jim White and Frank from Kenda and the new rear Knarly XC

UglyMotha™
08-02-2004, 01:18 PM
whose the lady standing between those two guys :confused:

ranger400ex
08-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Jim and Frank...Right nut, left nut.....who is the penis in between us?

cinigen9
08-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
They get my vote! :macho

This is me with Jim White and Frank from Kenda and the new rear Knarly XC

Jeff - what is the actual tire height on those? date available? are they working on any radials?

I like the small lugs they put on the side - should give them just a little bit more sidewall bite for climbing out of bad ruts.

I am running the 20" knarlys for xc and have been impressed, but when it is really rutted out they could use just a bit more height or sidewall bite to pull out of the ruts. Mine are 19.5" @ 6psi. Also, they wear much better compared to some of the other brands I have tried.

Carson

cdalejef
08-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Actual height is 21" and should be available late summer/early fall.

Meek
08-06-2004, 03:14 AM
I have ran used set of the 21 rears, and they hooked up great. I can't wait to get a new set:D

dirtmomma
08-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Dang well it took me an hour & half to download the vid the other day BUT I got to watch it LOL, looks good how come YOUR not on your quad :):)

4wheelboy
08-06-2004, 01:09 PM
rocky mountain was back ordered fora month. i ordered mine from c&d and they had them in stock. i cant wait to try these

QuadJunkies
08-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Dang well it took me an hour & half to download the vid the other day BUT I got to watch it LOL, looks good how come YOUR not on your quad :):) Are you kidding me......... Troy cant video anything.....:rolleyes: MAYBE I cant get him to for tonight a little of me racing......:D :macho Hes horrible about pics and vids....:(

dirtmomma
08-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Are you kidding me......... Troy cant video anything.....:rolleyes: MAYBE I cant get him to for tonight a little of me racing......:D :macho Hes horrible about pics and vids....:(

LOL yeah Ron's good w/ the vid cam, BUT not too hot w/ the digi ;) GOOD LUCK tonight give em h&ll girl!!!! Tell the kids & Troy good luck too, did the Preddy get fixed yet??

250exen
08-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Dang well it took me an hour & half to download the vid the other day BUT I got to watch it LOL, looks good how come YOUR not on your quad :):)

god i love dsl, it took me about 30 seconds if that.... haha

sweet video! i love that silver plastic!

dirtmomma
08-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 250exen

sweet video! i love that silver plastic!

Yea yea yea one of these days ;)

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 10:16 AM
LOL yeah Ron's good w/ the vid cam, BUT not too hot w/ the digi ;) GOOD LUCK tonight give em h&ll girl!!!! Tell the kids & Troy good luck too, did the Preddy get fixed yet?? yes...... The motor shipped Fri......:D Its gonna be sweet when it gets runnin.......:macho :blah: I done a thread on last nights racing.......:)

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 250exen

sweet video! i love that silver plastic! Thanks!! LOL.... the vid was low quality, I finally got my camrea back so the vids should look better now.....;) I took two more sort ones last night when it was some what dark of the races last night too.....
Dirtmomma~~~ I just bought everything I need to make some sweet vidoes,now i getting ready to buy some web space.....Go get the DSL girly!!!!:blah: