PDA

View Full Version : Night Shifts

Blysster
07-31-2004, 11:45 PM
Does anyone else on here work night shifts?

My job requires me to be here "in case" something happens so I have nothing to do for hours at a time. What do you guys do to stay awake all night??

I think I'm almost all the way insane :huh

Honda4trax250x
07-31-2004, 11:47 PM
can you listen to music? blast it

anyway, what do you have to watch over?

Blysster
07-31-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
can you listen to music? blast it

anyway, what do you have to watch over?

No soundcard.. yet. so I can't listen to anything. :(

I look over a computer network. pretty boring stuff, eh?

batgeek
07-31-2004, 11:55 PM
http://www.2flashgames.com

find a game and play it :) you don't need sound for most of them anyways.

oh yeah! some of the games may not be safe for work :devil:

Blysster
08-01-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
http://www.2flashgames.com

find a game and play it :) you don't need sound for most of them anyways.

oh yeah! some of the games may not be safe for work :devil:

I finally beat that "Ganguro Girl" game.. it took over 3 hours but the ending was worth it :devil:

polabareus
08-01-2004, 05:11 AM
I work the 11pm until 7am shift all alone at a call center. I'm on the 7th floor of an old old building very close to the lake superior shore. Nice view when the sun comes up. There's a big tv with cable here and of course the internet. Also a vcr and a dvd player, so I'm able to do something to keep myself from getting bored. I like to turn most of the lights off and read some stephen king, oooooo spooky. The phone hardly ever rings at night, I mean 3 calls is a busy night. My "friday" at work is saturday night. I've really turned into a night owl over the past few years since I started working this shift. I do everything at night it seems. I ride wheelers on my nights off, sometimes all night and into the next day. Someday I think it would be nice to return to the land of the daywalkers though. But you know, one year turns to two and so on and so on.

ThyJuGGaLo
08-01-2004, 07:10 AM
you could do like the movie Night Shift and turn it into a Brothel.

Giz400ex
08-01-2004, 09:08 AM
If its that boring then take a short nap:D Sometimes taking a power nap will help:D

Zwanter
08-01-2004, 11:31 AM
it took you 3 HOURS to beat ganguro girl? i beat it in like 45 min. lol but yes ending is def worth it :devil:

Blysster
08-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by polabareus
I work the 11pm until 7am shift all alone at a call center. I'm on the 7th floor of an old old building very close to the lake superior shore. Nice view when the sun comes up. There's a big tv with cable here and of course the internet. Also a vcr and a dvd player, so I'm able to do something to keep myself from getting bored. I like to turn most of the lights off and read some stephen king, oooooo spooky. The phone hardly ever rings at night, I mean 3 calls is a busy night. My "friday" at work is saturday night. I've really turned into a night owl over the past few years since I started working this shift. I do everything at night it seems. I ride wheelers on my nights off, sometimes all night and into the next day. Someday I think it would be nice to return to the land of the daywalkers though. But you know, one year turns to two and so on and so on.

I am the only one here when I work night shifts as well (other than the stoned security guy that walks around once in a while) but we don't have a TV here. I think I might invest in a sound card and a portable DVD ROM. On last night's 12 hour shift, I only had 7 calls of 2-3 minutes each.

The good thing is that I only have to work the graveyard shift one week per month so it's not too bad.. I don't know how you could do it all the time.. maybe you would get use to it after a while? switching back and forth between day shifts and nights shifts really messes me up.

Alright that's enough complaining from me for tonight :blah:

redroost85
08-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Ahh, I remember working midnights at the mill. It wasn't too bad for awhile...but then I started to feel like a zombie!:( I pulled straight midnights for a year one time:eek: although it was a lot better than working afternoon shift.

That's cool that you have a midnight job that is pretty laid back....in the mill that doesn't exist.:o

400exrules
08-01-2004, 08:15 PM
dude ill take your job :eek2: , i'd love to sit around and not do much and get paid, im tryin like crazy to get a job but all the d*mn college kids came home for summer and took all our jobs. I work my butt off tho doin some home repairs and lots of painting and only get like $7/hr. but ill take it cuz i have no other current way of makin money for a quad

JUSTINcredible
08-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
dude ill take your job :eek2: , i'd love to sit around and not do much and get paid, im tryin like crazy to get a job but all the d*mn college kids came home for summer and took all our jobs. I work my butt off tho doin some home repairs and lots of painting and only get like $7/hr. but ill take it cuz i have no other current way of makin money for a quad

it might sound like fun but it wouldent take long b4 that would suck..