PDA

View Full Version : I been thinkin

TheFontMaster
07-31-2004, 11:25 PM
This is just me rambling on so here I go. And I know I got 2 years to decide this but. Well I have realy been wanting to go to college to lern how to build hot rods, and custom vehicles. I have been really interested in this for the past 3 years or so. And this year once school starts I'm taking a special class thats an auto body class. Well lately I have been thinking that I might better like running a 4-wheeler shop. Something similar to east coast atv, or the quadshop. I'm realy just kinda confused right now. I could go into more stuff but I don't want this post to be too long.

derekhonda
07-31-2004, 11:31 PM
So...what exactly is your question?

My advice to you....pick a hobby you enjoy and think you will still enjoy in 40 years.

"Pick a job based on what you love and you will, infact, never work a day in your life."

SGA
07-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
"Pick a job based on what you love and you will, infact, never work a day in your life."
Good words to follow.
Many times have I seen, or talked to, or read in entrepreneur magazine about someone that quit their good paying job after 15- 20 years because they were miserable. Then they started doing what they really loved, be it opening a restaurant, a winery, a motorcycle shop, a bakery. The money is less, but they are much happier.
The really lucky people are the ones that get rich doing what they love to do. Take jessie James for example, he loves what he does, and cashed in to boot.

Ryan
07-31-2004, 11:59 PM

Good way to put it!

TheFontMaster
08-01-2004, 09:24 AM
So...what exactly is your question?

I gues I don't really have a question, It's just kinda me ranting on. It's just that like I've said I've wanted to build cars for like 3 or 4 years. And I had my heart set on that. And now I don't know if I wanna do that. I'll probably be able to decide if cars is what I really want to do once I start taking that auto body calss in september. It's just been worying me a little ya know.