PDA

View Full Version : good cheap phone

chucked
07-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Well my current cell phone took a dump on me today. Im lookin for a new one. Whats a good cheap phone (available on the market now) That has a very loud ring? A loud ring is the most important thing about the phone I am looking for, big gun makes a very freekin loud pipe. I dont really care about anything else as long as its a reliable phone.

brian-250
07-31-2004, 08:06 PM
i was just getting ready to post a theard like this, i want some good suggjestions to!:D

Ericthered rdr
07-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Chucked what carrier are you with I can probly hook you up. I have been in the wirless industry for 8 years. hey were you riding the r/r tracks at cowington Rd. this evening???

chucked
07-31-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Ericthered rdr
Chucked what carrier are you with I can probly hook you up. I have been in the wirless industry for 8 years. hey were you riding the r/r tracks at cowington Rd. this evening???

haha yes i was! I had a blast today... Im with verizon.

BlazingYamahaYz
07-31-2004, 09:48 PM
it depends on what works out by you...out by me, everyone has nextel's, and i swear at walmart everyone was talking on one....i picked mine up for $125(i530), but with rebates the phone is free....and i also got a cd(bought off ebay) that has ringtones and stuff on it, which there are alot of LOUD ones....check out Corporate Wireless (http://www.corporatewireless.com) if you want to get a nextel...they have some good deals if you want a new phone and plan...i have had nothing but good service from them, and so has everyone i have talked to about 'em....

chucked
07-31-2004, 10:02 PM
Well maybe i should have mentioned I just need a phone to go with my verizon plan until february when my contract expires and then I will be getting a nextel.

Ericthered rdr
08-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by chucked
Well maybe i should have mentioned I just need a phone to go with my verizon plan until february when my contract expires and then I will be getting a nextel.

Sorry I didn't get back on this last night but the wife had better plans:devil:

I am glad to hear you guys like Nextel..... they pay my bills:D

Since you are with Verizon (I started with them) get a Motorola phone. Nokia is not bad either. When you switch to nextel let me know I can hook you up bigtime.

BTW I saw you crossing the tracks around 6pm. You were going sloooooww:blah: Hey I heard that cops were riding that area on DS650's All you have to do to loose one of those is to head for the woods. Dem big fuggers can't hang in da tight stuff.:devil:

chucked
08-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Sorry I didn't get back on this last night but the wife had better plans:devil:

I am glad to hear you guys like Nextel..... they pay my bills:D

Since you are with Verizon (I started with them) get a Motorola phone. Nokia is not bad either. When you switch to nextel let me know I can hook you up bigtime.

BTW I saw you crossing the tracks around 6pm. You were going sloooooww:blah: Hey I heard that cops were riding that area on DS650's All you have to do to loose one of those is to head for the woods. Dem big fuggers can't hang in da tight stuff.:devil:

ds650's? man people talk some ****. I heard 1 time about a cop being on a honda rancher (I think) about a month ago, and im out every saturday and sunday and a few days during the week. When I crossed over did i cross over to the other side of the tracks (rt 40 side)? cuz if not it wasnt me. And I usually ride a wheelie crossing the road, but now im afraid its gonna blow up (my cam chain tensioner is almost all the way out, need a new cam chain)

I have another problem... I went to go get a cheapo phone today, it was 50 dollars at circuit city without an agreement, because I wasnt signing up for a new plan they were gonna charge me 165 bucks in addition to the phone. So its either pay $215 for a new phone (the cheapo) cancel my service for $185 or something, or just keep paying the bill without a phone. IM SCREWED!!!!!!!!

Ericthered rdr
08-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Give me a day I will try to find you one. I can call some of my contacts ovefr at verizon and see what they have available for you. What I need to know is what make and model you have now and which one are you looking for. Ebay is always an option as well.

I saw a guy on a red 400ex cross from Cowinton rd. He had a backpack or camelbak on.

chucked
08-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Give me a day I will try to find you one. I can call some of my contacts ovefr at verizon and see what they have available for you. What I need to know is what make and model you have now and which one are you looking for. Ebay is always an option as well.

I saw a guy on a red 400ex cross from Cowinton rd. He had a backpack or camelbak on.

I had a red backpack on, but there was also 3-4 other 400ex's out yesterday and they all had camelbacks, probably wasnt me. I saw greg hall oen time crossing the tracks. I see all sorts of people i know actually, pretty funny.

Right now I have a Audiovox CDM9500, its in the trash right now...

I want the cheapest phone they have!! I only need one until Feb

Ericthered rdr
08-01-2004, 11:14 AM
I'll call around for you tommorrow and try to find you something cheap. Hey if your phone had a "SIM" card in it get it out you will need it. If not no big deal just get an ESN change done with your new phone and you are set.

Berry
08-01-2004, 11:15 AM
samsung, i forget the model number but its a samsung. i have one and its a flip and has a really loud ring tone, i got it for 100$, so far so good

08-01-2004, 11:39 AM
i need a new cell phone..this POS nokia have now sucks...i was looking at the T720's on ebay..i have cingular w/ a sim card

chucked
08-01-2004, 12:06 PM
I'll call around for you tommorrow and try to find you something cheap. Hey if your phone had a "SIM" card in it get it out you will need it. If not no big deal just get an ESN change done with your new phone and you are set.

no "sim" card, i found my moms old cell phone im trying to change right now. The website isnt working right now so i had to call and im on hold

Ericthered rdr
08-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Just tell them you need an ESN change. Look on the back of the phone behind the battery and the esn is there.

chucked
08-01-2004, 12:14 PM
I did it and the stupid ******* did the wrong phone!!!! NOW I HAVE TO DO THIS PHONE AND MY MOMS PHONE!!!! IM GOIGN TO KILL SOMEONE!!!

Ericthered rdr
08-01-2004, 12:21 PM
LMAO wireless customer service is the worst!!

chucked
08-01-2004, 12:52 PM
LMAO wireless customer service is the worst!!

they finally got me hooked up with some dude and he took care of me. FINALLY!

Rdhanded2
08-01-2004, 02:02 PM

Wow, I couldn't disagree with you more. I know Nextel only uses Motorola, but on a whole, Motorola cell phones have more bugs/ glitches/ etc than any other company. I have been in the cellular industry for almost 9 years, so I know what I am talking about. The charging ports on Motorolas are notorious for breaking/ stop working. The company I have worked with that has been consistantly good is LG. They make a quality product, and we get less non human error problems with them than any other phoe company. Just my $.02

MOFO
08-02-2004, 05:00 AM
Erictheread rdr... check your PM's. :cool:

Ericthered rdr
08-02-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
Wow, I couldn't disagree with you more. I know Nextel only uses Motorola, but on a whole, Motorola cell phones have more bugs/ glitches/ etc than any other company. I have been in the cellular industry for almost 9 years, so I know what I am talking about. The charging ports on Motorolas are notorious for breaking/ stop working. The company I have worked with that has been consistantly good is LG. They make a quality product, and we get less non human error problems with them than any other phoe company. Just my $.02

Very true. The charging ports have been thier achillies heel but as far as everyday abuse they seem to outlast the rest of the group. The problem is more with the user than the phone in most phone casualites. People expect a small electronic device to be able to hold up to the worst punishment they could give it. My favorite was when I started as a bench tech and people would bring in a phone with water damadge and would say "you mean you can't get them wet???" WTF would you get your car stereo wet??? Hell no! So why would anyone think that a cellphone is any different. I also like the guy who complains about his reception in BFE. It is not a land line fugger!!! People have no concept of how RF works and what it takes to proccess a wireles call if they did they would never complain again. My rant for the day:D

trick450r
08-02-2004, 06:49 AM
my dad had a motorola with 67,000 minutes he had it for three years.....then he dropped it in the river while we were fly fishing and it still worked....just not in the car hands free, so whatever he got a new LG and dropped that in the ocean after a week lol....but got insurance and those fuggers caused so much trouble trying not to live up to the insurance! it sucked but it worked out!

titianheel
08-02-2004, 10:27 AM
what is a good ringtone site