PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake Leaking Fluid?

250EXpwns
07-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Has anyone ever had problems with their parking break leaking fluid? I've been trying to get my brakes fixed for weeks and now when I bleed the brakes the piston will push out until it hits the rotor then fluid starts shooting out the parking brake all over my tire!:eek2: Do you think an EB Block Off would fix my brake problem?

KY Woods Rider
07-31-2004, 05:47 PM
You have a blown seal in the caliper, and a block-off won't fix that.

250EXpwns
07-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Are you sure? I just had my caliper rebuilt...

popo
07-31-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 250EXpwns

That would give me the first indication maybe one of the seals is pinched or piston not set correct.

Ericthered rdr
07-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by 250EXpwns

Here is a parts list (http://www.planethondaracing.com/cgi-bin/hondaparts/results_parts_details?mv_session_id=nidtUySc&mv_pc=175&se=pg_d_id%3d659%20and%20pg_my_id%3d38) of your rear caliper. The seals are easy to replace. It is super important to make sure everything is super clean....like surgury when you reassemble the caliper. Get ride of the P/B and get a block off. Good luck

OhioRed
08-01-2004, 08:30 AM
I had the same problem after taking my caliper apart the first time. There is a small o-ring where the piston comes out, for the parking brake......that got sheared when I put mine back together. A parking brake block off will not fix the problem, you'll have to replace that small o-ring. I'd recommend getting a box with an assortment of different size o-rings. It is cheaper than any sort of rebuild and you'll have plenty of extras for anything else that comes up. Just be more careful putting it back together next time.

hope that helps. good luck.