PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wheelies

xNOILABOYx
07-31-2004, 05:13 PM
do u guys do them sitting in 1st or 2nd starting out,or standing 1st or 2nd?

RH1N08d9
07-31-2004, 06:45 PM
sitting is so much easier, and when I want to do a slow wheelie, I go in first, and when I want to go fast, I go secend then third....

xNOILABOYx
07-31-2004, 08:11 PM
by the time i find my balance point in 1st im almost redlinin'ans when i shift into 2nd my nose falls down,so i tried them in 2nd and they dont want to come up unless im standing

2001-400ex'er
07-31-2004, 08:47 PM
I can start mine in wither 1st or 2nd sitting down, and if i have enough room i can sometimes go through all the gears (1-5 if im doin good.)

Honda400exrox
07-31-2004, 10:25 PM
whats the longest wheelie u ever did?:confused:

xNOILABOYx
08-01-2004, 08:02 AM
sadly..... prob 50 feet

EXtremeEXer50
08-01-2004, 09:34 PM
even with an exhuast u cant ride a wheelie...something is wrong there

400 EX FREAK
08-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by xNOILABOYx
sadly..... prob 50 feet

IS THAT IN 1ST OR 2ND GEAR

xNOILABOYx
08-03-2004, 09:17 AM
1st,sitting

redlineranger
08-03-2004, 10:02 PM
dont have a 400 but i can walk my es pretty good
sittin down in 1st and 2nd i can get them up and ride them out to about 4th gear. thats as far as ive got:cool:

Quad Dude
08-05-2004, 09:35 PM
slow wheelies 1st or 2nd but when in going to set a new personal best i pull it on the road in 3rd and usually shift to fouth farely quick and hold in it in 4th till i have to hit 5th then its just a matter of how well ur balance is unles u got a lot of torque in 5th or till i can't make the corners in the road any more

gncc025
08-05-2004, 11:15 PM
i can do a wheelie pretty good on my ex.the best i can do rite now is get it up in 4th standing and ride one about 150 yards:o

Nausty
08-10-2004, 12:53 AM
4th gear sitting, 5th gear standing:P

practice makes perfect;)

pikey21
08-12-2004, 07:37 PM
come on i have a 300ex and i can weely more than 50 feet
more like 150 feet the longes was 300 feet sitting i redlined 3rd gear:huh :blah:

user101
08-12-2004, 08:33 PM
if i get lucky and get my balance perfect i can stay in 1st gear sitting down and ride them a looooong ways...most of the time i just stand up and do em in second and change to third and ride them

LazeR
08-12-2004, 10:25 PM
If you practice enough and figure out how to get it past the balance point and bring it back and use body english you will be able to go along ways! ive done them in the dunes with someone on the back for prolly about 2000 feet started in second, shifted to third and got into 4th and was gonna go in the ocean if i didnt set it down! I can go up and down hills (not really steep ones) without setting it down....i can start flat, go up then down back on the flat and still hold the wheelie! Practice makes perfect and i still have a long way to go :( but im not doing to bad! :macho its really fun wheelieing and having someone on the back too!

xNOILABOYx
08-12-2004, 10:38 PM
if i go back sitting in the dirt will it grab and bend my bar or just keepin puttting me along?

pikey21
08-13-2004, 08:54 AM
dont ride the grab bar that looks retarded and thers no skill involved :muscle:

Nausty
08-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
If you practice enough and figure out how to get it past the balance point and bring it back and use body english you will be able to go along ways! ive done them in the dunes with someone on the back for prolly about 2000 feet started in second, shifted to third and got into 4th and was gonna go in the ocean if i didnt set it down! I can go up and down hills (not really steep ones) without setting it down....i can start flat, go up then down back on the flat and still hold the wheelie! Practice makes perfect and i still have a long way to go :( but im not doing to bad! :macho its really fun wheelieing and having someone on the back too!

lol no ****, i'm pry not the poster boy for quad safety sometimes.

Kinda funny seeing peoples reaction when you pop it up in 3rd and go all the way up to 5th for a few miles on the highway past oncoming traffic and what not.

but yea practice makes perfect. It took me forever to learn how to wheelie and now....

sam the brave
08-13-2004, 11:56 AM
all i did was ride rodes and i can pulle wellies in ever gear but pulling the up in 5th is fun the wind just keeps u up
and my longest wellie was about a half a mile

Ding
08-14-2004, 09:37 PM
wheelies are bad ***, should be able to pull them up in any gear, I do sit downs up to forth, I don't shift them though, seat standers I could do all day, and bar tricks can be cool if you do something cool when your on the bar. Coasters rock too, my friends pulling like 300ft, i'm doing like 100 at the moment.

400exracer08
08-17-2004, 12:46 AM
just hit the right spot and start shifting the faster you go the easier it is.

pikey21
08-30-2004, 01:06 PM
a half mile i want to see that
;)

sam the brave
08-30-2004, 02:26 PM
pikey u have seen me wellie i can go as long ads i want if the road is flat and the next time we go riding with cory i will do it the road in front of his houise is about a half a mile

400Ex_Rida
08-31-2004, 01:49 PM
If my tire pressure is right, I can ride one as long as the road goes.

z-4debt
09-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Sam u suck at wheelies and pike we all saw u fall.
now first one to find who this is gets a dollar.

z-4debt
09-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by pikey21
dont ride the grab bar that looks retarded and thers no skill involved :muscle: cough *PAUL* cough

sam the brave
09-02-2004, 05:57 PM
hey clint
afetr u left pike fell again

sam the brave
09-02-2004, 06:00 PM
hey clint what u doing about ure z is in in the shop or u doing it ure self

z-4debt
09-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Its at a friends i cant swap frames but he can.

sam the brave
09-03-2004, 06:10 AM
nice keep the old frame just fo the hell of it
and whats else happend to it are the a arms bent

z-4debt
09-03-2004, 01:13 PM
The left a-arm snapped in half....

sam the brave
09-03-2004, 02:56 PM
that blows did u take pics
anything else happe to it like are the plastics ok is thehandel bars ok

sam the brave
09-03-2004, 03:06 PM
guesset the new frame

z-4debt
09-03-2004, 03:56 PM
I havnt noticed anything else wrong. I baught the a-arms and the gusset kit a few days ago. Cycle pros has a frame for 550 ima take a look at,.

sam the brave
09-03-2004, 05:07 PM
now as soon as i fix my bike we will ride
the skid plate bent up scratceh my rotor
and today i poed my tire

skysolo16
09-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Ok You talk about riding wheelies 3rd gear wound out 150-300ft. one question. Why so short? If you balance it perfect you can ride one in first forever and never wind out. its all about balance and throttle control. I'll ride a wheelie all day long as far as you want it one handed and never leave first. If you don't believe it tell me where I can post videos on this site.

alburtus1
09-17-2004, 10:44 AM
to me once i felt the balancing point and realized how to work the brake it hasn't mattered what gear, speed, or position I was in. it just goes and work it if it doesn't. Any decsent quad should wheelie forever in any gear as fast or slow as you want

mxquadracer
09-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by xNOILABOYx
by the time i find my balance point in 1st im almost redlinin'ans

That's because you are using the rev of the motor to get the front end off the ground...need more body positioning and to pull up harder. The quad can't do all the work;)

LazeR
09-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by mxquadracer
That's because you are using the rev of the motor to get the front end off the ground...need more body positioning and to pull up harder. The quad can't do all the work;)

thats very true.... it can do most...but you have to guide it!

sparks400
10-03-2004, 01:28 AM
LOL i got something for yall, wen my old city shut down the highway while we were riding, it was 4 lanes and there was 5 of us, each one of us got in a lne and pulled it up and rode for about a mile and a cop was goin to the crash on the other side of the highway and we droped them down and go into a lane and cut off at the exit and cut off into the woods from the exit, it was sooooooo fffuuuunnnnn i wish i had a picture the show yall

messy126
10-06-2004, 11:26 AM
yea i got stock 400 i can do wheelies in any gear sitting or standing, and when im on the handlebars 3rd

dcvet
10-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Going forward I can sit/stand basic wheelies as long as the road is - pulling up in whatever gear. I find standing to be easier. One foot on the bar (I also can shift gears with my hand on these ones), both feet on the bar same as the regular ones(and this is NOT with my knees resting on the seat - I am standing on the bar). Same thing also with riding them with foot on the opposite peg. ex. Right foot on the left peg with my left foot sticking out - I shift with my right foot on these ones and can go pretty much forever as well.
One handed sit downs and stand ups are looong as well. One handed, one footed are decent, and they're definately getting better. One foot on the bar, one shifting and one handed are forever too.

Sitting on the handle bars I do in 2nd and starting to try in 3rd.

Sitting facing backwards on the machine I do only in first right now, but not too long - maybe the longest was 75 feet at the most - need to practice more.

I'm currently looking into developing a mouth switch for the throttle so I can try some new ****.

I've pretty much tried every configuration there is. Once you learn your balance, you will be a badass. As you practice, your body starts to make corrections for you subconsciencely without effort. I shoot videos of my friends doing wheelies with a helmet mounted camera, and I usually ride around them pretty aggressively with out having to think about it too much.

practice practice practice

Vid

ps. I ride 03' 400EX

Blown 331
10-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
whats the longest wheelie u ever did?:confused:

5.3 miles starting out in 5th gear on a bone stock 400.

new03400
11-02-2004, 04:57 PM
my farthest wheelie is right at 3.7miles...i did that this past sunday on my bone stock 400ex, i can bring it up in any gear and ride it till the road stops more or less...that is sitting down on the seat with both feet on the pegs (except to turn it)

now my farthest stand up wheelie both feet on the begs standing up is about 1.8miles...

it seem to work as the old saying goes "practice makes perfect"

but i get this eerie feeling and some pics that flash thru my mind on what would be the out come at of a wheelie that got a little to far back wide open in fifth gear (70ish)...OUCH!!! gives me chills everytime i think about it!

steve

JR3
11-04-2004, 07:33 AM
once u find ur balance point good u can do some variations http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/100_2108.jpg

fmf400ex03
11-07-2004, 05:42 PM
all i want to know is where the heck are u finding 3 or 5 miles worth of strait roads or what ever and do u relize how long that is sounds alil made up to me the longest i have ever rode was 1.2 miles in maine on a loggin road and had my uncle on his sportsman clock it i was in forth 5 miles man come on man my buddy's house is abou 4.5 from mine and i took my car there the same day read that and thats a lil hard to beleave and wheres your proof just because tho's #s are sooooo high..... o yeah 5th gear wide open and hitting the bar been there did that its scary i was lucky i hit the bar and it stayed on it for about 20feet put a hole in the bar and it hurts when u tap the brake to put it down my buddy laiter on that day on the way back thought it was a good idea to try it just to see yup that was 1 hurtin SOB and 1 totaled 400 as soon as it hit he hit hard and it bounced him and flung him and rolled tomany times to count

Nausty
11-15-2004, 08:46 PM
5th gear wheelies for 6+ miles is easy. After a point it all depends on how long the road goes or how much gas you have.

personally i dunno if hes tellin the truth or not but its definitely possible and they ain't near as hard as most people think.

CAMPRO
11-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
5th gear wheelies for 6+ miles is easy. After a point it all depends on how long the road goes or how much gas you have.

personally i dunno if hes tellin the truth or not but its definitely possible and they ain't near as hard as most people think.

Dustin.... you're my hero!:devil:

fmf400ex03
11-17-2004, 09:38 PM
6 miles u should just saqy u can wheelie around the world and get gas and sleep and eat with out letting thos tires hit the grounds u cant even see like 6 miles i can hang like every road around me and i have been known for hang'n some sick wheelies around me but 6 miles man u must have a 600 stroker kit in that and like some bars with wheels so u can flip over so u just ride thos the hole time i mean i can ride 8 like nothin but i ant got no proof and its not even reasonable i want to see like a video or some proof of that

CAMPRO
11-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by fmf400ex03
6 miles u should just saqy u can wheelie around the world and get gas and sleep and eat with out letting thos tires hit the grounds u cant even see like 6 miles i can hang like every road around me and i have been known for hang'n some sick wheelies around me but 6 miles man u must have a 600 stroker kit in that and like some bars with wheels so u can flip over so u just ride thos the hole time i mean i can ride 8 like nothin but i ant got no proof and its not even reasonable i want to see like a video or some proof of that

Did anyone else understand that????:ermm:

steveatv3
11-18-2004, 04:11 PM
I can wheelie for miles and stop while wheeling, but one time i was flying 5th gear flat out and you need to keep it near the grab bar while doing that. and i wanted to bring the front down and from the tires not spinning it felt like it stopped dead i flew over the bars and ate it so bad at like 65

Old Head
11-21-2004, 03:00 AM
I'll ride most wheelies sitting but i can do them with 1 knee on the seat. And as far as what gear i usually start out in 1st or 2nd and shift gears in the air, riding them till i run out of room.:D

sparks400
12-17-2004, 06:29 PM
if im gonna start standin hit it 2nd, if im gonna start sittin 2nd, longest ive pulled was about a mile and most of the way i was standin my seat, i can pull them 2nd through 5th pretty easy depending on tire pressure and balance, me and like3 other of my friends jumped on the highway while we were campin it took us like 20min to get out there at like 3 in the morning and took up all 4 lanes, and we pulled a nice 1/2 mile, that was cool as $h!t, i jad good times wheeling, one of my buddys that doin the 4 line take up crashed right next to me while we were on a 2 lane road that was abandon, he had a broken skull, road rash, i told before we went out to strap his helmet so he did, but no tight, so it fell off ( we were just shiftin into 5th), and the wind caught him. be safe, strap ur helmets

Nausty
12-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by fmf400ex03

personally, i could care less if you beleive i'm bull****ting you. As for a video I don't have none of me doing 5th gear wheelies cuz one I can't ever plan out a driver, camera man and a camera cuz my camera broke.

As for pictures I don't have any fifth gear wheelies but you can do a search and see all the other **** I can do. As a matter of fact I can do/have done 5th gear high chairs but I got no photos or video so take it or leave it. I quit highway stuff for the most part after my cousin got hit and killed by a truck on a gravel road while riding his fourwheeler.

hunda400ex
12-25-2004, 08:43 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4287594757

397ccEX
12-26-2004, 10:39 AM
I cant ride a wheelie for 6+ miles
but i dont have a straight away that goes six miles
I do like cruisin in 4th gear and then ride a wheelie into 5th and keep on truckin