PDA

View Full Version : help for a-arms

ridered711
07-31-2004, 04:14 PM
hey guys i was wondering if sumone could give me some info on aftermarket a-arms...Im kinda stumped because i bought a 2000 400ex and it came with dg full exhaust and works performance shock(this is what im stumped on the shocks part) i dont know what size a-arms i should get ...i have 16 inch works shocks.

PLEASE HELP ME.. :confused:

EMAIL-Blastermaster123456@yahoo.com
AIM-Blastermaster711

ZSK
07-31-2004, 04:32 PM
A-arm length depends on the conditions in which you ride/race. For trail riding or XC I'd stay at stock length or +1 at the most. For MX you could go +1 +2 or +3 depending on the offset of your wheels. Any a-arms longer or shorter than what you have you'll need to have your shocks resprung/revalved for the best performance.

Ralph
07-31-2004, 06:30 PM
if you were to get a-arms i would recomend getting your shocks redone or buy new shocks all together.

First of all, are the shocks adjustable, have resevoirs(the cans) and how many springs do they have.

if they are adjustable and have 3 to 4 springs and the resovoirs i recomend you get them redone by santo derisi, he will make them 10 times better than they are now and can make them work properly.

If they dont have the above then i wouldnt think it would be worth it to get them redone and you should just purchase a new set of shocks.

As for a-arms Burgard, JD performance and houser all sell realy good quality a-arms for a good value.

For lenght, if you are just trail riding play riding i would say get plus 1 a-arms. If you ride more motocross then you should get plus 2. Dont worry about going +1 foward.

Thats about it...