PDA

View Full Version : Main jet or Jet kit?

Tread70
07-30-2004, 11:53 PM
I was curious if the majority of people here buy a jet kit initially or just change out the main jet after modding for the first time? Is there any benefit to using the jet kit vs. just changing out the main?

Tread

Florida400EX
07-31-2004, 08:58 AM
Most people just buy individual jets, I think the jet kits are a waste of money, unless your constantly changing your mods, and location.

redroost85
07-31-2004, 02:04 PM
I would stick to the stock Keihin jets. Jet kits are a waste of time and money in my opinion. The numbers are not all the same and you sometimes don't get the right jets in the kit.

I rejetted mine with stock jets (main and pilot) saved a bunch of time and money.:)

hondarider2006
07-31-2004, 02:08 PM
I went out and wasted my money on a jet kit....big mistake. I could never get the damn needle right, it did nothing but piss me off. When I did my 416 and switched to a Uni filter from a K&N, I just ordered individual jets from C&D. I believe they are like $3 a piece, and MUCH easier to get the jetting right;)

Tread70
07-31-2004, 02:58 PM
This seems hard to believe that the amount of racers here and so far 0 jet kit and 3 mains. I was told by a mechanic and a pro stock engine builder that you get more from the jet kit because of a different profile of the needle. I would think that the racers here would want every fraction of a horsepower they could get even if it is a tenth of a hp that they would use it.

Tread

hondarider2006
08-02-2004, 02:58 AM
I used that damn needle....and I could never get it right. Washer under the clip.....clip here and there, didn't matter what, it wasn't right. Threw the stock one back in, and it ran like a charm. The MJ was also right...so I knew it wasn't that or the pilot. Just go out and get the individul jets:cool: