PDA

View Full Version : Do racers "ride"?

250EXpwns
07-30-2004, 09:53 PM
I have a question that has been on my mind for many monthes and I'd like to finally ask it.

Do racers actually "ride" sometimes? Like, riding through some trails with your friends or maybe just playing around on wheelies. Are they 'you' forbidded from actually riding for fun? Do they have to tight of a schedule? If you do, what is it like to just play around on your quad, or dirtbike, while you're not in or at a race? Just curious, so let's see some opinions!

WOracing
07-30-2004, 10:00 PM
stupid question but im sure they have free time to mess around:)

Sportrax10
07-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Ive riden with a pro just for "fun"...

250EXpwns
07-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
Ok...thanks for the nice response...If you don't have something good to say then don't say it, unless it's a joke.

SRH
07-30-2004, 10:06 PM
well i work 40 hrs a week, i havent had anytime to ride just at the races, with all the maintence on a race quad and other stuff you have to do non quad related its hard to get time to ride, i finally finsihed redoing are practice area and im hoping i can get time to ride 2 times a weekthen prepping the quad and inspecting everything, oil changes, adjustement s picking up oil and supplys and stuff, you add that all into a week and y ou dont have time for nothing, most c class guys trail ride and play around but it seems like the more serious you are the less u ride....its just how it goes...unless your like 16 and you dont have to do anything cept ride.

WOracing
07-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 250EXpwns
Ok...thanks for the nice response...If you don't have something good to say then don't say it, unless it's a joke.

i was joking....:(

SRH
07-30-2004, 10:07 PM

thats not a stupid question at all.....

250EXpwns
07-30-2004, 10:08 PM
i was joking....:(
It's ok I figured you were. lol;)

WOracing
07-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by SRH
thats not a stupid question at all.....

i said i was JOKING...anywho

SRH
07-30-2004, 10:09 PM
i said i was JOKING...anywho

i dont think u were ur just covering it up...who woudl make a joke liek that lol

WOracing
Originally posted by 250EXpwns
It's ok I figured you were. lol;)

:)

cheetah
Ride? If it wasn't for racing I would have anyone to ride with. Actually I would love to ride if anyone would ride with me.

Pappy
07-30-2004, 10:10 PM
ive had several pro riders express to me that they hardly ever ride for fun....and they miss it.

i also know a few that have more fun trail riding and goofing off then racing so it goes both ways.

the problem trail riding or play riding with these knuckleheads is that they forget you arent "joe pro" and i usually end up lost:(

Honda4trax250x
never joke without a smiley, he had no way to know

for example: u r a Lo0zZerrr!!!!!!1111oneoneone:blah:

then we know that this person is kidding
'

;)

WOracing
Originally posted by SRH
i dont think u were ur just covering it up...who woudl make a joke liek that lol

i would...:D

250EXpwns
07-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
Ride? If it wasn't for racing I would have anyone to ride with. Actually I would love to ride if anyone would ride with me.
Yeah, see what I mean? If you race then you want to get away sometimes and ride for fun, but if you ride then you want to race for a career and fun...

cheetah
07-31-2004, 10:06 AM
No it's that if i didn't take the time to race, I wouldn't have the time or anyone else to ride with. Out of this year I've only "rode" two times that I haven't raced. If it wasn't for taking time to race, I wouldn't even get to be on my quad.

XCAdam89
07-31-2004, 10:35 AM
I ride for fun everytime :devil: :devil:

SRH
07-31-2004, 11:02 AM
i remember the good old days id go riding every day after school make trails pretend i was doug gust and wish i had one of his blue nacs quads, ride are mx track right after it rained and pretend i was racing other guys and see how fast i could go throuh some trails

now its ok check the whole quad over get gear on, pound out some laps work on railing corners , just workin on my style and smoothness, then its wash the quad for 20 minutes put it up on a stand and repeat, i havetn eve had time to do that...

Toadz400
07-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SRH
...unless your like 16 and you dont have to do anything cept ride.

Hey now...some of us 16 year olds have jobs and actually work for our stuff...

I just spent $500 on HiPer rims and Kenda tires...and yes, it was my money that I earned at a real job...not just doing some yard work for my parents and they give me a $500 allowance like some rich boys:D .

I wish I lived with a rich family:( ..not a $2 million in debt family...oh well:o .

bradley300
07-31-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by cheetah

well join up at www.kentuckyriders.com were always planning a ride somewhere, ive been on afew, there pretty fun

07-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Back to the original question. I am by no means a pro and i have a hard time finding time to ride. Heck I have a hard enough time getting my bike ready between races. I am sure Pros spend much more time than I do practicing or preping their quads so i don't see many of them doing too much fun riding! I remember Just trail riding with friends it was fun.

flyin#5
07-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400

I just spent $500 on HiPer rims and Kenda tires...and yes, it was my money that I earned at a real job

lol.... mcdonalds:p

but i agree, some of us have to work. i like to race a lot, its definetly fun. but none of my best times riding quads were when racing, hell they werent even on these fast sport quads either.... sometimes you think when you get a bigger, faster quad it'l be more fun, but i really think its the other way around. nothing like having a 200sx, or lt185:devil: and not even changing the oil or a spark plug for 10 years.... lol, just go out and ride. i have a built up blaster, i cant say i like to ride it everyday like i used to ride my 200, because i usually have to end up fixing something, and id rather save it for the races. thats true with a lot of racers i believe. i still find plenty of time to ride my track at home, and hit the trails though.