PDA

View Full Version : American Star A-Arms

400exracer511
07-30-2004, 02:52 PM
i am looking for aftermarket a-arms and i dont want to spend more that 500 dollars. i was looking on ebay and they have these american star a-arms. does anyone have these or know anyone who has them that can give me a report on how they are holding up? I am also looking at burgard arms. is there any other set for under 500 that are good?

Ralph
07-30-2004, 03:19 PM
www.jdperformanceatv.com

try them or

Burgard

i heard american star wasnt too good...

batgeek
07-30-2004, 04:57 PM
you wont go wrong with either of the ones Ralph recommended.

i run JD Performance and beat the crap outta them. very well made a-arms for a great price.

Ralph
07-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
you wont go wrong with either of the ones Ralph recommended.

i run JD Performance and beat the crap outta them. very well made a-arms for a great price.

and service overall is great too, wich IMO burgard lacks, Izzy(guy who owns burgard) told my friend he would send him free blaster a-arm bushing after we met him so my friend called in and gave him all the info and 3 months later still no bushings.

2 of my jd performance a-arm bushings were all done after one season and after talking to jd she had some on the way, but they got lost in the mail, she then sent 2 more sets and both of those got lost, finaly she sent them priority and they got here. I had a feeling maybe she thought i was scamming her but she sent more anyway, very nice to deal with.

As for the a-arms, Jd and burgard are stunningly similar, my friend has 400ex burgard and i have ex Jd's and i cant realy tell them apart, if there is a diff then its in the geometry and both sets have proved themselves...

TC426EX
07-30-2004, 07:03 PM
American Star is a pile of crap. Trust me dont get them. I have heard a zillion bad things about them. In addition, my friend uses a set of ASR +3's on his raptor and hes been having problems with them after only running them 4 months. Look into JD performance, burgard, or Houser for a set of decently priced arms that are good quality...

Allen
08-12-2004, 09:06 PM
I had a set of American Star tie rods and they were a piece of crap...you really get what you pay for :grr: