PDA

View Full Version : How to install main jet

2001-400ex'er
07-30-2004, 11:33 AM
I should be getting my HMF slip on pretty soon and i was wondering where the main jet is ( i have a 155 to put in) and also where the "fuel" screw is-or dont i need to touch this, thanks alot!

cals400ex
07-30-2004, 11:43 AM
air box lid on or off? what elevation you at? what temp you riding in?

2001-400ex'er
07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
my lid would be on ( trail riding, dusty MX tracks), Its Wisconsin so i beleive the elevation is under 1000 Ft. and the temp right now is around high 70s low 80s, and in winter i plan on putting in a 42 pilot.

TC426EX
07-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
I should be getting my HMF slip on pretty soon and i was wondering where the main jet is ( i have a 155 to put in) and also where the "fuel" screw is-or dont i need to touch this, thanks alot!

You can get to the main jet 2 ways. You could either take the float bowl off and do it, or you can access it through the bolt in the bottom of the carb. If you unscrew that it is just a screw in cap and the main jet is straight in. Either way it will be easier if you take the carb out and do it. Its been a while since Ive had a stock carb, but I remember it was really hard to work on it when it was still attached. Sometimes you can loosen the carb up and just turn it to the side but I never had much luck with that. To remove it you will either need a small flathead or a 6mm socket. Im not sure which the stock honda is, but sometimes they have a flathead groove in the bottom, and sometimes they are socket shaped.... Hope this helps...