PDA

View Full Version : fastest cannondale?

MY450R
07-30-2004, 09:11 AM
whats the fasteest cannondale and is it faster than a 450
stock vs stock

bradley300
07-30-2004, 09:40 AM
pretty sure the SPEED is the fastest, but any of them can go that fast, just switch the map. and they are all as fast as the new 450's

honda_racer_713
07-30-2004, 09:59 AM
i thot the moto was the fastest:huh

Ralph
07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
The origional 5(moto, speed, blaze, desert???, canibal) are the same engine just different maps. One wouldnt blow another away, they just have their own strenghts, low end, top end, mid range etc...

if u were to ask me the cannondale/atk's are still very competitive and that matters more than who could win in a drag race:rolleyes:

bradley300
07-30-2004, 10:36 AM
the moto's have the strongest map, but they are geared lower for mx. so i geus it depends on what "fast" means to you. acceleration the moto is the fastest, in top speed, its the speed

batgeek
07-30-2004, 10:43 AM
hehe, i agree with Brad. but....the Nac's map made my sphincter tighten up!

Ralph
07-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
hehe, i agree with Brad. but....the Nac's map made my sphincter tighten up!

asssphinctersayswhat

MY450R
07-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
asssphinctersayswhat
what????:huh

Ralph
07-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
what????:huh

exactly:blah:

Doibugu2
07-30-2004, 12:07 PM
asssphinctersayswhat

phincter - by defination would be a part of the male anatomy typically found around the middle of the body.:eek:

Ralph
07-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
phincter - by defination would be a part of the male anatomy typically found around the middle of the body.:eek:

my450r is an *** sphincter :blah:

TGW_400ex
07-30-2004, 09:10 PM
The origional 5(moto, speed, blaze, desert???, canibal) are the same engine just different maps. One wouldnt blow another away, they just have their own strenghts, low end, top end, mid range etc...

if u were to ask me the cannondale/atk's are still very competitive and that matters more than who could win in a drag race:rolleyes:

desert ones called the glamis;)

I'd also like to say that the speed doesnt really have the much speed to it i drag raced one on my 400 and its only like 1 - 2 mph faster top end

jcv400ex
07-30-2004, 09:29 PM
The fastest Cannondale IMO hails from Erie, PA. Bored and stroked to a full 465cc's. It'll darn there snap a chain on holeshot launch.....:eek2:

cheetah
07-30-2004, 09:34 PM
I've raced both R's and YFZ's and stock for stock the cdale wins. Exhaust for exhaust the cdale wins, but get past that and I have no experience. They are all fairly close though. A dale is competitive with anything out right now and after riding them all I'm thinking of picking up a spare instead of the YFZ I was going to get. I personally run the Blaze/Speed map since I race in the woods, but love that top end pull when I hit the upper RPMs.

TGW_400ex
07-31-2004, 08:21 AM
The Speeds for woods racing, the Glamis is for duning, The Moto is for mx, and the canibal is there general public quad. So what is the blaze designed for?

cheetah
07-31-2004, 10:03 AM
Actually the blaze was the woods quad. The cannibal was the base model, and the speed was kind of a step up from that. It wasn't as decked out or use specific as the blaze and moto, but had a few extras like non-rezzie ohins fronts, holeshot tires, tag bars, different graphics and seat cover, and of course the top end speed map.

CannondaleRider
08-01-2004, 02:04 AM
The way i understood it was

Cannibal - Base Model
Speed - Desert
Blaze - Woods
Moto - MX
Glamis - (Glamis, lol) Dunes

Was the FX400 really designed for anything, being that it was the first model, it was probably just all around.

Juggalo
08-01-2004, 02:14 AM
the fx400 and the speed were essentially the same

jesshamner
09-19-2004, 02:33 AM
Ok, heres the difference...

FX400: First year for Cdale; tested the market; higher comp piston; mc500 computer (meaning you couldn't change maps, just certain settings)

Cannibal: ($7,000 - $8,000 Base model; hydro clutch on 03's and some 02's, some had holeshots, some had ohlins non rezzie shocks, some had arvins with fox podium series rear, had the mc1000 for map changes; had the mellow map; came with the square (toaster) pipe.

Speed: ($8,000)A step up from the Cannibal; ohlins non rezzies, holeshots, tag bars, the fastest top speed map with higher rev limit; hydro clutch otherwise the same as the cannibal

Blaze: ($10,000) Woods racer; blaze ohlins w/ rezzies; hydro clutch; nerfs; number plates; tab bars; fmf ti exhaust; rear beadlocks, front rolled edge wheels (I think), map was tame bottom end with crazy top end (basically the same as the moto map), pingle kill switch

Moto ($12,000) MX machine; moto LT shocks and arms, wider axle, different gearing, 20" front holeshots, 18" rear holeshots, tag bars, number plates, nerfs, pingle kill switch; beadlock fronts; rolled edge fronts (I think); map was very touchy with crazy excelleration, fmf ti exhaust

Glamis (not sure on the price) Dunes/Desert; paddle rears, mohawk fronts, tag bars, glamis ohlins (same as speed but valved softer), might have came with a whip; rarest

I might be somewhat off but thats basically it. Any one of them could be the fastest based on the map. All the motors were the same with the exception of the FX400. The MC1000 is fully programmable. The MC500 could only adjust certain settings but had the higher comp piston. The early 02's had a better case also. The later cases were ssm cases and were weaker than the 02 cases but were still good. The only thing else I have to say is that you should ride one. Then you'll know what the cannondale/atk is all about. Sorry about the lenght :blah:

cannibalq8
09-19-2004, 04:57 AM
Any cdale will KILL those yfz's

iceracer65
09-19-2004, 10:20 AM
I had the chance to test ride the glamis cdale in glamis as a prototype... I was very impressed with the all around power and handling.considering how much power the sand soaks up, and having a 450r my self... I would have to say the glamis addition cdale is the fastest. This was the fastest, quietest machine I've ever ridden. You can see the report we did on it in atvconnection.com in the dune zone...that's me jumping it.

CannondaleRider
09-19-2004, 03:43 PM
I've heard the Dales are SLIGHTLY faster than YFZ's, and they kill 450R's
:D

WOracing
09-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I've heard the Dales are SLIGHTLY faster than YFZ's, and they kill 450R's
:D

you need to be more specific...how do thye kill 450rs...when a 450r has better topend stcok for stock, im assuming that your talking about drag racing but...be more specific

YamaWarr0121
09-19-2004, 06:29 PM
I think mine is faster than mostly everyone else's..might be a few out there.. 14:1 compression, re angled injectors, every update, atk crank, oiling updates.. its all there

it moves like hellllll

but i love teh way my yfz handles so i ride that more:rolleyes:

cdalejef
09-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
you need to be more specific...how do thye kill 450rs...when a 450r has better topend stcok for stock, im assuming that your talking about drag racing but...be more specific Any of the stock ATK/Cannondales have more power from bottom to top than a stock 450R.

Very good descriptions Jess! ;)

jesshamner
09-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Any of the stock ATK/Cannondales have more power from bottom to top than a stock 450R.

Very good descriptions Jess! ;)

Thanks Jeff. I'm surprised anyone read all that. lol :eek2:

FourFiftyFour
09-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Thanks Jeff. I'm surprised anyone read all that. lol :eek2:

lol i read it! seemed about right to me....should i feel proud b/c i was one of the people to talk you into buying a cannondale? :blah: ;)

jesshamner
09-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
lol i read it! seemed about right to me....should i feel proud b/c i was one of the people to talk you into buying a cannondale? :blah: ;)

Yeah you should. But you should feel bad about all the bad things you said about your cdale when it wasn't running right. I know...you were mad and said some things you shouldn't have. Your cdale forgives you.:p

FourFiftyFour
09-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Yeah you should. But you should feel bad about all the bad things you said about your cdale when it wasn't running right. I know...you were mad and said some things you shouldn't have. Your cdale forgives you.:p

anyone would hate their machine if it only ran 20 times in over a year.....and would be broken down for over 4 months at a time, and when it did get fixed it never failed to break down on the 2nd ride........ so far shes been a good girl most the time

jesshamner
09-19-2004, 10:26 PM
I know it looked bad there for a while but tell everyone how you feel about her now!:macho

FourFiftyFour
09-19-2004, 10:35 PM
I know it looked bad there for a while but tell everyone how you feel about her now!:macho

i love her to death now bc she saved me from getting hurt worse than i did, in my wreck when she landed on me, the seat was what hit me and nothing else.......she was really lookin out for me that time i guess to make up for all the grief shes caused me in the past :blah: she still gave me a 400 lb *** whoopin tho!

besides the occassional throttle getting stuck (about 1/4 throttle) shes been running fine

allmixedup047
09-20-2004, 03:02 AM
you need to be more specific...how do thye kill 450rs...when a 450r has better topend stcok for stock, im assuming that your talking about drag racing but...be more specific

thank you, someone had to say it. dirtwheels is no the bible. put the magazine down and step away from the shootouts. i can walk away from a yfz in top speed by about 2mph. i raced a cdale blaze at the drag strip and beat him by 2-3 tenths of a second every time. i was completely stock. i think i would get him off the line because we where on a street strip and its hard to not just pop up in the air right off the line and i think he was having trouble with that, but he never was pulling on me, he stayed rite at my back tire. and it was loud and annoying! just like all cdales ive seen:blah: , j/k you cdale freaks.

mxdave28
09-20-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
The fastest Cannondale IMO hails from Erie, PA. Bored and stroked to a full 465cc's. It'll darn there snap a chain on holeshot launch.....:eek2:

Who's quad might this be??

Rootar
09-20-2004, 08:06 AM
can you still get a cdale new :confused:

cdalejef
09-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
can you still get a cdale new :confused: Yes www.atkusa.com

jesshamner
09-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
thank you, someone had to say it. dirtwheels is no the bible. put the magazine down and step away from the shootouts. i can walk away from a yfz in top speed by about 2mph. i raced a cdale blaze at the drag strip and beat him by 2-3 tenths of a second every time. i was completely stock. i think i would get him off the line because we where on a street strip and its hard to not just pop up in the air right off the line and i think he was having trouble with that, but he never was pulling on me, he stayed rite at my back tire. and it was loud and annoying! just like all cdales ive seen:blah: , j/k you cdale freaks.

I don't want to start a flame or anything but I'm just curious. How good was the rider? A Cdale's weight is balanced very well to help keep the wheels on the ground. Its a very stable machine. They have plenty of torque to pull the front end up though. Just like any other machine...you have to know how its going to handle in these situations. Could have been the rider.

TRX45OR
09-20-2004, 12:22 PM
I WENT RIDING AND DRAG RACED TWO OF THEM LAST WEEKEND AT WYNOKA OK. AS FAR AS HANDLING STOCK NIGHT AND DAY, THEY HAD LONG TRAVLE +2 IN FRONT AND +3 IN THE BACK ITS ALL STOCK FOR C-DALES. THEY SAID THE MOTORS WERE STOCK TOO THEY HAD EXHAUSTS 430 CC FUEL INJ. ,WITH A PIPE AND ONE HAD THE SAME PIPE AS ME. THEY SAID THEY HAD ABOUT $12000 IN THE TOTAL IN EACH QUAD, TOTAL IVE SPENT ABOUT 7600 ON MY 450R HRC AND PIPE AND IN THE DRAGS I BEAT ONE OF THEM EVERY TIME THE OTHER GUY KNEW HOW TO DRAG AND BEAT ME AT LEAST ONE BIKE IF NOT A LITTLE MORE EVERY TIME THEY ARE FAST AS HE!! AND LOOKED SWEET BUT IF I SPEND 12000 GRAND I COULD WOOP EM AND THE YFZ'S WITH MOTOR WORK

cdalejef
09-20-2004, 12:32 PM
I wish our 450R with the HRC kit was that fast. It still won't come close to the power of my ATK or Cannondale.

TRX45OR
09-20-2004, 12:39 PM
I ALSO WEIGH 130 LBS THAT HELPS THEY BOTH HAD AT LEAST 50 ON ME

allmixedup047
09-20-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't want to start a flame or anything but I'm just curious. How good was the rider? A Cdale's weight is balanced very well to help keep the wheels on the ground. Its a very stable machine. They have plenty of torque to pull the front end up though. Just like any other machine...you have to know how its going to handle in these situations. Could have been the rider.
i dont know how good the rider was, but the way i see it is a cdale is not an entry level quad so if your going to have one you better be good on it. i had stock gearing on my 450r with the 14t up front, so i didnt pull the front wheels up to easy if i was leaning over the bars. theres always going to be questions about everything. im putting the 14t back on the front with the mods i have now. last year when i raced him i was in highshcool so there was only one in my class, but this year i wont be in highschool i will be in the open class so i will have the chance to race more. who knows, maybe this year i wont even come close to touching one of them, or maybe i beat them all. but i will for sure have pictures. no flame intended.

416mx
09-20-2004, 01:13 PM
I HAVE FRIENDS THAT RACE CDALES, I KNOW JASONS HAS THE NAC'S MAP IN IT . IT'S ONE OF THEIR OLD PRACTICE BIKES.
I'VE SEEN THESE TWO BROTHERS DO THINGS THATDON'T SEEN POSSIABLE ON A QUAD. PRO RIDERS FOR SURE.
ANYONE HERD OF THE ROBBINS BROS. FROM MISSOURI, COLUMBIA AERA.

TRX45OR
09-20-2004, 01:23 PM
THE TWO GUYS I MET WERE FROM SOMEWERE IN MO THEY SAID THEY USED TO DRAG REAL DRAG QUADS BEFORE PLAYING WITH THESE

jesshamner
09-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey,lets take it easy on the Caps Lock button. No sense in yelling. :)

Sounds like those guys bought a couple of Motos. I agree about them having 12g's in a quad and the 450r sticking with them. Try it on a mx track with your stock 450r. I'd say if you wanted to drag race one, drag race a glamis or speed. They have the maps with the highest top speed. I'm not sure how the low end is. Maybe try to find one with a moto/speed hybrid map. Thats stock for stock anyway. I have only rode a couple 450rs. A guy I know has one and I think he got the slowest 450r ever made. He got beat 4 out of 5 times by his brother's stock 400ex. Then his brother put a supertrapp on his 400ex and is killing the 450r. I'm not saying all 450rs are like this. I have rode one other and it was a lot faster.

TRX45OR
09-20-2004, 02:59 PM
HA HA HA HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO RIDE THEN IVE NEVER EVEN HAD A CLOSE RACE WITH A 400 THATS A JOKE 400S DON'T EVEN LINE UP I SAW ONE ALL WEEKEND AND A 440 THEY BOTH HAD NO CHANCH CAN YOU SAY EATING SAND

allmixedup047
09-20-2004, 07:34 PM
A guy I know has one and I think he got the slowest 450r ever made. He got beat 4 out of 5 times by his brother's stock 400ex.

wow, id be pissed if i was him. im glad i didnt get that one. maybe hes using deisel fuel. my uncles 400 is a 416 with web cam, trinity porting, and a JE 12:1 piston in it and sparks x6 exhuast. he can hang with my stock R. but he cant beat me. he can show me a thing or two in the trails though at the dunes. and we we drag race its at the dunes. not on street. his dyno'd at 40.5hp and mine dyno'd at 40.6. thats about as close as you can get. he will kill me in top speed with his hitting 82mph.

Ralph
09-20-2004, 08:13 PM
wow, id be pissed if i was him. im glad i didnt get that one. maybe hes using deisel fuel. my uncles 400 is a 416 with web cam, trinity porting, and a JE 12:1 piston in it and sparks x6 exhuast. he can hang with my stock R. but he cant beat me. he can show me a thing or two in the trails though at the dunes. and we we drag race its at the dunes. not on street. his dyno'd at 40.5hp and mine dyno'd at 40.6. thats about as close as you can get. he will kill me in top speed with his hitting 82mph.

maybe ur buddy with the slow r just sucks...

allmixedup047
09-20-2004, 08:29 PM
maybe ur buddy with the slow r just sucks...

yeah, what he said.

jesshamner
09-20-2004, 09:03 PM
I know that the guy around me with the slow 450r sucks....so he switched with a better rider. They raced the stock 400ex and the stock 450r again....still got beat. So the switched quads (both guys that could ride) and the 450r lost again. This is the slowest 450r I have ever seen. I know that the 450rs are pretty quick. He just got jipped. But back to the original topic....I'm pretty sure the stock cannondale will be a stock 450r (stock for stock). And the cannondale does it with 432cc's and 25 more lbs.

CannondaleRider
09-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
Who's quad might this be??

Thats not really an amazing thing anymore, which is crazy.

Stock 432 piston with Falicon crank, makes it a 449

450 kit with Falicon crank, makes it a 469(what mine will be)

460 kit with Falicon crank makes it a 479 :eek2:

Dales were fast stock, at 432, let alone 480

Plus all the other things, Reangled injectors, FDO head, Pipes, etc. :eek2:

allmixedup047
09-20-2004, 09:58 PM
And the cannondale does it with 432cc's and 25 more lbs.

and atleast $2,000 more,:blah:

oldsandman
09-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Dale's are fast when they run...mine rarely did. I don't regret changing over to the honda. I haven't figured out what to do with the dale if I ever get my motor back. The motor might make a good paper weight or anchor.

jesshamner
09-20-2004, 11:50 PM
I bought my new cannibal for $3500. Haydug Cycles sold 6 new ATK 450's (true 450's) for $4200. ATK's msrp is $7995 but I know where you can get an ATK450 (449 cc's) for $5200. How much did you pay for that R?

allmixedup047
09-21-2004, 12:01 AM
the point was befor cdale went under. i could of bought a cdale for 3000grand befor i got my r but i heard they were not reliable and no one around here knew anything about them. but r's go for 5500 around here but that was about 4 months ago, so i dont know what they go for now.

armoks
09-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by oldsandman
Dale's are fast when they run...mine rarely did. I don't regret changing over to the honda. I haven't figured out what to do with the dale if I ever get my motor back. The motor might make a good paper weight or anchor.

Who has your motor?

I have two , ones a true dale thats waiting for a falicon(still ran when I took it to haydug still down only because i decided to wait on those falicon cranks) and the other is a Haydug/ATK redo. The ATK runs strong no problems. Hows that frame holding up on your honda? All quads have thier problems when they are raced.

I'm sorry you had problems with your dale but there are mutible fixes for the now defunked company that as a group we figured out and you can make a dale realy reliable if you know where to send it.

heck I might be buying a third this weekend. all you have to do is read on the forums at cannondaleriders or cannondaler and you will find lots of reliability fixes for them.

armoks
09-21-2004, 12:17 AM
the point was befor cdale went under. i could of bought a cdale for 3000grand befor i got my r but i heard they were not reliable and no one around here knew anything about them. but r's go for 5500 around here but that was about 4 months ago, so i dont know what they go for now.

What about RS performance he can't be too far away. Kyle is a guru on the dales and coulda helped you in any situation you had.

and cdale went under long before you're R was out soo how was that an issue?

jesshamner
09-21-2004, 12:20 AM
Like I said....I know where you can get a new ATK 450 for $5200. They have all updates including a balanced crank and new reliability upgrades. I DON'T WANT TO START A WAR HERE. I'm not saying that Honda sucks or the Rs are inferior. I'm just saying that stock for stock I think the cdale/atk is faster. Regardless, all the 450's are close.

Cdale was only in business for a few years and only had production models out from 2001-2003. They had a few different designs through their shortlived lifetime. Of course any first year bike is going to have a few problems. Cannondale built an all new machine from the ground up. They were always testing these new designs to make them better. Some of the bikes and quads had some issues, but there are many that haven't had any. They were way ahead of their time. ATK is helping out with the reliability issue. Falicon has designed and is producing cranks for us. The parts are out there and "bulletproofness" gets closer by the day. Cdale/ATK is looking better all the time. Its not the bike for everybody but you just don't know what its like until you ride one.

allmixedup047
09-21-2004, 12:29 AM
I DON'T WANT TO START A WAR HERE. I'm not saying that Honda sucks or the Rs are inferior. I'm just saying that stock for stock I think the cdale/atk is faster. Regardless, all the 450's are close.

no offense is taken here. its all good.

and after cdale went tits up a dealer about 100miles away was selling them for real cheap just trying to get rid of them. he had 4 left about 2 month befor i bought my r.

this weekend im going to one of two tracks, the drag strip for highschool drags (just for chits and giggles) or an mx track up north for a race. im most likely going to the mx track. there is a guy up there that has a cdale thats an A class rider, he is amazing. he is one of about 5 people up there i have seen clear the 90ft finish line triple. so im hoping to get some seat time on the cdale after we ride. if im lucky. i have sat on one but never ridden one. who knows i might sell the r for one if i like it.

jesshamner
09-21-2004, 12:33 AM
there is a guy up there that has a cdale thats an A class rider, he is amazing. he is one of about 5 people up there i have seen clear the 90ft finish line triple.

Who is the one you speak of?

allmixedup047
09-21-2004, 01:01 AM
dont know his name, just seen him around. this track just has local races, other than twice a year they have the CAATV races that come through here. they hit hamilton missouri and they hit the moberly track. im going to try to hit them both in october. if i can get the time off and fit it into my buget. if hes up there this weekend i will get his name if you really want it.

moto50
09-21-2004, 06:40 AM
If your talking about a Cannondale that has the 250R conversion and has Orange plastic. His name is Jeremy Seek.

oldsandman
09-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by armoks
Who has your motor?

I have two , ones a true dale thats waiting for a falicon(still ran when I took it to haydug still down only because i decided to wait on those falicon cranks) and the other is a Haydug/ATK redo. The ATK runs strong no problems. Hows that frame holding up on your honda? All quads have thier problems when they are raced.

I'm sorry you had problems with your dale but there are mutible fixes for the now defunked company that as a group we figured out and you can make a dale realy reliable if you know where to send it.

heck I might be buying a third this weekend. all you have to do is read on the forums at cannondaleriders or cannondaler and you will find lots of reliability fixes for them.

I have been on both cannondale forums since buying the dale...My motor has been with a "known" builder since last october and before that it spent 4 months with another "known" builder look on the dale forums and you can probably figure out who...the point is they have a lot of problems...great, as a group a lot of issues have been addressed...my point was I want a quad that will run when I have the time to ride it. The honda does that and guess what the way it is set-up now their is no trade off in perfomance. My frame is doing fine thank you and the honda starts and runs everytime.

cdalejef
09-21-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm the exact opposite, I've had 3 Dales and not one of them has had a major problem. Last weekend I even race my first Dale I ever owned (02 Blaze). It has 3 hard seasons of racing on it and has never even needed a valve adjustment.
On the other hand I have 4 friends that have 450Rs and 2 of them have had serious problems. There is no quad out there that is bulletproof. I have seen problems with every make and model ever built.

oldsandman
09-21-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm the exact opposite, I've had 3 Dales and not one of them has had a major problem. Last weekend I even race my first Dale I ever owned (02 Blaze). It has 3 hard seasons of racing on it and has never even needed a valve adjustment.
On the other hand I have 4 friends that have 450Rs and 2 of them have had serious problems. There is no quad out there that is bulletproof. I have seen problems with every make and model ever built.

I'm glad you have had a good experience with your dale's . I wish mine was similar unfourtunatly it hasn't been. You're right all quads or anything for that matter have their faults. I just don't think at this time the dale is a viable option anymore. I'm not trying to flame the dale or any of their owners...I'm still one after all. I just posted my first hand experience with both quads.

XANDADA
09-21-2004, 11:50 AM
oldsandman, just curious...how do you decide which quad your gonna ride next?! Seriously, which is your fav. and why? Dale/450R/330R/CBR....

oldsandman
09-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA
oldsandman, just curious...how do you decide which quad your gonna ride next?! Seriously, which is your fav. and why? Dale/450R/330R/CBR....

LOL! That can be a tough choice sometimes...The old R is a sentimental favorite it was the second quad I ever bought brand new in '86 and it's tough to beat the 2 stroke sound, smell and holy%#$@ here's the powerband hit! The 900 is mainly ridden at sand mtn hill shooting when i need to escalate because some pesky quad is beating the old r. The dale is minus an engine but when it ran i really liked it. Really it depends on what we are doing for all around riding the new r is what I usually ride. It is just so easy to ride...very flexable and rarely feels out of it's element. The way it is set-up now it just does so much so well that it is getting the most time now.

allmixedup047
09-21-2004, 01:44 PM
If your talking about a Cannondale that has the 250R conversion and has Orange plastic. His name is Jeremy Seek.
that might be him but i dont know. what all is invovled with the 250r conversion?:confused:

jesshamner
09-21-2004, 03:05 PM
The conversion is just some brackets, 250r plastic and a smaller gas tank. Otherwise its just a dale. Just look for the large aluminum sidespars and listen for the rocks grinding in the engine. Also, keep an eye out for the laptop or ipaq being plugged into what looks like a 250r. :p

CannondaleRider
09-21-2004, 06:01 PM
^^^it is kinda odd

*hooks up laptop*

"What the hell are you doing, dude"

"uh, workin on my bike, what else?"

:rolleyes:

jesshamner
09-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
^^^it is kinda odd

*hooks up laptop*

"What the hell are you doing, dude"

"uh, workin on my bike, what else?"

:rolleyes:

Not working on it....just fine tuning.:blah:

Andrew400ex
09-21-2004, 06:51 PM
I had a speed coming from 3 400ex's. difference was night and day - the dale would piss all over it,it was crazy fast,suspension was insane. but i rode it all of like 7 times. thing ended up cracking its case by the motor mount ( i guess thats what happens when u dont get the cheap little update?..i was told it had it and i didnt know what to look for if it did have it) so i sold it...anyway, any one selling a 400ex near jersey?

brian-250
09-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Not working on it....just fine tuning.:blah: awww that things junk and you know it Jess.:devil:

jesshamner
09-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Andrew400ex
I had a speed coming from 3 400ex's. difference was night and day - the dale would piss all over it,it was crazy fast,suspension was insane. but i rode it all of like 7 times. thing ended up cracking its case by the motor mount ( i guess thats what happens when u dont get the cheap little update?..i was told it had it and i didnt know what to look for if it did have it) so i sold it...anyway, any one selling a 400ex near jersey?

Oops. There's another one of those little easy fixes that could save a lot of money. I loved my 400ex too. The best thing about hondas is that you can just go out and ride, wash it, put it up, and go and ride again.

jesshamner
09-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
awww that things junk and you know it Jess.:devil:

At least I can keep my piece of junk on all for wheels :macho

brian-250
09-21-2004, 07:01 PM
At least I can keep my piece of junk on all for wheels :macho

well, your junk wont run long enough to get in the air.:o

jesshamner
09-21-2004, 07:20 PM
My cdale hasn't had any problems running. Its just that I break stuff b/c I race or ride b/c I ride hard.:devil:

remlapr
09-21-2004, 07:31 PM

What problems have they had Jeff? You've got me worried now :confused:

lil400exdude
09-21-2004, 07:36 PM
my dads might soon to be the fastest!

4punksdad
09-21-2004, 08:02 PM
I own both a cannibal and a 450R. I can tell you the c-dale feels much faster in bone stock condition BUT.........the reality is, its not that much quicker. Anyone who attended the c-dale ride at Jaybr's place in richmond watched my bone stock honda 450R shame many modified c-dales while my c-dale sat in the shade next to my trailer. I love to ride them both, and they are NOT for sale. In the end, haydug's heavily modified yamaha 450 smoked everyone. And we all had a blast.

jesshamner
09-21-2004, 09:35 PM
^^^The man speaks the truth. I saw it with my own eyes.

cdalejef
09-22-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
What problems have they had Jeff? You've got me worried now :confused: The only problems I've had are a couple bad fuel pumps. I fixed that now with a much better MSD pump. Its even half the price of the stocker. Other than that there haven't been any problems.

09-22-2004, 07:57 AM
The only problems I've had are a couple bad fuel pumps. are you talking about the trx450r???? :confused: :confused:

cdalejef
09-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
are you talking about the trx450r???? :confused: :confused: No, 450R's don't have fuel pumps.

Jaybr
09-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I own both a cannibal and a 450R. I can tell you the c-dale feels much faster in bone stock condition BUT.........the reality is, its not that much quicker. Anyone who attended the c-dale ride at Jaybr's place in richmond watched my bone stock honda 450R shame many modified c-dales while my c-dale sat in the shade next to my trailer. I love to ride them both, and they are NOT for sale. In the end, haydug's heavily modified yamaha 450 smoked everyone. And we all had a blast.

Haydug only won it because I was still assembling mine:huh

Now it's getting rebuilt again with some more go fast goodies for the 12 hour next month.