PDA

View Full Version : george pataki has got to go

southbeach14
07-30-2004, 09:09 AM
the great gov. of new york state banned smoking and now he voted against rasing the minimum wage, that is only 5.15 an hour.

what a crook, hes just looking out for his rich buddies that helped him get in office.

Syrus
07-30-2004, 09:20 AM
Smoking should be banned, like it is in Canada, just banned in public places tho. Min. wage should be a lil higher, but then again its only $7.15 in Canada :/

southbeach14
07-30-2004, 09:33 AM
also atv riders in new york pay all kinds of fees that were intended to go to riding parks, and it doesn't, it goes right to the money pit called new york city.

07-30-2004, 09:33 AM
i thought the smoking thing was already in affect in NYC or at least parts of it.
I know they are trying to pass NO SMOKING IN PUBLIC PLACES in columbus OH.

southbeach14
07-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
i thought the smoking thing was already in affect in NYC or at least parts of it.
I know they are trying to pass NO SMOKING IN PUBLIC PLACES in columbus OH.

the whole state has a smoking ban. i don't smoke and don't like it but i have friends that do, just don't blow it in my face.

Tantal
07-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Nothing should be banned. Banning anything is just ridiculous.

I'm sick of politicians deciding what's best for me.

:mad:

southbeach14
07-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Tantal

thats what i like to hear. they banned my ripped fuel too!!!!!:mad:

stiffy
07-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Do any of you guys listen to Bob and Tom? they had a comedien talking about that same thing. He was talking as the guy who doesn't like smoking " excuse me sir I'm trying to get drunk in a bar so I can drive home and have unprotected sex with this lady I just met and this guys blowing smoke in my face" I thought that was pretty funny. He said if you don't like smoking in some places don't go there he said " I don't like Bed Bath and Beyond and I don't like what goes on in there in fact I don't care if you smoke in there cause I don't go in there" I may have said it wrong but you get the idea.

southbeach14
07-30-2004, 11:17 AM
once they start banning stuff and getting a way with it they will keep banning stuff. remember that.

Brad
07-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Tantal

maybe him and his friends dont smoke, but some people do, honestly smoking doesnt bother me,

i grew up to 2 parents smoking and since then theyve both quit but the smell still doesnt bother me

but politicians should really find a way to get the people that really care about these issues on conflicting sides and find out what makes them think differently and determine w/o a former opinion what to do about it.

NOT JUST DECIDE

SRH
07-30-2004, 04:47 PM
if you guys didnt notice ny sucks, why do they keep banning stuff...its people rigth to do what they want, i dont smoke and i think its dumb but who are they to tell others they cant...ridiculous

400ex28
07-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by SRH
if you guys didnt notice ny sucks, why do they keep banning stuff...its people rigth to do what they want, i dont smoke and i think its dumb but who are they to tell others they cant...ridiculous

its ture...