I heard there are sand dunes in NJ.
me and my friends are lookng for them
where are they!?

Detailed Directions Please
also do the cops bust balls??

thanks guys

Inferno440ex
04-03-2002, 08:00 AM
Yes there are great dunes out here in Ocean County like Gliddens, Stavolas, Claytons but unless you know someone locally to park your trucks don't bother coming. The cops like to ticket trucks with trailers. I just ride from my house or a friends house to the spots. The cops usually come out there with 4x4 Jeeps but they're no problem to get away from. Go up one of the hills or hit the trails, its only when people stop is when they give tickets. I dont like to give directions over the internet because you never know who could be surfing this site so pm me if you want them.

beerock
04-03-2002, 10:08 AM
this is gliddens :cool: :D

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.asp?S=11&T=1&X=1404&Y=11082&Z=18&W=2

Inferno440ex
04-03-2002, 11:42 AM
How old is that pic Beerock?

Ham Sandwich
04-03-2002, 11:42 AM
Seen guys on other sites get busted out there. I hear that when they catch you, they go to where you are parked and if you parked @ someones house the homeowner gets fined also. Jackson PD are very cranky and very bored. Trust me there may be "fast" quads out there but nothing's faster than a radio.
Food for thought.

Inferno440ex
04-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Yea thats exactly what they do but thankfully I dont use a trailer I have a pickup or I use a van. Once we hit the trails they usually give up. Just park at a friends house on they're yard and don't let them see you come back to your truck and you'll be fine. Whatever you do don't stop for them cause thats when they get you...I've run into some nice cops and they were cool but most of them have real problems. Also do not park your trucks on the side of the road where the cops can stroll by and see you. If the cops are real d!#ks they will wait there for you to come back.

Entomber
04-04-2002, 05:14 PM
Last year I frequented Gliddens all the time. I heard this year that they are now drawing guns on ATVers. What is it with this state. ATVing should be fun. I do see a lot of atvers going out with beer and leaving junk all over the place. Ahhh Gliddens was the bomb... I miss that place already.

DiceMan400
04-06-2002, 02:25 PM
I got the secret parkin spot by Stavolas....... Cops never got to this spot to wait for you because they dont know about this trail....... The trail lets you out right before the small train bridge.... Me and a few buddies cut it ourselves..... If you dont know the trail you will get lost fast....... Oh and the cops crack down hard on the weekends...... Not too much during the week....

Inferno440ex
04-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Are you talking about the train bridge off of Faraday? The one with the rock whoops on the side of the tracks?

Ham Sandwich
04-06-2002, 02:58 PM
he's talking about off of hope chapel road by the golf course, yes the cops do go back around the big arse dirt mound and sniff for your truck, got an 88 dollar gift from them last summer. i seen the wooden bridge you guys layed across the tracks to get over them easier. Jersey Sucks so does those horse owners they dump the horse $ **** on the trail so you gotta ride over it. hmm i wonder why the ******* living there did'nt get a dumping ticket from jackson PD. biased scumbags:mad:

Inferno440ex
04-06-2002, 03:22 PM
The best way to ride there is to ride your quad through Claytons, Stavolas, and Gliddens that way your truck is far away from where you are. It takes about 10-15 min flying through the trails to get there...The only bad part about it is the railroad track and riding down the middle of them.

PsychoDave
04-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Stavolas....are you talking in jamesburg? there are a lot of trails in this area....most people are cool but if you provoke the cops they will get you.....gliddens was great about 10 years ago....no problems, ride every weekend without 1 problem...then people from NY came (and NJ jerks)and caused trouble so that is why there is a crack down. where i ride there is a lot of state land and we have maps!!! so when ever we get stopped or bothered
we just wip out a map and show where we are and that we are trying to stay on state unposted land....onec the cops see the map they NEVER bust us. besides we ride with a couple of cops and lawyers....

Entomber
04-06-2002, 05:50 PM
Pshcyodave.. I'd like to hook up with you guys.. and ride. Think a DS650 is too big? I'm getting a 703 kit for it and I would hate to just ride it in trails (that's why I got my 400 EX). My buddy who rides dirt bikes also bought the same 400 as me. Let us know.. I'm always looking for new cool people to ride with.

NJ300ex
04-07-2002, 10:36 AM
hey dave, how are you riding on state land?

PsychoDave
04-08-2002, 11:42 AM
i live in middlesex.....
as for state land i guess i just trespass....we just noticed that they started posting all the state land by us!!!! whoopsie!
we ride on a farm and there is state land behind the farm so we ride it.....the good thing about it is that the only road to the state land is through the farm.....so if they need to access the land they need permission to enter through the farm....in turn we get to ride on the state land!!!

400exRacerX
04-08-2002, 07:58 PM
Heres a pic of the local sand pit by me, its a parcial pic.

400exRacerX
04-08-2002, 07:59 PM
Heres another pic of a different area in the same sand pit,

400exRacerX
04-08-2002, 07:59 PM
And heres the biggest double there, (if you can make it out)

mrusk
04-08-2002, 08:06 PM
400exRacerX- DOOD we gotta go riding! We got nothing like that in Wantage. When i get my R together i will PM you!

matt

400exRacerX
04-08-2002, 08:10 PM
Yeah bro I'm always up for a good ride, I got alot more pics,

mrusk
04-08-2002, 08:18 PM
This sand pit looks really sweet! Where is it located?

I am only waiting for my shocks, aarms, stem, and some bushings and bearings to come in, once i get them i will have the quad ready to go riding! Cant F'n wait!

matt

400exRacerX
04-08-2002, 08:30 PM
Its located in Oak Ridge, NJ, Morris county.

04-08-2002, 08:34 PM
everybody is forgetting sarcos,thats a decent set of dunes/trails,and stafford,all these places have the heat turned up big time,but that is everywhere basically they hate quads/dirt bikes etc......nj sucks

04-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Ah, At last NJ had pits and trials there nothing like that in Connecticut expect maybe a small jump and some hill climbs bit that it. Well Im lookin go out of state to ride my 300ex and I was wounderin if there any place where I could maybe quad and camp out or get a hotal near it. anyone know any place in NY,NJ anywhere near CT and those places

Entomber
04-13-2002, 02:48 PM
400exRacerX.

Do the police bother ya there? I'm itching to find some new places to ride in NJ and that spot looks intresting. how big is it? Lot of trails? Would a DS be comfortable there. E-mail me, I'd like to hook up. Me and my bud just bought some used 400 EXs (to tie me over till I get my DS back as a 703, and to ride trails in which the DS is horrible at).

PsychoDave
04-13-2002, 04:28 PM
NORM HERE IS A PIC OF OUR PRIVATE TRACK!!!! SORRY ABOUT THE CRAPPY BIKE IN THE PIC BUT IT IS THE ONLY PIC OF MOST OF THE TRACK....WE ARE RE-DOING THE TRACK THIS MONTH TO INCLUDE SOME FATTTTTT JUMPS

xfox250x
04-13-2002, 04:34 PM
yo physco dave where is that r u the one that lives in monroe

PsychoDave
04-13-2002, 07:27 PM
IT IS IN SOUTH BRUNSWICK....ON A FARM.

Entomber
04-14-2002, 07:31 AM
Can ya invite me!? Lol... I'm so fed up with the few places to ride I'm tempted to sell all my stuff and get a street bike (again)....

04-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Psycho, LOL I live in CT and i want to come to, will u let me?
I got a 300ex and my bros got a 400ex, Is there alot of place like that in South Brunwhick.

400exRacerX
04-14-2002, 04:49 PM
LOL,,,Dave you should have never posted that pic! Wells anyways we need to get together sometime,,,you should head up to raush creek with us this sunday,,, that is if you get your 416 up and running:eek: let me know via private mail.

Norm

Entomber
04-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Just came back from Raceway Park.. it sucks!!! Someone got hurt on the motorcross track (twice) Ambulance had to take him and while it's gone ya have to wait for it's return. We waited 2hrs....There has got to be more than Chattsworth and Raceway Park.