PDA

View Full Version : exhaust too loud

redhondi400
07-29-2004, 08:16 PM
here's the deal my 400ex piped and jet with an e-series pipe. With this setup I run neck and neck with the Z's I ride with, and surpisingly only a couple bikes behind a 450R. The problem my bike is too loud and the older riders complain about it, and they say if I want to ride I have to quiet it up. Does the queit core snag horse power? If it does will a advanced timing key justify what I lose?

nakomis0
07-29-2004, 08:57 PM
The quiet core will probably take some power.. But just about anything you do could take away some power.... Then again its also possible you will gain more low and mid range power.

If the pipes more than a yr old re packing will quiet it up a bit.

If the e-series has disks you could run less disks.

You may need to re jet. But the guys you ride with are right, sometimes its just to loud.

The degree key will pick you up some power in the low end.

Removing the air box lid will also help all around.

400ex28
07-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by nakomis0
The quiet core will probably take some power.. But just about anything you do could take away some power.... Then again its also possible you will gain more low and mid range power.

If the pipes more than a yr old re packing will quiet it up a bit.

If the e-series has disks you could run less disks.

You may need to re jet. But the guys you ride with are right, sometimes its just to loud.

The degree key will pick you up some power in the low end.

Removing the air box lid will also help all around.

red2004 TRX450R
07-30-2004, 10:25 AM
HA take the pipe off and see if they like that. then put it back on and it will be quite!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

hondarider2006
07-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
HA take the pipe off and see if they like that. then put it back on and it will be quite!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

:huh

The e-series is one of the quieter pipes out there....If you have your spark arrestor in, take some disks out(You have to leave at least 4 in) and it will quiet it down somewhat. You will have to re-jet, or take your air-box lid off and that should make up for it. Any quiet core will make you loose some power....seeing as how the pipe doesn't flow as good. Take some disks out first and see what happens;)

muddy400EX
07-30-2004, 05:08 PM
well i have an e-series and it is not overly loud. there is pipes that are way louder than the e-series. either you need new packing or these guys you ride with are just wussies.

400ex men
07-30-2004, 05:51 PM
get a Curtis Sparks and you see what loud is!!!!!!!!

TM426
07-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Take all the disks out and the block off plate at the end. It makes a big difference. But that will really piss them off.:devil: :macho