PDA

View Full Version : Iowa ATV Hare Scramble Series - Aug 29th

wolvee
07-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Just letting you know the race on August 29th will be in Leon, Iowa. We are going down to the land tonight. I will post directions and specifics with in the next couple days.

www.iowaatvharescrambleseries.com

Prairiewrench
07-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Great!!!!!! Let us know about how many miles you are gonna twist us around this time! LOL!!!:D

burrows
07-29-2004, 10:15 PM
That is great. So close to home. We can leave the morning of the race. Maybe. Sure would hate to miss out on a good parking space and chatting with you all the night before though. Let us know if there will be pitting on the line like at Waukon. That was great. We didn't have to haul so much on the gator. That is a job. When ya have 9or 10 to pit for makes it alot easier to pit right on the track. Keep us informed. Pam (Momma B)

quadnice
07-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Andy -YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!:macho

dripy
07-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Prairiewrench what are you srying about your ONLY A MECHANIC

:D LOl. Why would you need to know.

400exmom
07-30-2004, 06:42 AM
is it too early for me to get excited bout the race???

ILGNCC400EX
07-30-2004, 08:23 AM
do us ILL. racers proud Kimmey the whole gang will be rooten for ya.we all gotta make a trip up there soon.let us know if they have one on a sat if they do we there dudet.your bud danno and the gang

wolvee
07-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Directions: Take exit #12 (Hwy 2/Decatur City/Leon exit) off of I35. Go east to flashing yellow light. Turn right at flashing light, you will go about 1 ½ miles, turn left on 194th Ave - watch for signs.

Special thanks to the Watson family for offering their land for one of our races!!! There will also be concessions.

Saturday night August 28th - everyone is welcome to go to Family Table Restaurant in Osceola for a good home cooked meal. The Champions from the Waukon race were each given a gift certificate there. Let's plan on being there about 5:00. Sorry, gang there is not a go-kart track close by! : ( Take the Osceola/Hwy 34 exit.

REMINDER*****
Rule #6 All ATVs must be equipped with a functional tether type mechanical kill device attached to vehicle and rider so that the engine ignition is cut off at any time when the rider becomes separated from the ATV.

Rule # 16 - Current 2004 ATVA/AMA rules established for hare scramble competition shall apply – “All participants must wear a protective helmet, eye protection, gloves, a long-sleeve shirt, protective pants and boots that are at least eight inches high”

Clothing & Tether type mechanical kill device WILL be inspected at Leon, Ft Dodge & Waukon. Take notice now, note both rules above

Prairiewrench
07-31-2004, 12:41 AM
Watch it Dripy,,, remember,, I still have your Prairie sitting here!
Besides, I like to know so I can determine how long it will take Andy to tow you in after you hit a jumping tree! LOL!!! Now that's funny!!!!! :blah:

montycarlo
07-31-2004, 06:28 AM
Wonderfully awesome sounds good to me! :D

Question........ "Protective pants"
What about a pair of Levis or are you forcing me to buy one of them slick racing suits? If so what color makes my Warrior faster?

Originally posted by wolvee

Rule # 16 - Current 2004 ATVA/AMA rules established for hare scramble competition shall apply – “All participants must wear a protective helmet, eye protection, gloves, a long-sleeve shirt, protective pants and boots that are at least eight inches high”

wolvee
08-02-2004, 08:00 PM
The ground we are working with is a little smaller than normal. So, the track will be shorter than normal. It will be a challenging course with a little bit of everything. A lot less rocks than Waukon : ) Bare with us - thanks to the Watson Family for helping us in a pinch, we are having round 5 of our series. There is a lot of work that is going to be done to turn this into a race track. Have confindence you will like what you see. This track is also one that is a good one for spectators - spectators will be able to see quite a bit of the track. This track is going to be very accessible with a nice area to camp right next to a pond. It is looking like it will be between 5-6 miles. The pits will be very nice and you will be able to park on each of the pits - the pits will go right down between the trailers. First come - First serve. Every track is unique.

burrows
08-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Sounds great. Monica bring alot of cameras and film. this sounds like your kind of track to get us some great pics. Michael got his stitiches out yesterday and Dr. said he wanted him to wait for 2 months before he raced but he knew that was not going to happen so he is to use his own judgement. But everyone that knows michael knows he will be there. And this time not to watch. He is working on building the muscles up so they will be better than before. Ha. I am a nervous wreck. See Ican't even spell. Thanks to the Watson family for letting us have a place to race. We really appreciate it. Good luck everyone and will see ya soon. momma b

Johnny & Monica
08-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Alrigth good to see mike back in action:D Tell him to be careful an not to make it worse aint nothing wrong with stopping or slowing down after a couple laps . Everyone knows his condition an won`t think none the less of him.He`s a great rider that smiles no matter what.Monica is down to one camera because of the wet luggage on the stromy way home from bluff creek:mad: I need to e-bay her a new camera with a large memory card.We cant wait the kids aint rode since the last race need to take them out this week.

Andy are we going to get teched for the next race checking kill switches an boots an shirts ect.?Alot of people my make a long haul not knowing just to get rejected.Should I bring 10 new kill switches for those who may need to buy one?I have faith that you`ll give us a sweet track for what little you got to work with.Once again you an Tracy are doing a great job for the first year.An things seem to be getting smoother for you awesome give ways hat`s off to Andy an his wife.

dirtriderex
08-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Is a stock 450r kill switch ok. Or do I have to buy another kill switch. How many people show up to race in b class normally?

98red
08-05-2004, 08:40 PM
you will need a tether cord.