PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Oil Cooler - 400ex

k2-dawg
07-29-2004, 09:08 AM
I'm considering an aftermarket oil cooler for a 400ex. Anybody have any suggestions as to brand, quality, price and is it necessary to go aftermarket or stay stock?

ReconRider25
07-29-2004, 09:20 AM
dont need one really unless u bored out to a larger piston like a 440 or constantly overheating. but i would look into airscoops too they work quite well at keeping things cool

REAPER
07-29-2004, 09:55 AM
I purchased a U.M. oil tank right after I installed my 440 kit and one of the good selling points was that it comes with a 2500 degree F heat sheild to keep the oil from heating up from the header being so close. It also holds 1.3 quarts more than stock. I havent actually measured how much cooler it's running but for almost $200 I hope It's doing something for me. Installation was kind of a pain because you have to take your headers off, and once you get it connected it is awfully tight in there. Plus it looks good.:cool:

Reaper

PHIL_B54
07-29-2004, 12:12 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=649210&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

asking this...your looking for a flame war

i have one i got off ebay. if i had the chance im not sure i would do it again, im not sure it is worth the expense for the average trail rider.

btw...i didnt really save that much $, compaired to buying a FST one.