PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable extension

mobyplane
07-29-2004, 07:47 AM
I have recently installed a RoxSpeed 2" Handlebar riser on my 2000 400EX. My problem is that my clutch cable is being pushed (or should I say stretched) to it's limits due to the 2" rise. I've tried re-routing the cable behind the handlebars instead of in front of the handlebars and that has bought me a little length. My brake lines were also close, but I had already planned to upgrade my brake lines to steel braided lines, so I just ordered them +2 in size to allow for the extra length. It looks like the clutch cable might be ok with this current configuration, but I can't help wondering what others are doing whenever they decide to extend their steering stems or intall these types of risers. I race cross country and 2 hours is a big window of opportunity for a mechanical problem. Therefore, any input my fellow racers and ATV enthusiasts can provide concerning this issue will be welcome. Thanks!

Freestylemxr
07-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Motion pro makes extended cables, good quality too ;)

mobyplane
08-04-2004, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the tip. Contacted Motion Pro and they made me a custom clutch cable 2" longer than stock. I appreciate your help.