PDA

View Full Version : whats a good rev limiter

OutlawEX
04-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Im in the market to buy a rev limitier,so i was ondering whats a good rev kit..I heard something about a XR cdi is like the after makret one..Well let me know

VegasEx'r
04-02-2002, 10:06 PM
I don't think there is one out there that is worth paying for, unless you have a heavily modified motor. I have the WB box, and I only use it when I am at the dunes.

nakomis0
04-02-2002, 10:10 PM
I agree with Vegas. Might wanna look into modifying the stock rev limiter. Cause these after market ones are a pain in the butt to start in the winter, due to them needing to crank over faster to fire the plug.

OutlawEX
04-02-2002, 10:11 PM
i have over 2k into my quad...How the **** can u modify ur stock CDI

04-03-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
i have over 2k into my quad...How the **** can u modify ur stock CDI

You can't modify it but engine builders can,,,,my suggestion is keep the stocker in there,,your not gonna gain anything with an aftermarket CDI..I didn;'t so I sold mine...

nakomis0
04-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Rico , you didn't notice any gain with your aftermarket rev limiter?

I had to ride with my stock one all this winter. And I could constantly tell I had less rpms.

The few times I really got on the throttle, I hit the limiters max very quickly, to quickly. Its like I know its about time to shift, but its still pulling, and give me another second and Ill shift, but its to late, .. I hit the rev limiter.

Possibly I'm just very use shifting with the WB rev limiter.

I know when drag racing at the dunes, sometimes you hit some rough terrain, and aren't table to shift at the best moment, and its nice not to hit that limit and have your bike sputter.

But, anyways I notice the difference, just kinda surprised someone else with a modded bike didn't. I know its just a second more rev, but thats a big second.

OutlawEX
04-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Ok i went out today and bought a White Brothers Rev limiter...And I could tell a big difference...My quad had way better throttle response and it seemed to have a lil more bottom end [power...

04-07-2002, 10:19 AM
i agree with outlaw mine seeps to have more zip
and I live in Texas I never have cold starts bwaaahahaha