PDA

View Full Version : Just got threw riding with cam mod

seven
07-28-2004, 08:50 PM
I did the cam mod to my YFZ and WOW! It pulls like a mother threw the higher RPM> well worth the time!

Who knows
07-28-2004, 09:18 PM
How is that dubach exhuast? the cam mod being moving the exhuast cam 1 tooth up right? How long did that take and was it hard to do?

seven
07-29-2004, 08:45 AM
It took about 45 minutes to do the cam mod. Very easy to do. Just be careful of the clip thats hiding under the top cam cover. I almost lost mine in the motor and I knew it was there! The dr d exhaust I really like also. I have another yfz in my garage with a HMF And I like the DR D over that. It puts out a nice even power without the hard hit like the HMF. I have dragged 3 other yfzs and only got beat by one. All 3 were piped and the one that beat me had hotcams installed and it barely beat me. This was before I did the cam mod also.

Woody_YFZ
07-30-2004, 12:05 AM
I also have the Dr. D and have been scared to do the cam mod. Did it rob any low end power?

seven
07-30-2004, 05:46 AM
Maybe just a bit,Not much though. Its almost un noticable. BUt it pulls like a train threw the mid and High. I wasnt sure if I wanted to do it for that reason also. I figured if I didnt like it I could put it back,so I went ahead and did it.

Woody_YFZ
07-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Right on, I may have to give it a try.

Barely legal
07-30-2004, 10:40 AM
The loss of bottom end is just barely noticeable. But, I will tell you that is you mess with your fuel screw you will gain that back and then some. It took some doing but I got more bottom end.