PDA

View Full Version : What should I do with my Tecate 4?

cheetah
07-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Okay before I really start mapping out this project what do you think I should do. I'm debating between two options. Should I deck out everything with trans blue frame and do a 295,310, or 330? Then just replace everything build it up and have a very bad Tecate. Or should I go for a stock restoration. Leave motor components stock and just try it make it look like it's from the dealer. I'm kinda leaning towards decked, but do you think this rare of a bike should be decked or preserved?

Cole Trane
07-28-2004, 08:41 PM
I say go back to original. You already have a nice racer.

diesel-mech
07-29-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm going wild with mine. I really don't think you are wrong either way you go. They are nice no matter what you do to them and if you stay with the T-4 plastic than it will look stock anyway(for the most part) If you are planning on selling it later on then go original but if your keeping it build it to your preferrance.

07-30-2004, 12:00 AM
i say make it a sleeper, go ahead and get aftermarket suspension, but get like no rezzie and put shock covers over them , and work up the motor real good, but make it look as stock as possible, it would be funner that way imo

2004lebanshee
07-30-2004, 09:02 PM
I say restore it. I love those things and there probably the rarest sport quad to find. There so ugly that there sweet looking. I've still never seen one on the trails.
If you wanna build something to go fast just get a banshee and mod it to hell. But a stock TECATE is sweet in it's own way.

One vote for restore

Cody_300ex
07-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by member
i say make it a sleeper, go ahead and get aftermarket suspension, but get like no rezzie and put shock covers over them , and work up the motor real good, but make it look as stock as possible, it would be funner that way imo

ditto! :macho

Sportrax10
07-30-2004, 10:53 PM
I say deck it out, because its even more rare to see a decked out Tecate...;)

cheetah
07-31-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm really lean towards decked out, because I want something that hits so hard it really scares me. I've been thinking about a 330. I do have one question on color. I've racked my brains for weeks on what colors I want. I'm leaving the stock green plastic. The frame will be trans blue. I want to do lower A-arms trans blue, and uppers in silvervein. Now what about the swingarm? I'm also wanting to do calipers. I just think everything trans blue is overkill. I wanted the swinger blue too, but then what would you do calipers? Trying to figure out a good color scheme is killing me.

Bobbs07
07-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
I say deck it out, because its even more rare to see a decked out Tecate...;)

i agree:macho picture a stock tecate pulling up.. cool.. but not too cool...:o picture a modded to hell haulin *** tecate pulling up....;)