PDA

View Full Version : chain lube

badass300ex
07-28-2004, 08:17 PM
I need a chain lube that doesnt go on like white paint, Is there one out there that is clear? and where do I get it?

plkmonster2
07-28-2004, 09:38 PM
My local dealer sells maxima products. One of them is the Maxima CHain Lube, just make sure it say crystal clear on it. It's synthetic too. Some say not to use chain lube, and others suggest it. I don't know what to say. I put a small amount on the chain, and take a rag, and wipe off as much as I can. This way, I know it is lubed, and there isn't all that oil to attract dirt.

P.S. on the can, it says CHAIN GUARD in big letters. ;)

TC426EX
07-28-2004, 10:17 PM
If its an O ring or X ring just use WD40 or Honda chain lube... Whatever you use, dont use that maxima "chain wax"... That stuff gums up the whole rear end and cakes dust all over your swingarm from any overspray. WD40 is fine for the o and x rings since they are sealed chains and you only need to lube the ouside links themselves...

redroost85
07-29-2004, 06:45 AM
One thing I wouldn't get is the Amsoil lube. Now I even get my Amsoil stuff for pretty near free, but the lube is not worth it.

It goes on dark, so the overspray is everywhere that you have to clean up. It is gummy after awhile and the dirt is all over the sprocket hub. Not their best product I'm afraid.:o

madmatt300ex
07-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by plkmonster2
My local dealer sells maxima products. One of them is the Maxima CHain Lube, just make sure it say crystal clear on it. It's synthetic too. Some say not to use chain lube, and others suggest it. I don't know what to say. I put a small amount on the chain, and take a rag, and wipe off as much as I can. This way, I know it is lubed, and there isn't all that oil to attract dirt.

P.S. on the can, it says CHAIN GUARD in big letters. ;)

I use the same stuff. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

madmatt300ex
07-30-2004, 01:26 PM
When I lube my chain, I go over it with a wire brush before I apply the lube. The lube doesn't get quite as gummy when you get all of the crap out from between and off of the links.:D

07-30-2004, 02:25 PM
white lithium grease & sit overnight