PDA

View Full Version : WOW What a price!!!!

Natertot426ex
07-28-2004, 07:56 PM
I just talked to my neighbor a little while ago and he just got a brand new Chevy crewcab short box with the duramax in it. I guess his dad works for a dealer so he got the friends and family discount. The thing was normaly $49,000 and he got it for 30,000. It is fully loaded with everything imagineable.

I can't beleive how expensive these things are getting. They will even finance them up to 10 years:eek2: Now you have to be crazy to finance something that long. I think I need to meet his dad and get to be really close friends with him so that he might adopt me and then I can get a truck like that. Who cares if I am a little old to be adopted. It would be worth it just for the truck. :D

derekhonda
07-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Work out a deal with him.

"Hey, how would you like to have a little extra spending money for christmas coming up?"

him: "Id love it, why"

You: "well, I will get you $3500 in cash if you can get me a truck like your sons (or whomever) for the same price he got..."

atvrider12764
07-28-2004, 09:08 PM
my uncle works for gm who makes chevy so my family gets some percent discount

bulkdriverlp
07-28-2004, 09:09 PM
i wouldnt believe it till i saw the bill of sale, sounds like b.s. my wife is office manager for a ford delaer and i know some inside info, never heard of that good of a deal, theres only. depending on the vehicle, theres not usually much markup on new, which means the dealer doesnt have much leway unless its a program from g.m. 19,000 discount??i dunno;)

nky400
07-28-2004, 09:19 PM
i work at a GM dealer. i get a GMS discount which is a non negotiable price WELL below the sticker AND invoice price. With GMS i can also use the rebates, so i can get a car dirt cheap. too bad they don't pay me enough to buy a new truck from them.

plkmonster2
07-28-2004, 11:23 PM
A lot of new cars can come through auction. If there isn't a high demand for the product, a new truck can go for an extremely low price, compared to MSRP. You never will know what the dealers paid for the car. They have to make a profit to, so you know they paid less than what your going to. My dad is a good friend of Dave, the guy that owns the dealership in Kellog, Idaho, and he was able to get brand new Chevy trucks for over 10 grand less than MSRP through auction.

Honda4trax250x
07-28-2004, 11:37 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

start kissing some azzzz

250rmike
07-29-2004, 09:12 AM
i work for ford and can get excellent deals. i am not sure exactly what the deal is but in know a new 04 mustang gt is lik 26 or 27 and i can get it for 19. on our used cars i get them for 100$ over what the dealership pays for them i can get a 03 f250 crew cab(the full 4 doors) 6.0 powerstroke 4x4 for 27,000 with like 20 or 30k miles. wish i had the money

MY450R
07-29-2004, 11:25 AM
i did sales for chevy for a while and they dont discount that much
invoice is invoice they only go lower for employees
and mark up on that truck is like 3000
but noone pays full sticker anyway
only time you can get lower than invoice is factory rebates
but then the dealer gets the rebates back from gm anyway
so there is noway he got a 19,000 dollar discount,especially on a duramax
how many miles did the truck have miles on it?
was it from an auction?
was it wrecked?
it must have been a new used truck lol
im only saying this becdause i know
not trying to flame

MY450R
07-29-2004, 11:28 AM
also how much did he get for his trade?
fully loaded crew cab duramax retails for 46,000

Tommy 17
07-29-2004, 11:50 AM
my uncle walked out with a 2004 avalanche z71 pretty much loaded... sticker was 41,500 or something... he walked out for 31,000$ with taxes and all the other junk... i see silverados and no they aren't work trucks they are ext 1500s for 23,000 and cheaper around here all the time...

he trades in his car thou every year on a new one so they do give him a good deal but rumor is they are goin to give 10,000$ cash back once again and its actually cheaper for him to buy a new one then it would be to keep this one...

F-16Guy
07-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Invoice means squat. I'm sure you could count on one hand the number of people at a dealership who actually know what was paid for the vehicle to the manufacturer. I'd bet the dealer's profit margin is close to 25-30%. Take this for example (on a smaller scale, but still relavent): I looked up the list price for a heater-a/c dash control for my S-10 from Chevy. The list (retail) price was $114+tax. I called the parts department to make sure they had one. Because I was calling from Luke AFB, the guy thought I worked at the base service station and quoted me "cost plus", which is cost plus a nominal mark-up so the dealer still makes a little. It turned out to be $78+tax. Thats a 32% mark-up not including the profit that the dealer still made. Don't think for a second that they don't do that with cars and trucks. Over the last 10 years, has inflation doubled and trippled the cost of raw materials and labor? Appearantly it has for cars.

bulkdriverlp
07-29-2004, 09:12 PM
listen, why would a new truck be at an auction? the only reason MOST vehicles go to auction is because they sat on the lot too long and they didnt sell. or they were wrecked and have a salvage title and dealer doesnt want to mess with it. or the dealer found out that something major was wrong with it and didnt want to sink the money in it to take a loss when they go to sell it. i dont care how good of friends somebody is you dont discuss the personal business with friends, once somebody opends their mouth the business will have negative look. i believe the story with the avalanche they are one of the most discounted vehicles right now, there a lot of 04"s out there the dealers will have to take a loss if they dont sell. but a popular truck like that i cant see it. unless ur looking over the shoulder of the owner when hes punching the passwords in for security, (only certain people know the actual cost) and you see it, then fine you can believe it and i will too,

untill you see the bill of sale or you see it for your own eyes dont believe it, their in business to make money and they wont make any if public knows that they make from 1000 to 4000 on an average used car or truck sale... its true. im done with this until i see the bill of sale.

MOFO
07-30-2004, 04:35 AM
I dont have time to get into it right now (leaving for work), but keep in mind there are alot more things invovled in what the dealership pays for the car. I used to do computer networks for car dealerships around Pittsburgh...and in most cases, the dealership does not make that much on new cars. Trust me, I've seen their year end and monthly profit reports. However, it all depends on factory bonus's and how long has the dealership had the vehicle..as well as a few other items.

stiffy
07-30-2004, 07:54 AM
My friend just got a 2004 longbed, 4 door, 4x4 Duramax the only thing it has is power windows and door locks. HAHA SUCKER he paid $53k out the door. He came home just a braggin so I had to kick his ***** I mean I smoked him so bad he didn't even come back he left his horse out on the walker and everything he was pissed his car payment is $850 bucks. He may have paid twice as much but in no way is it twice the truck. Or even equal. It does ride nice though.

bulkdriverlp
07-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I dont have time to get into it right now (leaving for work), but keep in mind there are alot more things invovled in what the dealership pays for the car. I used to do computer networks for car dealerships around Pittsburgh...and in most cases, the dealership does not make that much on new cars. Trust me, I've seen their year end and monthly profit reports. However, it all depends on factory bonus's and how long has the dealership had the vehicle..as well as a few other items. ur right mofo, i agree :D