PDA

View Full Version : limited mass / zps

One_Bad_400
07-28-2004, 07:45 PM
what does Limited Mass mean? is it as good as zps

TC426EX
07-28-2004, 10:33 PM
I have the PEP limited mass shocks... It stands for Limited Mechanically active suspension system or something like that. It has to do with the valving... They are basically the same as the ZPS except they are standard Triple rate without the extra "ZPS" spring that sets the ride height. So are they as good as ZPS?? Depends what you like. They are a level under the ZPS on PEP's scale but personally I prefer them to ZPS. I never got used to riding a ZPS setup, and I know it takes some adjustment for jumping and handling, but maybe if I rode it more I would... They have adjustable preload and compression damping and use the same rezzies as the old ZPS did (not the new big bottles...). They are valved to your specs of course and prevent roll in turns and have great anti bottoming resistance. I have mine set up a bit stiff for aggressive MX, but Im sure you could get them set up differently to match your riding style and terrain. They are just another Great shock with awesome performance just like you would get from any PEP, Elka, Axis, etc... except without the ZPS...