PDA

View Full Version : ESR Air box eliminator kit for the 450r

Manny55
07-28-2004, 07:10 PM
This kit require you to get rid of the airbox. Well there is this black tube that goes into the air box and so i wasn't sure what it was for. I saw that it went down into the bottom of the engine, i was thinking it was something to do with letting it breathe or something. So i just zip tide it to some stuff so it wouldn't be dangling. I asked darren what to rejet at and he said just to change the main to a 200. I can't wait to see how this thing does.

jeepeater347
07-28-2004, 08:25 PM
I pretty much did the same with mine but I put on one of them little k&n style breaters on that hose to keep anything from getting in it

REDARMYRACER
07-28-2004, 08:30 PM
yeah yeah knn breather for shisal. they are vent tubes, there is pulsation of airthrew that tube on my freinds yfz. (haven't checked the R yet) so i would put a breather on it.

it only goes into the air box for emissions control(to pass the emisions requuirements) notice how it was up agianst the filter when the bike was stock.

450R_lover
07-28-2004, 08:42 PM
This airbox eliminator kit wouldnt be good for dusty/wet conditions.. like woods riding would it? will it still keep dust out of the engine without the airbox or should you only get the eliminator kit if you race MX?..
Thanks

Manny55
07-29-2004, 07:30 AM
I mostly ride dunes so its pretty much perfect for what i do. I also got a pre filter for my K&N because k&n isn't the best at filtering.

Manny55
07-29-2004, 07:31 AM
so i would put a breather

What is a breather? Where can you get one?

450 Racer R
07-29-2004, 11:45 AM
where can you get this kit from? and does it come with the k&n or does that need to be bought seperate? also how good is the performance gain

oldsandman
07-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
where can you get this kit from? and does it come with the k&n or does that need to be bought seperate? also how good is the performance gain

ESR Eddie Sanders Racing: 559-625-3157
Yes it comes with the filter.

REDARMYRACER
07-29-2004, 08:29 PM
buy an outerwear with the kit from esr

ahhh whatever, the filter is tucked up under the seat anyway.\
jus watch for those big puddles!!!!!!!!!

jeepeater347
07-29-2004, 09:02 PM
I just picked up a breather at Auto Zone they should have them at any Auto Parts like that though

oldsandman
07-31-2004, 11:20 AM
my airbox eliminatorhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/pb9b3287560d5948397df41ff61489dbf/f7a0107b.jpg

Manny55
07-31-2004, 12:21 PM
hey oldsandman do you have a pipe with the esr kit for your honda 450r. I was just wondering what you jetted at.

oldsandman
07-31-2004, 01:06 PM
sparks pipe and fcr carb so I don't think my jetting will help.

Manny55
07-31-2004, 03:01 PM
Nope not with that FCR carb. Can you answer me this though, how is that fcr carb? Was it worth it?

oldsandman
07-31-2004, 06:05 PM
I can't give you #'s as I haven't dyno'ed it yet. As far as seat of the pants it feels like a solid improvement in the low through mid rpm. Is it worth it...I guess it depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. So far I'm happy with it, by the end of next week I'll have a much better anwser for you.

fourtraxmc
07-31-2004, 06:08 PM
OLDSANDMAN, What is your jetting with your FCR , I am installing the ESR airbox eliminator and an FCR would like a base line to start with. If you don't mind

ashley grimes
07-31-2004, 06:09 PM
Crazy

fourtraxmc
07-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Just because you think the ESR kit is no good doesn't mean others don't like it and won't work. Also most guys that run it normally are in the sand or desert and the filter it comes with is way bigger than a stock size filter. TOO EACH THERE OWN

Manny55
07-31-2004, 06:42 PM
by the way did you cut ur black tube or somethign because my black tube goes a lot farther then yours seems to go.

oldsandman
07-31-2004, 06:55 PM
Yep I cut it.

Manny55
07-31-2004, 07:01 PM
Oh thats what i thought.

440ex kid
07-31-2004, 07:34 PM
That has got to be one of the most stupid things Ive seen for an atv.Do you think your going to get that mch more air than just the lid off?Think about it if you have to run a pre filter is your air filter that good?Sparks,UNI,Pro flow are the best on the market.K&N imo are made for cars not bikes and quads.

We ran the same setup on a 416ex (the filter was mounted directly on the carb, didnt have esr kit). It flows a little better then with just the lid off, but the air enters at a much higher velocity. It improved throttle response a lot.

kgbg
07-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Looks good OSM.

Can't wait to see it all.

Hopefully at St. A's!

oldsandman
07-31-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by kgbg
Looks good OSM.

Can't wait to see it all.

Hopefully at St. A's!

Kgb, I sent you a picture of the completed quad. Hope to see you there.

oldsandman
07-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by fourtraxmc
OLDSANDMAN, What is your jetting with your FCR , I am installing the ESR airbox eliminator and an FCR would like a base line to start with. If you don't mind

As soon as I get it figured out I'll let you know, give me a week. I'm also running the hrc cam fwiw.

oldsandman
07-31-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by ashley grimes
That has got to be one of the most stupid things Ive seen for an atv.Do you think your going to get that mch more air than just the lid off?Think about it if you have to run a pre filter is your air filter that good?Sparks,UNI,Pro flow are the best on the market.K&N imo are made for cars not bikes and quads.

You're right I like doing "stupid things". K&N's are a pos. Thanks for your help in making me see the error of my ways. :rolleyes:

kgbg
08-01-2004, 12:49 AM
:D
I hope I can see you up there too. I will see the photos on monday, can't wait!

fourtraxmc
08-12-2004, 02:34 PM
OLDSANDMAN, what jetting did you finally end up with and about what elevation are you.

JIMTED79
02-22-2005, 11:48 AM

YOU MUST NOT BE IN TO MAKING HORSEPOWER GO TO TRX450R.ORG AND SEARCH FOR 450R PIPE SHOOT OUT. YOU WILL SEE THAT SPARKS EXHAUST IS ONE OF THE WEAKEST. AND AS FOR THE ESR KIT PUT A LITTLE BOX OVER YOUR FACE AND BREATH IN HARD AND THEN TELL ME IT DOESN'T MATTER:cuss:

ashley grimes
02-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey tripout thats kinda what I did with your sister

DirtDevilBT
02-23-2005, 12:34 AM
I have heard about the negitive effects going without an airbox can do. Something about the air moving past it will actually slow air going in it? I dunno. Anyway, there were a few other ill affects but I don't have one so I couldn't say first hand.

P.S. You are preaching to the chior if you think you're going to "prove me wrong". I run a generation II FIPK on my truck, I know it works, just don't know about a quad.

JIMTED79
02-23-2005, 11:14 AM

DUDE, YOU MAKE AS MUCH SENSE AS A JERRY'S KID. SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO THIRD GRADE YOU BAD ***.:rolleyes:

ashley grimes
02-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
DUDE, YOU MAKE AS MUCH SENSE AS A JERRY'S KID. SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO THIRD GRADE YOU BAD ***.:rolleyes:

Hey dillhole you attacked me first.Just a taste of your own bullS^%$!If you dont like what I've got to say then read on and shut the F(*$%! up.Jerkoff!!!I diddnt know Jerry's kids could make it to the third grade,I guess you did.Retard!!!

JIMTED79
02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ashley grimes
Hey dillhole you attacked me first.Just a taste of your own bullS^%$!If you dont like what I've got to say then read on and shut the F(*$%! up.Jerkoff!!!I diddnt know Jerry's kids could make it to the third grade,I guess you did.Retard!!! [/QUOTE

I DID'NT ATTACK YOU I STATED MY OPINION JUST LIKE WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE DOES ON THIS SITE.YOUR THE ONE WHO GOT CRAZY AND I'M ON THIS SITE FOR QUAD'S NOT YOUR PUNK ***. ITS EASY TO TALK SH%# OVER THE COMPUTER IS'NT IT BIG MAN.

ashley grimes
02-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ashley grimes
Hey dillhole you attacked me first.Just a taste of your own bullS^%$!If you dont like what I've got to say then read on and shut the F(*$%! up.Jerkoff!!!I diddnt know Jerry's kids could make it to the third grade,I guess you did.Retard!!! [/QUOTE

I DID'NT ATTACK YOU I STATED MY OPINION JUST LIKE WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE DOES ON THIS SITE.YOUR THE ONE WHO GOT CRAZY AND I'M ON THIS SITE FOR QUAD'S NOT YOUR PUNK ***. ITS EASY TO TALK SH%# OVER THE COMPUTER IS'NT IT BIG MAN.

Damb dude your really serious.Might want to check on help for your anger.Na dont do that I like messing with ya.Take a pill,chillout and go Fu@k yourself.lol Dillhole

DirtDevilBT
02-23-2005, 10:20 PM
:ermm:

#1speedbump
02-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Damb dude your really serious.Might want to check on help for your anger.Na dont do that I like messing with ya.Take a pill,chillout and go Fu@k yourself.lol Dillhole
Hey dillhole you attacked me first.Just a taste of your own bullS^%$!If you dont like what I've got to say then read on and shut the F(*$%! up.Jerkoff!!!I diddnt know Jerry's kids could make it to the third grade,I guess you did.Retard!!!

Attention Mods, people like this are ruining this site. BAN the IP address. And let it be known that you wont tolerate this type of immaturatey or it'll only get worse.

ashley grimes
02-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by #1speedbump
Attention Mods, people like this are ruining this site. BAN the IP address. And let it be known that you wont tolerate this type of immaturatey or it'll only get worse.

Ban my IP your crazy man .Look at the whole story.I dididnt start this mess,but you are right I should have let it go when dillhole started up.And no people like what your talking about dont run this site.Let go dude if you dont like read on.

QuadJunkies
02-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Im on a banning spree this week... :grr: Keep it up and YOUR GONE...you all know whats exceptable for posting . Have some respect when you post on this site or you wont be allowed to post AT ALL....
another thread down the toilet... :rolleyes: