PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy ?

T.Hopp
07-28-2004, 07:10 PM
There are a few of us from Baltimore that would like to head down to southern WV for some weekend fun. September 16th-19th. Problem is, we are unfamiliar with the areas. What are some prefered places to set up camp? There are soo many places to choose from it seems. We will be tent camping it. Thanks!

Taco
07-28-2004, 08:20 PM
I gotta say that I'm a big fan of Chief Logan State Park in Logan.

Bill Fuller
07-28-2004, 09:51 PM
I have heard of that place it sounds really cool.There is a planned EXriders group ride that is supposed to happen the 2nd weekend of Sept.You all should wait and try to make it.

Motoman440
07-29-2004, 06:20 AM
Chief Logan State Park is the place to be!!! Go to...
www.cheifloganstatepark.com to set-up your reservations. They have shower houses etc. Plenty of camping spots and firewood for sale. You can be a Bearwallow in 15 minutes but I prefer the scenic route which takes 30 minutes, Rockhouse is 45 minutes, Waterways is 45 minutes and Buffalo Mtn is about 30 minutes away. You can also get to Rolling Thunder (dragstrip / hillclimb / bar) in 10 minutes. Exriders is the weekend before so you should try and show up for that. Lots of fun!!!

450r_rider
08-01-2004, 06:45 PM
The link isnt working. The site might be temporarily down and I will try again later. Are those travel times on trails or by roads(at least I understand you can ride through some of the towns.) Also are these trails near the campground easy enough for children?
Thanks

Motoman440
08-02-2004, 05:02 AM
Travel times are from the campground (Cheif Logan) to the trail heads. Yes, you can ride atv's in Man and Gilbert on the road but these travel times are in your truck to the trailheads. Do a google and type in Cheif Logan State Park and that will bring up the link. If you are taking kids be sure and just follow the green trails. Most of them are very easy.

Allen
08-08-2004, 10:47 PM
www.chiefloganstatepark.com