PDA

View Full Version : I hate them! but I love them.....

300EXrider02
07-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Damn powerwashers!

I set my buddies up a 2500psi washer, I had it on the wrong setting and I thought it was on low, not high, I ripped the **** out of my seat, blew decals and graphics right off....

These decals werent cheesy stickers instead of the sticker slowly peeling off on the edge, this washer was on a pencil jet setting, I hit the center of one of the decals and it blew a hole right threw like it was nothing.....

The seat cover is ripped and punctured pretty bad in many spots, it took off recent paint I put certain parts including the a-arms which by the way was real heavy duty paint...

this thing was lethal, I found the correct setting after I already did the damage.....

I love the things because they take the dirt and real baked stuff out real easy, but it was not worth it...

however, if anyone knows of a good looking seat over with red plastics that would be awesome

Mxjunkie
07-28-2004, 04:39 PM
yeah, i was using my friends and it ripped my numbers right off my number plate, i was pretty pissed but chit happens

400exrules
07-28-2004, 04:55 PM
yah, i like power washers cuz ive earned money from them :devil: , my dad has one and he does construction work, he gets jobs for me to pressure wash stuff, most recent one was i pressure washed a ladies sidewalk and front door walkway and made $150 in like 3 hours

bulkdriverlp
07-28-2004, 09:24 PM
i did the same thing, put couple nice wrinkles in my seat, and blew off my orv sticker twice now. ya have to hold the wand a long ways away when ur washing the top of ur wheeler, then hand wash it. i stand mine up on end and blast real close thou to get the mud out of the underneath, i have a honda 2750 washer real nice.

SHOCKER
07-28-2004, 09:29 PM
i use a 1300 psi pressure washer, and it has the jet or a fan mode, and i use the fan and it doesnt take off anything, jsut 1 littel cycle parts west sticker i had on

TORO1968
07-29-2004, 06:24 AM
We have a 3600psi Honda pressure washer in our maintenance shop here at work. It's one mean SOB... :eek:

There's nothing like doing paint prep with a tiny jet of water! :D

Speaking of work, I guess I should be doing that...

-Jordan

jcv400ex
07-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
Damn powerwashers!

I set my buddies up a 2500psi washer, I had it on the wrong setting and I thought it was on low, not high, I ripped the **** out of my seat, blew decals and graphics right off....

These decals werent cheesy stickers instead of the sticker slowly peeling off on the edge, this washer was on a pencil jet setting, I hit the center of one of the decals and it blew a hole right threw like it was nothing.....

The seat cover is ripped and punctured pretty bad in many spots, it took off recent paint I put certain parts including the a-arms which by the way was real heavy duty paint...

this thing was lethal, I found the correct setting after I already did the damage.....

I love the things because they take the dirt and real baked stuff out real easy, but it was not worth it...

however, if anyone knows of a good looking seat over with red plastics that would be awesome

LMAO!!!!! Heeer's Your Sign! :devil: