PDA

View Full Version : ohhhhhhh yeah...........

QuadJunkies
07-28-2004, 12:11 PM
I think this is gonna work out REALLY nicely for the Viper.......:eek: :cool:

QuadJunkies
07-28-2004, 12:12 PM
His new 16 inch tiresand rims came today too...:D

QuadJunkies
07-28-2004, 12:15 PM
these were quite a bit cheaper than the ones we got for the Kasea (I thnik the Kasea has Carliles) and the tread is almost the same.......:)

SHOCKER
07-28-2004, 12:21 PM
:eek2: that is nice, i think it wil be sick, make usre ya keep us updated with pics :) and ofcourse with everything on the viper :blah:

300exOH
07-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Nice exhaust. What's the aluminum box with it? It looks like a battery box?

QuadJunkies
07-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by SHOCKER
:eek2: that is nice, i think it wil be sick, make usre ya keep us updated with pics :) and ofcourse with everything on the viper :blah: Thanks......Its also getting some gear changes today and a new chain to go along with new roller weights,then the AArms and Ext. Swing Arm will be next.......:macho

Also, the box is a Battery Box.;)BTW..... This is a WRH race pipe........:)

Samson
07-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Cool pipe Tina! Billy's out done himself! Oh, I like that shine!

Be sure to to do a performance review! I'll do the same and post some pics too! :cool:

QuadJunkies
07-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Samson
Cool pipe Tina! Billy's out done himself! Oh, I like that shine!

Finally got mine in from miniatvs dot com on Tuesday! Be sure to to do a performance review! I'll do the same and post some pics too! :cool: will do!!;)

212racing
07-30-2004, 12:04 AM
my son uses the same tire. they are excellent.
really dig in the loose dirt

QuadJunkies
07-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 212racing
my son uses the same tire. they are excellent.
really dig in the loose dirt thanks for that info!!!!! ;)

QuadJunkies
07-30-2004, 07:40 PM
:blah: HOLY COW....what a raped ape!!!!!!:eek: We got the gearing set very nicely he even tore his own Sis off the line in a drag race......:o :p This will be one tough mini to beat.......:D it sounds bad arse and looks even better.......now if we can only figure out how to hook up the battery box?????We have no idea where to put it.....:confused: I hate the kickers on the mins they are always unreliable it seems like we still havent got my Daughters to work right and she only used it once....:grr: So somehow we have ot make the Battery box fit somewhere.....
If ANYONE had expeerience with the battery box on the Eton viper.PLEASE give me the info he races next week.;)

QuadJunkies
07-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Im luvin the tires!!!:macho

QuadJunkies
07-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Ive got to get some footage of this thing....Its NOTHING like it was , those 90's are gonna have there hands full.......:D ;)

Samson
07-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Whoa! I thought that battery box was suposed to slide the battery over but in the about the same spot. It didn't fit? :confused:

If not I feel a little better cause mine don't fit either! :o :D

Got to remember the battery fit in the middle! I founf a 400ex mount on the net today I may order to rig on the side. BUT, you'd have to get it awful high to keep from rubbing!

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL33/1903582/3675884/61647080.jpg

Samson
07-30-2004, 08:46 PM
http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view.asp?schem_dept_id=381471&section_dept_id=1&section_dept_name=OEM+%28Stock+Parts%29&dept_type_id=2&model_dept_year=2003&model_dept_mfr=Honda&model_dept_id=375300&model_dept_name=TRX400EX

QuadJunkies
07-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Whoa! I thought that battery box was suposed to slide the battery over but in the about the same spot. It didn't fit? :confused:

If not I feel a little better cause mine don't fit either! :o :D

Got to remember the battery fit in the middle! I founf a 400ex mount on the net today I may order to rig on the side. BUT, you'd have to get it awful high to keep from rubbing!

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL33/1903582/3675884/61647080.jpg

Samson~~What Pipe did you end up getting again????? to mention, with the stock Nerfs We had to have them cut and welded for the pipe to fit.......This wont go straight on with stock nerfs......

QuadJunkies
07-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Oh...Did I mention he had to pull the motor too????:huh It wasnt that big of a deal though;)

Samson
07-30-2004, 09:24 PM
It's a Jon ********* design. Nice 3 piece pipe that fit right on no problems. Not quite as purty as yours, but the design has been proven through companies such as Trinity. The only drawback is you have to relocate the battery.

Forgot to mention I was thinking of relocating it under the left rear fender.

Still waiting on a backoder K&N (from performanceproducts.com) that was supposed to be here by today! I can't stand waiting! The stock filter won't fit my new 20mm Keihin! :grr:

QuadJunkies
07-30-2004, 09:31 PM
MiniATVs.com

It's a Jon Anderson design. Nice 3 piece pipe that fit right on no problems. Not quite as purty as yours, but the design has been proven through companies such as Trinity. The only drawback is you have to relocate the battery.

Forgot to mention I was thinking of relocating it under the left rear fender.

Still waiting on a backoder K&N (from performanceproducts.com) that was supposed to be here by today! I can't stand waiting! The stock filter won't fit my new 20mm Keihin! :grr:

I know what ya mean,waiting sucks!!!!......:p ;) I actually didint know about that pipe .......!!! :blah: looks arent whats important(well, I hear they add another 5 ponies from bling alone!!lol...JP;)) its the prformance that whats important.....I had a feeling you were gonna try to mount it where you mentioned but like you said might be tough, but I bet it works!!!!

Samson
07-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I know what ya mean,waiting sucks!!!!......:p ;) I actually didint know about that pipe .......!!! :blah: looks arent whats important(well, I hear they add another 5 ponies from bling alone!!lol...JP;)) its the prformance that whats important.....I had a feeling you were gonna try to mount it where you mentioned but like you said might be tough, but I bet it works!!!!

Yeah, check out there parts section. Jon has been developing parts for a long time. Good stuff! (But so is Billy's!)

Nope, I agree! Looks aren't that important on a quad or in a bar after a 12 twelve pack! :D :p

Cody_300ex
07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Looks nice QJ!!:cool:

markvette
07-30-2004, 11:04 PM
you should be able to cut the stock battery box out of the plastic and install the aluminum one in the hole that is left. you will have to cut the hole farther to the right away from the pipe to make the battery fit. i put one on a viper 90 a couple months ago and it worked.

Mark

oh billys pipe is his design and he owns the stamping so it cannot be copied and sold to others.

Mark

mxmike17
07-31-2004, 05:16 AM
I was also suprised how fast a piped 70 is.

We got the 20mm carb/k&n, 68 airasal kit and WRH pipe.
I cant count how many piped and stock 90's he has holeshotted. It runs with the 109 bigboars till it tops out then they pull on him.
We are very satisfied. His first ride was in a huge open field. Cranked it up and he laid into that thing all the way acrossed it.
I just about craped my pants.

:eek2:

Samson
07-31-2004, 07:11 AM
Got mine mounted up and out of the way. All for under $5! Guess it could look better, but it beats my first attempt! It'll do until I think of something better.

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL33/1903582/3675884/61790249.jpg

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL33/1903582/3675884/61790245.jpg

QuadJunkies
07-31-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by markvette
you should be able to cut the stock battery box out of the plastic and install the aluminum one in the hole that is left. you will have to cut the hole farther to the right away from the pipe to make the battery fit. i put one on a viper 90 a couple months ago and it worked.

Mark

oh billys pipe is his design and he owns the stamping so it cannot be copied and sold to others.

Mark Maybe there is something different between the 90's and the 50's.......If were to go to the left of it (if your looking from the rear that is) you run into the pipe so that wont work...

QuadJunkies
07-31-2004, 08:41 AM
ands this side ,you run into the frame......:confused: Markvette,the one you installed,was it a different bend to the pipe???What pipe was on it??? Samson,thats the same place Troy was thinkin of using last night when he couldnt think of anmything else........;)

QuadJunkies
07-31-2004, 09:24 PM
well.Like I said.....first kick on it...It breaks........:mad: :rolleyes: They REALLY need to perfect the kicker on these minis!!!!!everyone around here has had nothing but issues with the darn things.....I could care less for a few pounds of weight,the electric start is MUCH better IMO.....Looks like we better get it one before next race!!!;)

Samson
07-31-2004, 09:46 PM
I'll sell you my mount design for $100! :o

:p :D

QuadJunkies
07-31-2004, 10:50 PM
I'll sell you my mount design for $100! :o

:p :D lol.....:p ;)

QuadJunkies
08-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Im gonna have to find someone to host our mini...This thing RIPS!!!!:blah: in a drag race its keeping up with our Modded 90:huh :eek: I know in top end the 90 will beat it, but I am in total shock with what little we spent to wake this bad boy up!!!:eek2: The 70 head had a bettter Comp. rading than the modified 50 head did(it read a 170) and no sputter,even smooth power from bottom to top.For anyone who says you cant pull much from a Viper 50 there wrong..... I am VERY pleased with the mods and on a scale from 1-10 the pipe gets a 11 !!!!:macho :cool: Ill try and get up some short clips of the flattrack and maybe a drag race for you all to see. if I can find a host for the video....;)

little50
08-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Great info on the WRH pipe !!!.

QuadJunkies
08-03-2004, 11:48 PM
I got some pics of it mostly set up.....Still would like to getthe swing Arm done but this is set up for flatrackin and has a +5 w/wheel spacers were gonna try this wk end......:cool:

QuadJunkies
08-03-2004, 11:49 PM
up next to Big sis's......:D

QuadJunkies
08-03-2004, 11:51 PM
we got the battery box to fit nicely under the seat too.So we wont have to mount it under the fender....:)

QuadJunkies
08-03-2004, 11:51 PM
:blah:

phaster1
08-04-2004, 07:15 AM
REALLY NICE!!!!!

oldyeller
08-04-2004, 08:57 PM
I was just curious in the picture where you described how tight the pipe was to the frame,did you have to do any modifications on the frame or pipe or is it just really close?So do you just have to remove oil injection and relocate the battery?Any other little issues? Awesome looking bikes by the way.Please do find someone to host some action footage,preferably with sound! :macho :D Nice Job.

TC440EX
08-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Working on pipe for Viper90R. Should be done on friday. Will Post pics when ready. VERY NICE quads for the kids.

QuadJunkies
08-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by oldyeller
I was just curious in the picture where you described how tight the pipe was to the frame,did you have to do any modifications on the frame or pipe or is it just really close?So do you just have to remove oil injection and relocate the battery?Any other little issues? Awesome looking bikes by the way.Please do find someone to host some action footage,preferably with sound! :macho :D Nice Job. the only thing that was not fitting at first was the box,but Ill post a pic and show you how we got it to fit.;) Also, we had to cut a peice where the running board(stock nerfs) for some clearance to run the stock nerfs.the pipe fit perfectly........:) Yep. just the Oil Injection and Battery box other than that.....I may have some footage this wk end WITH SOUND.......:D

phaster
09-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Sound would be great QJ. That is my biggest concern when it comes to buying the pipe. We need to keep it down somewhat when riding, as not to Pi$$ the Yuppies off.

Samson
09-10-2004, 10:03 AM
I know mine is not nearly as loud as my e-series on my 400ex. You can get a chrome one just like it from Hetrick. Not sure about the WRH.

WRH announced they have a new one (as of today) for the viper and you don't have to remove the battery! Should fit Polaris and Polaris clones too, I think.

phaster
09-10-2004, 10:19 AM
TY Samson.

You really know your PIPES!!!:eek:

Samson
09-10-2004, 10:37 AM
No pun intended I hope! :o :D

phaster
09-13-2004, 10:02 AM
When it comes to you there is always Pun intended....LMAO

Samson
09-13-2004, 10:50 AM
I actually spend all my time working intake valves instead of exhaust ports! Might adjust the occasional headlight on occasion. Really get 'em to purr!

phaster
09-13-2004, 01:55 PM
I actually spend all my time working intake valves instead of exhaust ports! Might adjust the occasional headlight on occasion. Really get 'em to purr!

That's my Boy!!!! ;)

Samson
09-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Got turned around and accidently hit the exhaust port one time. The engine made the funniest sound. Kind of sounded like....huhn-uh huhn-uh huhn-uh!

Go figure! :p