PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Limiter?

Punk'd
07-28-2004, 06:38 AM
Is there a throttle limiter on this bike? Or something that i need to check to make sure im going to get top speed? Thanks

Randy

07-28-2004, 06:50 AM
you need to adjust your throttle cable....see how much freeplay is in the throttle..there should just be like a tiny bit....if theres more then adjust it by slipping off that boot & spinning out the adjuster & tightening it back up

benwa450r
07-28-2004, 05:11 PM
"Your" throttle housing probably has a set screw and locking nut for the throttle limiter... similar to a TRX90. That way they can limit how fast you go so they won't have to call the
waaaaain-bulance on you.

Punk'd
07-28-2004, 07:40 PM
im scared to mess with it and I have no clue how lol

07-28-2004, 08:38 PM
dont be scared...its very easy...if you have problems with this your gonna be in a world of trouble when the engine goes out & needs a complete rebuild in its 20 hours of riding time like everyone elses....:eek2:

Hammer trx450r
07-29-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
dont be scared...its very easy...if you have problems with this your gonna be in a world of trouble when the engine goes out & needs a complete rebuild in its 20 hours of riding time like everyone elses....:eek2:

20hours? what are u talking about?

Punk'd
07-29-2004, 05:55 AM

eh? whats gonna happen?

And I just dont know which way to turn that cable thing or whatever. It looks like the cable cord like on my tv that goes into the wall.. but i dunno wut to do. Can someone explain please?:confused:

I need to tighten it by turning it clock-wise? Untill there is no slack in the cable left? lol sorry im confused:confused:

Toadz400
07-29-2004, 10:33 AM
My advice to you Punk'd, if you're having trouble with adjusting the throttle...I don't think you should be riding quads:huh . It's a very simple thing, you have to loosen up the round nut and I can't remember which way you turn the cord thinger, counter-clockwise or clockwise...just mess around with it and see which one gives you more slack or tightens it up. Just mess with it and you'll get it, don't worry....you can't screw anything up...and if you do, well...give me your 450R.

*Edit* - I believe you take away slack by turning it counter-clockwise.

Punk'd
07-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
My advice to you Punk'd, if you're having trouble with adjusting the throttle...I don't think you should be riding quads:huh . It's a very simple thing, you have to loosen up the round nut and I can't remember which way you turn the cord thinger, counter-clockwise or clockwise...just mess around with it and see which one gives you more slack or tightens it up. Just mess with it and you'll get it, don't worry....you can't screw anything up...and if you do, well...give me your 450R.

*Edit* - I believe you take away slack by turning it counter-clockwise.

Iv been riding quads all my life but every quad is diffrent so I didnt know but that doesnt mean I should have to stop riding:confused:

red2004 TRX450R
07-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Ive only seen one type of throttle cable adjuster in my life, all quads are the same. Just like the clutch. Some do have a throttle stop on the backside of the thumb throttle to limit speed but I did not see one or my R.

Ive here that some dealers have adjusted the throttle on the 400ex so it don’t open the whole way so inexpericened riders don’t kill them selves.

I have not adjusted my but when I push the throttle wide open real fast I can here the carb bottoming out so I guess its OK

OK

BSTURDIVANT
08-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Turning counterclockwise takes out slack-you'll see more threads if you're going the right way! You can hear the carb click when at max open when the throttle is opened.

Antnee77
08-27-2004, 05:40 PM

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but what's this about? The 450R's motor needs a rebuild every 20hrs??? That's worse than a 2-stroke!!! I hope this was a sarcastic comment!

trick450r
08-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Antnee77
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but what's this about? The 450R's motor needs a rebuild every 20hrs??? That's worse than a 2-stroke!!! I hope this was a sarcastic comment!

hes just a dumb ***** who flipped his 450 bent his frame and now has to take it all apart.....i have about 100 hr's on mine and it runs and rides perfect....

Antnee77
08-27-2004, 10:26 PM
So if I'm doing trails a couple times a week in the summer and the track every other week, I shouldn't have to rebuild the top-end like a two-stroke, should I?

Hammer trx450r
08-28-2004, 05:13 AM
No you shouldn't