PDA

View Full Version : Best Air Filter..

bpimpdaddy21
04-02-2002, 08:19 PM
What is the better air filter for semi muddy, not too dusty ( most of the time) conditions? Which out of the K&N with an outerwear and a twinair is better for my 400ex??

nakomis0
04-02-2002, 08:37 PM
K&N lets the most air in, and protects great in all conditions.... except..... Dusty. Its fairly simple to clean also.

Tommy 17
04-02-2002, 08:40 PM
i have a k&n and it works great in mud, and dust...

i ride with no air box cover, i cross streams, snow, mud, dusty everythin u can think to ride in and not one drop of dirt has gone through it yet... its a aweosme filter, easy to clean, cheap and lasts a long time!!!!!

VegasEx'r
04-02-2002, 08:42 PM
I thought K&N filters were best for dusty conditions, and not so good for muddy conditions. Where I ride there is too much dust, and no mud, and I use a K&N. Also, a lot of dune riders use K&N filters. K&N makes foeam pre-filters for their automotive filters, I don't know if they do for ATV's, but that might be something to look into.

nakomis0
04-02-2002, 09:37 PM
Ya dust particulse are sometimes to small for K&N filters. Sand particules are larger and is no problem.

Its dusty as heck here in MI, and all I run is k&n. I mean its just dust. If it gets in your engine what really can it do? If it was sand or gravel or something that can damage a cylinder wall thats a differnet story

oynot400
04-03-2002, 08:19 AM
I have a K&N mainly because my engine builder recommended it with my mods. I have friends that swear by UNI. Both are great filters. I think the UNI will catch more dust/dirt, buthe K&N will breath better. If you clean both of often you should not have a problem. :D

ChadEXer
04-03-2002, 08:28 AM
K&N will always be the best!!!

Dave400ex
04-03-2002, 09:56 AM
I run a K&N with Outerwear and like it a lot. On our Warrior we have a K&N without a Outerwear and forgot to Clean the Filter for about 2 Months. Well it was all Black. I checked the Air Tube and there was no Dirt in there. That made me Happy with the K&N. I also like how Easy the K&N is to Clean.