PDA

View Full Version : Race cut fenders!!!!

Putt-Putt
07-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Can anyone show me the proper line to draw on my blaster
fenders, a picture maybe. I don't want to just start
cutting away without a game plan. Thanks.....

rollie
07-27-2004, 09:55 PM
just get some duct tape and mark out where you wanna cut it and look at both sides and try to match them then cut..thats what i did!:)

Butters
07-27-2004, 10:10 PM
cut them like a banshee. where they start to turn down.

Putt-Putt
07-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the ideas. It would be nice to see how
its done. Is there no standard way of doing this?
If thats the case wheres my Rotozip......

Putt-Putt
07-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Its amazing what you can do with fine line tape
and a jigsaw. I found a picture on another site
as a guide, and went for it. I didn't cut them
as small as most people do, but it looks ready
to race now!

FatBoy Racing
08-04-2004, 08:55 PM
I have a small cache of simple power tools laying about so this is how I went about it on my 450r and 400ex;

I used a jigsaw for the first cut - made with no guide 'line', just cut 1/4" to 1/2" away from where I want my final line to be.

Next, I use a belt sander with 100 grit to shape them down to where they look good, still leaving maybe an 1/8" from where I want the final cut.

Then I used a palm sander with somewhere around 200gr to clean it up real purdy to the final line.

Finally, I use a small butane torch to heat the edges just enough to make them look 'factory'.

You could probably do without the belt sander if you cut carefully with the jigsaw, but with the fender bouncing around a little, I don't like to get too close to the line. You could also do without the torch to get that final 'factory' look, it is a dirt bike after all, and if you use some fine paper with the palm sander, it looks pretty darn good.

Have fun!