PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth

ScrnNmsSUCK
07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Anyone here have there wisdom teeth taken out. I got mine taken out earlier today. I was suppose to get all 4 taken out but only ended up getting 2 taken out cause it took 3 hours for 2 of them. I also ended up with 6 stiches too. Any of you guys who did have them taken out what did eat or should i say drink for the first few days.

Mxjunkie
07-27-2004, 04:26 PM
in a few years i might have to have mine taken out, did it hurt?

Bill Fuller
07-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Try mashed potatoes or Ramen noodles.

ScrnNmsSUCK
07-27-2004, 04:28 PM
it only hurt on one side for a little bit because he didnt put on enough novicane but after that it didnt hurt

MNTNMAN
07-27-2004, 04:38 PM
The worst pain is from the needle full of novacain. It almost made me cry.

redroost85
07-27-2004, 04:40 PM
I had all 4 taken out about 4 years ago. One of the best things I ever had done. Hurt like whore for awhile, but the drugs were fantastic. :D

I just chilled out with the ice packs and watched old race tapes, lol!:devil:

ScrnNmsSUCK
07-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
Hurt like whore for awhile, but the drugs were fantastic. :D

IVe been eating them like skittles.

LTandRaptorider
07-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
[B]I Hurt like whore for awhile,

and whores do hurt... specially when they give you an STD... buy stock in Valtrex. ;)

what was the original question? Oh yeah, wisdom teeth. Yep, a little sore for a couple of days, eat soft foods. No pain pills, be a man and tough it out! ;)

batgeek
07-27-2004, 05:56 PM
if they don't sew up the sockets, dont eat chunky food.

they get lodged in there and pop out 3 hours later while yer talking to some chick at the bar and hit her on the nose!

250rmike
07-27-2004, 06:00 PM
know from experience batgeek? lol

bulkdriverlp
07-27-2004, 08:01 PM
i had mine taken out few years ago, he walked in looked at em said the bottom two have to go, took a round tool rammed down on the base then took pair of pliers neeled on my shoulder and pushed down and pulled em right out. 15 min i was out. had to bite down on gauze for bout 3 hours but thats it.

Cole Trane
07-27-2004, 08:05 PM
When I got mine pulled (all four), I quit smoking to prevent dry sockets. I still got them and it hurt like a motha dooka. Mine didn't heal for about a month. The doctor had to stick guaze down the holes, it was almost an inch deep. Then he gave me this squirt thing to get the food out of the sockets. Wisdom teeth aren't to be fu^ked with!!

Butters
07-27-2004, 09:36 PM
i just had all 4 of mine cut out last week. the worst thing is the 3rd day the swelling gets so big you can't even open your mouth. my surgery took 45 min. i just ate ramen noodles and stuff like that.

acold7dusta
07-27-2004, 09:41 PM
yes i got it done last year....i got some novicane and laughing gas...really helped...specially cuz i "blacked out" as they said. the novicane lasted a few days and tasted really good...all i did was eat jello, soup, yogurt, stuff like that....i lost about 4 pounds lol. i was acctually forced to "take it easy" and watch movies and play video games all day...it was the time of my life lol and as for pain...unless nothing sharp hit it i was fine

K_Banger125
07-27-2004, 09:56 PM
my sister just had ehrs out and she had to gargle with salt water

Butters
07-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by acold7dusta
yes i got it done last year....i got some novicane and laughing gas...really helped...specially cuz i "blacked out" as they said. the novicane lasted a few days and tasted really good...all i did was eat jello, soup, yogurt, stuff like that....i lost about 4 pounds lol. i was acctually forced to "take it easy" and watch movies and play video games all day...it was the time of my life lol and as for pain...unless nothing sharp hit it i was fine

yeah me too. i lost 5lbs. we should make that into a commercial.

310Rduner
07-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Butters
yeah me too. i lost 5lbs. we should make that into a commercial.

HAHA. I got the perfect weight loss plan. You pay be $4,000 and I'll hit you in the face with an aluminum baseball bat cracking your jaw in multiple places. You'll loose at least 15lbs guaranteed!!;)

MY450R
07-28-2004, 07:56 AM
heres a funny one
when i got mine out after it was done i was in the chair with my mouth packed with gauze talking to the nurse or whatever she is
all of a sudden i lost the gauze on one side
i was looking around for it and the nurse said oh its ok ill get some more
when i got home i took some pain pills and then my stomach was killing me
the next day it still hurt like hell so i stopped taking pills and went to the doctors
i mean i was in some serious pain here,so they took x-rays of my gut cause they figured i had appendicitis or something
x-ray came back ok so i was like huh???
about a week later i ate a chicken fajita for lunch and i was like oh boy i gotta puke
so i puked and out came a huge piece of gauze!!!
i was like that aint no chix fajita!
i called the dr back and told him what happened and he said ahh that makes sense you cant see cloth on an x-ray
i was pissed i guess i didnt lose the gauze,i swallowed it
and it was so big it didnt break down in my stomach it just sat there and caused me a great deal of pain for a week
i guess my mouth was so numb i just swallowed it down

1badex
07-28-2004, 02:19 PM
YOU GUYS ARE SCARING ME.....I HAVE TO GET MINE TAKEN OUT THIS COMING TUESDAY.:eek2:

07-28-2004, 02:36 PM
It has been several year since I had mine taken out. I had it done at the dentist instead of sugery. i was eating pizza and potato chips later that day. I just gargled (sp?) salt water quit often to keep the areas cleaned out and to help them heal. I didn't have stitches but I did have gauze in my mouth. but as soon as I took them out and the bleeding stoped i started eating what ever I wanted!

250exGrrl
07-28-2004, 03:21 PM
I had all 4 of mine surgically removed last March (2003). All I ate for two weeks was chicken noodle soup, and peanut butter and honey sandwiches. It sucks. Mine were impacted, so they had to cut open my gums and crush the teeth into pieces to get them out. Sounds lovely, I know. The pain was not a problem, just the fact that I couldn't eat real food for a little while.

LTandRaptorider
07-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 250exGrrl
I had all 4 of mine surgically removed last March (2003). All I ate for two weeks was chicken noodle soup, and peanut butter and honey sandwiches. It sucks. Mine were impacted, so they had to cut open my gums and crush the teeth into pieces to get them out. Sounds lovely, I know. The pain was not a problem, just the fact that I couldn't eat real food for a little while.

That's exactly how they had to take mine out about... 15 years ago. I like to eat, so I got back on regular food much quicker! :o :p

acold7dusta
07-28-2004, 09:54 PM
:eek2: :eek: yuck! i forgot about the salt water...man that was disgusting!!!!!

Syrus
07-29-2004, 10:34 AM
For those of u who arw worries, dont. I just got my 4 wizdom teeth out 1 hour ago, im sittin hre fine after the drugs wore off, anf just relaxin with a bag of ice, it doesnt hurt at all.

Pappy
07-29-2004, 10:51 AM
ill be paying a visit to my dentist next week:(

i have to get the 2 teeth removed that i kinda broke out when i wrecked my quad, and since ive been having to chew all my food on the other side i loosened a filling and that one will prolly come out also:grr:

Ericthered rdr
07-29-2004, 10:53 AM
You will be fine as long as the doctor didn't wake you up and tell you that you have the whitest teeth he has ever come accross:eek2:

Seriously...if they gave you a little plastic suringe to wash out the sockets do it religiously and use mouthwash yopu should be fine. I was very lucky I was out partying with the guys later that night after I had mine done. Oh don't kiss any thing that spits or bleeds untill it is completely healed. that is a sure fire way to get an infection:huh :devil:

250rmike
07-29-2004, 07:21 PM
spits or bleed huh what were you kissing lol i havent had em done yet but whatever when i do im pretty good with pain so i think im good

polabareus
07-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Spits or bleeds!:p

And by the way Syrus, just wait a while.

Syrus
07-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by polabareus
Spits or bleeds!:p

And by the way Syrus, just wait a while.

Well its 11:29 pm here, im feelin better then i was after surgury, and takin my meds, sofar so good. I did spit lots of blood for the first few hours, nothing serious. I ate jellow, chicken and some other soft foods, jaw feels fine still, i think after the first sleep without jaw movement ill prolly wake up sore tomorrow, ill keep ya updated.

Ryan
07-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Isn't wisdom teeth for vampires or something? :huh

Syrus
07-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Isn't wisdom teeth for vampires or something? :huh

Uh.... yes :rolleyes: