PDA

View Full Version : yoshi pipe

2004400exrider
07-27-2004, 03:45 PM
i have a 2004 400ex and was looking at the comp serious carbon fiber pipe. but is it loud. any pics of different pipes on ure 400's would be awosme. thanx

Sc0
07-27-2004, 07:58 PM
If the Yoshi isn't too quiet you can use the TEC inserts and maybe lose a tad of performance. Of all the pipes the E-series was the quietest then the Yoshi, I have also heard a pipe ???? that had the disks at the end and those can be made super quiet or super loud depending on how many were installed.

2001-400ex'er
07-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Sc0
If the Yoshi isn't too quiet you can use the TEC inserts and maybe lose a tad of performance. Of all the pipes the E-series was the quietest then the Yoshi, I have also heard a pipe ???? that had the disks at the end and those can be made super quiet or super loud depending on how many were installed.

yep,

more disks=more db=more top end power
less disks=less db=more bottom end power

im not sure if the power is very significant but thats what i learned from this website. oh ya, from what i hear the e-series is pretty much crap because it falls apart and is made very cheaply

mrnate400ex
07-27-2004, 11:10 PM
i have the rs-3 yoshimura slip on pipe, and i love it. a friend of mine has the full system, and he loves his. he used to have the pro circuit t-4 full system, but was too loud for him even with the quiet core. the yosh has more of a low grunt to it than a "poppy" sound that you would find with some others. i personally didn't want the cabon fiber. my thoughts on it were if i were to ever bottom out and hit the brake caliper, or have a big rock fly up in to it the stainless can would dent and not break like the carbon fiber. thus you would have to replace the can. i'm not sure if it is even worth the extra money imo. just a few thoughts for you!!!