PDA

View Full Version : Headpipe glowing

msthondadude
07-27-2004, 03:40 PM
This probably has been discussed before. I put the yosi trs full exhaust on and noticed that the 1st 3 to 4 inches of the headpipe is glowing.( noticed when shed doors was shut and in the dark). Just wondering if this is normal or I'm to lean.

1fastR
07-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I have the LRD pipe on mine and its doing the same thing, the motor has to be running lean, I have been going up in jet sizes makeing it run richer to cure the problem.I have only got to ride it one weekend so far so have not solved the problem yet.

RedRaider
07-27-2004, 07:49 PM
My stock pipe did it before i re-jetted.

toypar
07-28-2004, 12:51 PM
What jets are you running with the lrd? I have the same problem.
I am currently running a 178 main. That is were the bike seems to
run the best.

Bretmd94
07-28-2004, 01:06 PM
its perfectly normal for the head pipe to glow, especially in the dark. If its glowing a lot and getting really hot you might want to go to a bigget jet, But if its not cutting out at all when you rev it up, you are probably just fine. Maybe go up to the next size jet if you want to feel more safe.

REDARMYRACER
07-28-2004, 04:25 PM
my head pipe does the same thing.
so does me buddies yfz and it's stock.

I think but am not positive of this but the fact that it's glowing can be decieving. like most any jetting "tells", but if you wanna be safe just jump main jets until the bike doesn't perform good any more then go down one size so that it will run and perform good but be on the rich side.