PDA

View Full Version : opened up the back end

YFZ450Ridr
07-27-2004, 02:01 PM
well the last time i went riding i felt a loss of power and i could hear like a grinding noise coming from my rear end, even my friend could hear it from like 15 ft away. so yesterday i popped off the cap to my shaft drive and there was so much crap in there. dry as a bone no grease or oil and to top it off there was like dirt in there to. my dad and i figered this was the problem and thats y i was loosing power and hear that wierd noise. so now we have to take the hole rear end apart which shouldnt be that hard but i dont wonna find out that i have to get a new rear end in my 250 cuz then i cant go riding for a while:( i guess i should check up on this when i do regular maintence from now on.

but there is good news for me, my dads doing a side job for extra cash buildin a deck and that money goes straight to my engine. i was also thinkin bout buyin some shock covers cuz those look pretty cool.

07-27-2004, 02:38 PM
instead of modding that 250ex I would leave it stock & sell it for that 400ex that you really want...you will be much happier in the end...thats just what I would do

400exrules
07-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
instead of modding that 250ex I would leave it stock & sell it for that 400ex that you really want...you will be much happier in the end...thats just what I would do

i agree....u can only mod a 250ex to an extent, where u will be sacrificing money that you could have used to just have a better quad. Just go with the 400ex, it will be cheaper to get it then try to make a 250 do wut the 400 can

chucked
07-27-2004, 03:20 PM
y dont u get a job and pay for it yourself?

MOFO
07-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr

but there is good news for me, my dads doing a side job for extra cash buildin a deck and that money goes straight to my engine. i was also thinkin bout buyin some shock covers cuz those look pretty cool.

how about you give you dad a hand with that side job. Thats the only way I got money as a kid... when I went to work with my father.

07-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
how about you give you dad a hand with that side job. Thats the only way I got money as a kid... when I went to work with my father. if your dad is giving you free money man mooch off of him as long as you can

trick450r
07-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
how about you give you dad a hand with that side job. Thats the only way I got money as a kid... when I went to work with my father.

you and me both mofo i have bean helping my dad build the adition on our house and have earened over 1 grand already...i also have bean cleaning back hoes and excavators and stuff when i got to work with him so.......let me tell you guys it really feels good to pay for things yourself!!!

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
you and me both mofo i have bean helping my dad build the adition on our house and have earened over 1 grand already...i also have bean cleaning back hoes and excavators and stuff when i got to work with him so.......let me tell you guys it really feels good to pay for things yourself!!!

yea very true....but hey you get to play with some toys,all the excavators and bobcats....i wouldnt mind doing that once in a while...things don't change,boys playing in dirt....lol now men still playing in dirt:p