PDA

View Full Version : Dunes in NJ?

R-Crazy
04-02-2002, 07:57 PM
are there any dunes in NJ or in local states?

dave

04-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Dave,

Prepare yourself for culture shock and yes even on your quad.

But there are a couple of old quarrys in central and south NJ with more sand than you would expect, just not anyware as much as in the desert.

I do a lot of riding in this type of stuff and a lot of the trails are either sand or at min sandy in the southern half of the state.

The northern part of NJ is mostly dirt and some is very rocky.

Where in NJ are you moving?

R-Crazy
04-02-2002, 09:24 PM
probably to morris county. we lived there our (my parents, my bro, and I) our whole lives. i have many friends there, so "culture shock" will not be an issue. we just wanted to explore and didnt like our findings. Now, i just want to know if i should buy paddles now. Will the quarrys have sand that you need paddles for or just regular tires?

dave

PS. We should go riding sometime.

04-02-2002, 09:41 PM
Too bad I like to see how people look like they just arrived in another planet when they first fly into Newark airport. Then find out that they will be paying more in tolls and taxes than they will make:D

Anyhow I do not think you will be needing the paddles in morris county. If you venture more south you could find a few good spots for them, but you may be happier with a set of razr or trail claws or something that still does ok in the sand but does not bounce as much on the harder stuff.

Some riders just run the paddles but you can tell they are not happy on the trails etc.

R-Crazy
04-03-2002, 03:43 PM
well, i have razrs, but i was just wondering if i should buy a second pair of tires for sand.
There will be no surprised face on us, i am not crazy about nj, but my parents like it for some reason.
thanx.

dave

R-Crazy
04-05-2002, 05:36 PM
BTW, are the quarrys like sand dunes or what?

dave