PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale's warrenty.

DEAL
04-02-2002, 07:52 PM
I've been hearing alot about these machines lately and i want to know all the dirt, how is cannondale's warrenty.
What have been some of the common problems with these machines (if any)?
I would like to hear from a few cannondale owners on this.
(yes that means you catfish , just don't flame this post please)

wyndzer
04-02-2002, 08:05 PM
Chain guards wear fast (they are $12.00) Cannondale is very good about contacting registered owners with any problems they find. They will fix any reasonable problem, and lots of times unreasonable problems. I'm very impressed with my Cannondale. I told them that I thought my gas cap was not sealing properly and they sent me a complete new gas tank. Ask the other manufacturers if they would do that.

DEAL
04-02-2002, 08:18 PM
It sounds pretty good , I'm just a little worried about obtaining parts because there are no dealers in my area that sell cannondales or parts for them.
I have already emailed cannondale and an anxiously awaiting a reply.

smitty
04-02-2002, 09:53 PM
I have a Speed #58. The factory has a 6 months warrenty, I purchased an extended warrenty for around $400 for four years. I should be so lucky as to ride it hard enough to use it, but better safe than sorry.

The chain guide you know about. Everything else seams to be holding up great. Shocks are great, frame is strong, trany stays togther (no Flames). The only problem I've had is the front left ITP rim and tire where bad and that was exchanged at the selling dealer.

I'm happy and faster than my 2000 400EX.

Hope that helps. Get on the only reason to look back is to see who's behind you.

Smitty