PDA

View Full Version : Does the Elka Rear linkage help a stock rear shock?

kegger56
07-27-2004, 11:57 AM
I recently purchased a set of Elka front shocks (which rock as opposed to stock!) and was wondering if the Elka rear linkage would make a difference on a stock rear shock. My guess is that money would be best spent at least re-building my rear shock, first correct? Thanks.

Pappy
07-27-2004, 11:58 AM
the rear elka linkage wont work with a stock rear shock so you have 2 choices...

1- rebuild the stocker with an elka conversion

2- buy an elka shock set up for use with the elka linkage

kegger56
07-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Jesus that was fast! Do I need to send it to Elks, or can I send it to a small rebuild company? Do you have one to recomend as I know of none in the Portland, Or area? Thanks P.

Pappy
07-27-2004, 12:03 PM
there are alot of companies that do the elka/stock rebuild, including elka.

if ya want my advice, just order a new shock and linkage and be done with it.

if you cant afford a new shock, try GT Thunders linkage with a rebuilt stocker

kegger56
07-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks again Pappy! Money is most definately an issue as I am newly married and for some reason the wife doesn't find it quite the priority that I do :p Who would you recommend as a rebuild shop? I know that I posted the whole rear rebuild question a few weeks back, but I cannot remember who the recommended shop was :confused:

07-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
try GT Thunders linkage with a rebuilt stocker

This setup will work much better than any other basic rear rebuild and probably for the same price.

NO other rebuilds from any company that I know of offer a rebuild and new linkage.

Doibugu2
07-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Rico

NO other rebuilds from any company that I know of offer a rebuild and new linkage.

Doesn't Ugly have a rebuild and GT Thunder Link?

07-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Doesn't Ugly have a rebuild and GT Thunder Link?

Yuuuuup

and he's had nothing but good things to say about it.

I'm willing to bet that he's probably gonna have the same setup for the 450R and YFZ pretty soon.