PDA

View Full Version : anyone have bad kickstarting experiences?

1badex
07-27-2004, 09:07 AM
i was at a race this past sunday, and a guy on a 450r went around a corner and flipped over the handlebars.when he got back on his bike he sat there a good 20 secs. tryin to get it started.does anyone else have this problem or is it just this guy?
they might be fast but that is valuble time lost.(just curious)

dunebuggie66
07-27-2004, 09:21 AM
if it sat upside down too long it could have flooded a little. otherwise the hotstart works great. i know sometimes when i tip mine up on the grab-bar to work on something and forget to turn the gas off it is a bit harder to start, but i guess this can happen with any machine.

TrX450rKiD
07-27-2004, 11:21 AM
Mine starts first or second kick every time :D

Gotta love Honda engineering :macho

Pappy
07-27-2004, 11:34 AM
not bad i geuss....but with an e start i prolly wouldnt have had my quad run me over on its way BACK down a hillclimb:p

Scro
07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
this is the first time i have had a kick start....but i love it....the only problem i ever had was when i first got it home..and i wasnt used to it.....at the time i didnt have on any boots and it came back and smacked me in the shin....hurt like hell.:mad:

07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
it came back and smacked me in the shin....hurt like hell.:mad: this is my first time ever using a kickstart & that has yet to happen to me

jlm996s
07-27-2004, 02:44 PM
it came back and smacked me in the shin....hurt like hell.

I did that the first time I tried to start mine too! Only took one time and I've learned not to do it again!

SSRedRider
07-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Mine kicks easy. THe only times I have had trouble is when I stand it up on the rear and I think it is because I didn't turn the gas off when I was supposed to. Don't give it any gas when you try to start it and make sure you have the hot start all the way in. I love mine.