PDA

View Full Version : bleeding front brakes

87 250x
07-27-2004, 06:30 AM
i have a honda 250x and just put new front brake on it .
and bleed them like my book says to
but do not have very good brakes . so bleed them again
and again . i have brake but not very good i can't even lock them up . i bleed them six time by the book and 4 or 5 times
like you would a car and no better if any one can help that would be great ??????????????????????:confused:

300exOH
07-27-2004, 09:06 AM
You have to be patient with them. It will take many more than 5 or 6 attempts. I recommend a power bleeder kit from an auto parts store. They go for around $20 or so for the cheap ones and they work great. You can also try using a piece of clear tubing to suck the fluid through the lines and then finish it by pumping by hand.

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 09:14 AM
yup^^^ either that or get a friend or w/e and have him open up the bleeder vavles,then you pump the lever 3-4 times,then hold it in on the 4th time,then let him close the valves,then pump another 3-4 times while the valves are closed,then hold it in again(the lever) and tell him to open them back up....same process over and over again,until you feel like you have good pressure in the brakes...will take some time,but well worth it...did you get SSbrake lines?