PDA

View Full Version : Need Help For Project

Cvillecoldblood
07-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Im kinda new to this site, from bluetraxx. Don't flame. Anyway..I was lookin for a project 250R to look at and the steps that someone took. Im starting from scratch and the guys at bt couldnt help much so i came over here. If someone can give me a link to someones project or any type of help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jokerman_28
07-26-2004, 10:39 PM
start with a steering stabalizer, a-arms, axle, and suspension. remember that no matter how much power you have theres not much you can do if you can't control it.

Cvillecoldblood
07-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Wouldn't i have to start out with a frame and engine parts before all the control mechanisims?

kssandduner
07-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Maybe you should try being more specific in your questions.

02blazerx
07-27-2004, 08:45 PM
hey im just starting a 250r project myself

i just bought a 86 ATC250r and we are ripping the motor out of it and having it sent out for head work and new clutches.
the frame i bought was burnt up in a fire only the subframe was hurt, it is a little twisted but not bad. i bought it, an LRD header pipe, and an over sized gastank for 150.

as of right now i have 1150 invested in it, im expecting to put about 4 grand in it altogether. im mainly gonna be drag racing it so i dont much mind that the frame is bad. if u can get hold of an old ATC 250 the swing arm will bolt right up to your 250r frame,and that elimates you having to look for that part . i know a boy who has a lonestar chassis for sale for 5000 he paid 8500 for it, its still pretty well new. i live in wv if youre intrested, i can give u his number

Cvillecoldblood
07-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the frame offer and information blazer. Ill pass on the frame, not looking to spend 5 grand on jus the frame but thanks. As for being more specific, which is easier, starting from scratch, or from a old R? Also ive seen sites in which people showed steps on how they went through to finish it. Anything like that, tips or information would be great help.

02blazerx
07-28-2004, 09:28 PM
i mean if u have the time the equipment and money build a custom frame but if not go find an old junk frame thats in decent shape and start from there
like i said i got mine for 50 bucks as of tonight i have 1000 in the wheeler for the motor and swing arm and axle and 220 on the quad : 50 bucks frame 120 for 5 a-arms and a 4 gallon tank and 50 bucks for an LRD header pipe.. so a total of 1320 luckily i already have a DG silencer but i am planning on spending about 2500 before its where i want it.. atv salvage yards are a g o d send for a poor man.. well im not poor just too many bills lol but i tip my hat and wish u well i will keep u posted on the progress

we got the 3 wheeler completely stripped tonight and the motor out in 3 hours, starting work on the quad frame tomorrow night g o d knows there is a bunch of work to be done to it.. might even see about mounting the sub frame off the 3 wheeler on it if it will work because thats whats bad on the frame i have but still good enough to drag race.

Cvillecoldblood
07-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I wish i had a salvage place near me. But then again i want it to be an expensive quad with some nice mods on it. Keep me posted on the project. Thanks.

02blazerx
07-30-2004, 08:51 PM
well i have the frame i bought for sale, i just went and bought an LT250R for 750 and we are putting the TRX250R motor in it instead now. so if u want to buy my frame you are more than welcome to it i can find out the shipping charhes for you, i also hve a complete 1986 3 wheeler frame id sell ya, its in perfect condition just dirty but im gonna clean it up tomorrow, the only thing it doesnt come with is the motor and swingarm and all of the controls (thumb throttle and throttle cable clutch cable and brake cable)