PDA

View Full Version : signature

Gordons Well
07-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Do some of you have to list every damm bolt nut washer and sticker thats on your quad after your post's. Wow!
I need to go riding soon.
:eek2:

roostin_dale
07-26-2004, 09:45 PM
yea it pisses me off too! BUT, why is this in Powertrain?

JAYSBAD#$%300EX
07-26-2004, 11:01 PM
that signature prints auto. every time you post or reply to somethin if you didn't know......:devil:

Bill Fuller
07-27-2004, 05:17 AM
If you didn't know you can turn off signatures like I did:rolleyes: I was tired of seeing what color grips or how much air pressure somebody has on thier quad.

YZEATER
07-27-2004, 06:53 AM
cause all the little kiddies gotta try and show off.

07-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
If you didn't know you can turn off signatures like I did:rolleyes: I was tired of seeing what color grips or how much air pressure somebody has on thier quad. i run 3.5 psi all around..

Gordons Well
07-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Cool.:D

cals400ex
07-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
i run 3.5 psi all around..

4.0 for me. ;)

07-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
4.0 for me. ;) I think that is too much for me...I get more flat tires with that in the rocks...

roostin_dale
07-27-2004, 10:09 AM
i run 3.5 psi all around..

I have red grips, replaced 2 washers, and some stickers :)

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 10:12 AM
i used to have a big *** list,not no more,just the names of the products i have....i also replaced my front left stock hub with a couple new lug nuts once...it was fun:eek2:

07-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
I have red grips, replaced 2 washers, and some stickers :) wanna be a little more descriptive there? what kind of washers are you running & which stickers? also...what kind of grips? leaving out alot of details there man..inform me

roostin_dale
07-27-2004, 10:21 AM
wanna be a little more descriptive there? what kind of washers are you running & which stickers? also...what kind of grips? leaving out alot of details there man..inform me

Im sorry...

They are red Tag grips that are starting to wear because i've had them awhile. The washers are some cheap ones i picked up from Ace Hardware. And I have a couple Nac's stickers, and fullbore stickers:)

07-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Im sorry...

They are red Tag grips that are starting to wear because i've had them awhile. The washers are some cheap ones i picked up from Ace Hardware. And I have a couple Nac's stickers, and fullbore stickers:) where are these stickers located at on your atv? how big are they & how much do they weigh? can you notice a increase in power with these mods?

roostin_dale
07-27-2004, 10:32 AM
where are these stickers located at on your atv? how big are they & how much do they weigh? can you notice a increase in power with these mods?

Wellllll....the nac's stickers are about 8 inches on the upper part of the sides. The fullbore sticker is on the front and it is about 8 inches long. All 3 probably weigh a couple ounces. I did notice some bottom end with them but the weight took away some of the top end...:confused:

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 10:34 AM
lol you two gotta be bored:D

roostin_dale
07-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
lol you two gotta be bored:D

yep, dont have to work till 3 and now im waiting on the UPS or FedEx truck... :o

07-27-2004, 10:40 AM
I did notice some bottom end with them but the weight took away some of the top end...:confused: as excpected...if you really want to increase your top end cut your fenders off & that takes away like 3 lbs. & also makes you more aerodynamic :eek2:

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 10:40 AM
lol....watcha got coming?and was it you that coudlnt get your bike started and it was the stator?yea it was...can u explain that to me a lil bit,sorry for getting off the subject...but ya know

roostin_dale
07-27-2004, 10:47 AM
lol....watcha got coming?and was it you that coudlnt get your bike started and it was the stator?yea it was...can u explain that to me a lil bit,sorry for getting off the subject...but ya know

I got a new exhaust and sprockets comin, and i need it before southwick this weekend. I was on my practice track with some friends and i was on the face of a double and my exhaust cracked in half. Lost all power, cased it, and my friends tire hit my back...yea it sucked.

yea thats was my stator. If you have a bad stator it will turn over but you wont have spark. If you've checked everything else then thats probably it. Take that side cover of with like a giant screwdriver. There is a bunch of wires wraped around a spindle kind thing. Look at allll the wires, if just one of them is cut then thats the problem. Instead of replacing it take it to a dealer and have them lengthen/repair that one wire:)...

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 10:49 AM
iight,i gotcha...what kinda exhaust you get btw,lol and i have to take this off too?to get to the stator,cause im not to narly bout going into my engine or w/e just yet:o

roostin_dale
07-27-2004, 10:52 AM
iight,i gotcha...what kinda exhaust you get btw,lol and i have to take this off too?to get to the stator,cause im not to narly bout going into my engine or w/e just yet:o

lol, i dont know...i dont have that on my 250x...

btw..I got a sparks exhaust coming, its pissin me off because they said it would be here friday...

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 10:54 AM
ahh lol...true you got a kick...ahh god dammit,lol i pulled it off the other day just a lil bit and i seen gears or w/e so i hurried up and put it back on....so yea it is my stator then...but the thing is my quad is at my lakehouse in NY...how much does a new stator cost anyway?

07-27-2004, 10:59 AM
thanks alot for throwing this whole thing off topic 300exrida! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: j/k man

& I am bored..im at work getting paid $9 an hour & I am sitting all day on the PC

07-27-2004, 11:00 AM
how much does a new stator cost anyway? new, they are pretty expensive...go to www.rickstator.com I would look into having your current one rebuilt. yo ucan do that right? a

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 11:03 AM
lol figured,im going to go to my local honda dealer tomorrow and see what is going on...grrr stupid crap:grr:

400exdad
07-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Im sorry...

They are red Tag grips that are starting to wear because i've had them awhile. The washers are some cheap ones i picked up from Ace Hardware. And I have a couple Nac's stickers, and fullbore stickers:)

How many safety wires do you have on those red TAG grips. And if you have wires, are the wires stainless steel? :D

I get so tired of seeing those super long sigs after a one word post. Who cares about what kind of gas cap somebody is running anyway? Thanks for the tip Bill about turning off sigs...

roostin_dale
07-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad
How many safety wires do you have on those red TAG grips. And if you have wires, are the wires stainless steel? :D

No wires:)

I put alot of electrical tape on the bars where the grips go, then coated it with grip glue, then put the grips on, let them sit overnight, and they were tight:) sorry should have been more specific in the first place, lol

JAYSBAD#$%300EX
07-27-2004, 06:53 PM
i dont think anythings wrong with long sign. lets you know what the competion, and or friends are running on there bikes and good for ideas to ..the way i look at it is if you dont like the long sign. dont look....I thought that was one of the cool things about this site............. :devil: :devil:

440ex2001
07-28-2004, 08:53 PM
I think people are proud of what they have saved up there money for and busted thier knuckles installing on there quad. Now that you mentioned it i need to update my sig. I have alot more stuff now. By the way, try not to let every little thing in life p you off. I think there are other thins in life to worry about. I mean c'mon man life is short.

Toadz400
07-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
I think people are proud of what they have saved up there money for and busted thier knuckles installing on there quad. Now that you mentioned it i need to update my sig. I have alot more stuff now. By the way, try not to let every little thing in life p you off. I think there are other thins in life to worry about. I mean c'mon man life is short.

You have a point there, but people really do not need to put things like "160 Main Jet" and "3rd Needle Position", I mean that's not really a modification...just an adjustment. It's like telling people what PSI you run, what torque you run on all your bolts...just put your mods on there, and actual modifications that produce power...or protect like a bumper or skidplate.

I just have all the companies on mine now to shorten it up.

/\/\ n/m...Guess I took all that crap off and now I just have my quads on there. Good enough;) .

JDiablo
07-28-2004, 10:15 PM
i run 5 PSI in my rears and 6 psi up front:o

PHIL_B54
07-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
You have a point there, but people really do not need to put things like "160 Main Jet" and "3rd Needle Position", I mean that's not really a modification...just an adjustment. .

i disagree there, how many jetting posts do we see, if my jetting can help someone so they dont post a wjat my jetting thread, it is more than worth the line in my sig.

but i do agree that some sigs are pretty long

Toadz400
07-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
i disagree there, how many jetting posts do we see, if my jetting can help someone so they dont post a wjat my jetting thread, it is more than worth the line in my sig.

but i do agree that some sigs are pretty long

I guess you do have a pretty good point there. It's just that when they have it all in one long vertical list, instead of everything after each other in lines...it seems like they are just trying to make their sig's longer.

Like your signature, everything is in a nice short paragraph. Some people have mods as short as yours, but they have it in a long list so their signature is gigantic.

Out_Sider
07-29-2004, 11:47 AM
long sigs piss me off, i dont care what kind of quad you have or whats done to it. o ya, and im running 10lbs of air up front, and 6 in the rear :devil:

PHIL_B54
07-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Toad, i hope that didnt come off as a flame, sorry

for a while they took away sigs didnt they? i know they used to be worse than they are right now, they used to have pctures and advertisements in them.

i think there should be a 4-5 line sig limit. or supporting member 8 lines or something.

Toadz400
07-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
Toad, i hope that didnt come off as a flame, sorry

for a while they took away sigs didnt they? i know they used to be worse than they are right now, they used to have pctures and advertisements in them.

i think there should be a 4-5 line sig limit. or supporting member 8 lines or something.

Not at all, don't worry about it. I didn't see it as a flame, you were just stating your opinion and I actually agreed with it once I thought about it your way.

I also agree with the signatures should only be 4-5 lines and supporting members can have more.

400ex28
07-29-2004, 06:48 PM
i got a half tank of gas right now... :p

400exdad
07-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
i got a half tank of gas right now... :p

:D Thats the detail some folks show. :D

Who cares if you have "new bearings all around"? :huh Whats to be proud of that? It like saying: Toe-in set to factory specs. :blah:

IMHO to say what motor, carb, pipe, shocks.... you know high performance stuff is cool and kind of like bragging, but to say the type of oil, gas, grips, tires etc, is a bit over the top. My screen is only so big. :eek2:

JDiablo
07-29-2004, 10:01 PM
i wish my quad was running right now.....but a couple cup fulls of gas at the most:o

JDiablo
07-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
:D Thats the detail some folks show. :D

Who cares if you have "new bearings all around"? :huh Whats to be proud of that? It like saying: Toe-in set to factory specs. :blah:

IMHO to say what motor, carb, pipe, shocks.... you know high performance stuff is cool and kind of like bragging, but to say the type of oil, gas, grips, tires etc, is a bit over the top. My screen is only so big. :eek2:

tires are alright to have IMO,if someone has a question they want to know about the tire they have to make a thread or something,but they could instead look at someones sig and ask from there....but right now i dont have grips even...and use only mobil 1 green cap:p

400ex28
07-29-2004, 10:10 PM
i got a scratch on my frame its about a inch and 3/4ths long

jokerman_28
07-29-2004, 10:30 PM
my tires are kinda dirty, i think three is a piece of grass hanging from my axle, and my key has a key ring on it, the rest of it broke off, i've been saving up for a new one. oh...and my brake fluid is just below full.