PDA

View Full Version : New to the 250R scene

02MXWARRIOR
07-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Aight guys i just got a few question, and i Hope u can help me, I currently ride a '02 Warrior, but one of my buddies is selling his 89 250R that has about 12grand in it, it has elka suspen. +4 axle, +2 a arms, and tons of other stuff, but the motor is mainly stock and just rebuilt last week because he has it done every year, I just wanted to know how reliable it would be for me to get, would it be good from trail riding here in West Virgina and i race MX too, but my friend was like dont get a 2 stroke they suck on the track but i just wanted to know how good it would be on the track 2, just give me some info on how it would be, and also some things to look for when i go to look at it and stuff and ride it, thanks alot guys, u can IM me on NitroBaseball31 on AIM if u wanna give me some info one on one, thanks alot, later guys

jokerman_28
07-26-2004, 10:32 PM
12 grand...i'm thinkin that thing should be pretty good at the track. the trails are gonna be tougher cause of how wide the quad is. as for 2 strokes sucking on a track; i'm gonna have to strongly disagree with that. 250r's practicaly live on the track.

02MXWARRIOR
07-26-2004, 11:12 PM
thats wat i thought to man, i havent seen the quad but my its my friends like best friend, and he is gonna give me one hell of a deal, i just hope i really like it, i mean its alot of a change from a warrior haha

wilkin250r
07-28-2004, 02:19 PM
The power curve is radically different from a Warrior. Make sure you get lots of seat time on it before you take it to the track.

2-strokes really have to be kept in a certain RPM range, which is why your buddy said 2-strokes suck on the track. If you're on an MX track, there is an element of danger associated with it. If you're not in the powerband when you're headed for a big jump, you'll come up short.

If you do find yourself having trouble at the track, the powerband on the 250r is easily adjusted. With a port and pipe, you can get screaming rip-your-arms-off top end power, or stump pulling low-end power, or anything in between.

Although finicky, and they take a lot of skill to ride at the track, you will never regret buying a 250r.

mxrider666
08-01-2004, 10:29 AM
You can ride the 250r on trails but its better suited for mx.