PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis I Razr's

WOODSRACER349
07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Who thinks they are worth running for XC? I saw them at one my local honda shops this morning and thinking about going back down tomorrow and getting a set of rears with the razr2 up front.

Do you think this would be a good set up? I just wonder if they can compare to the holeshot rears.....?:confused:

Tell me what you guys feel about it!

jb500ex
07-26-2004, 07:49 PM
stick with holeshots, they wear faster but get better traction. i always used holeshots and recently decided too try razr 2's because it seemed like everyone else was. very disappointed i get stuck on things i never got stuck on. i do have too say that i have done 4 races on them and they are in great shape where my holeshots would be shot

XCAdam89
07-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I would stick with the holeshots also, you should check out the Holeshot HD's, They are supposed to compete with the razr 2's. :D

Woodsrider
07-26-2004, 08:22 PM
I have never run the Holeshots but I can say that I have never gotten stuck running RAZRS. Im happy with the way they shed even the stickiest clay. They hook up predictably in the loose stuff and slide when I want them too on hard pan. Good luck with your choice;)

Cole Trane
07-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Also check out the Kenda Knarly's. They hook up great from what I've read on here. They are cheaper too!!

Cody_300ex
07-26-2004, 10:54 PM
IMO I razrs are no different than stock other than the ply. :o

batgeek
07-27-2004, 12:02 AM
i'm ditching my Holeshot for Razr2's for rear tires.

Holeshots don't shed for crap. thats the only complaint i have on Holeshots.

Pappy
07-27-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid

did you actually run a set or are you basing your opinion on looks?

i have run them and they are far superior in control and construction as compared to a stock tire. they dont "roll over " in turns and they provide predictable control in alot of different conditions.

jcv400ex
07-27-2004, 08:15 AM
I was a huge Razor fan until I rode with my Kenda's. Same performance, half the price.

But, the Razors slide good, offer excellent traction, good puncture resistance, and great wear. THe Holeshot vs Razor battle goes on and on and on. Find a friend with both, bolt them up, and take a lap. See for yourself.

Pappy
07-27-2004, 08:18 AM
my brother just got a new set of "Klaws"

3 miles into a mild trail he know has 3 good "klaws":mad:

jcv400ex
07-27-2004, 08:22 AM
My 6 plys are holding up good, I only run 4lbs in them with beadlocks. Ran them through the infamous "rock garden" at the national forest about 6 times, and 2 races on them. Had to pull a Cannondale out of the rock garden with 2 egg shaped front rims, 2 pinched sidewall front tires, and a huge slice in the rear tire. Expensive trip for him! :D Stock Holeshots. And I was bouncing off the rocks faster than he was. :macho

Woodsrider
07-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid

What Ever:rolleyes:

Cole Trane
07-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
my brother just got a new set of "Klaws"

3 miles into a mild trail he know has 3 good "klaws":mad:

That stinks, but anything can get a puncture. I've ridden mine for over six months now, the only thing that's happened is my bead is a little loose. I've just been too lazy to get it fixed.

CatMostFeared
07-28-2004, 03:10 AM
I razr are these the tires you are talking about.I dont thing many people have used these yet.
http://www.maxxis.com/getImage.asp?FileID=7128

Radial construction creates larger contact patch for better acceleration.

Greater impact absorption increases ride comfort.

Superior control - holds line when cornering yet allows rider to slide through turns predictably when necessary.

This is what Maxxis claims