PDA

View Full Version : shaving head on trx90>>>>>

zman2
07-26-2004, 06:15 PM
any suggestions on how much to have takin off the head.we are wanting to boost the compression rate a little.this is the stock head by the way.

212racing
07-26-2004, 11:06 PM
none

use a thinner head gasket. much cheaper.
performance parts at 1 800 414 2973
icracing

zman2
07-27-2004, 08:54 AM
I already have the appt. scheduled and reg. gaskets ordered- they wont send back. If nobody knows how much to take off can anyone tell me how to find out?:confused: Thanks!

QuadJunkies
07-29-2004, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zman2
I already have the appt. scheduled and reg. gaskets ordered- they wont send back. If nobody knows how much to take off can anyone tell me how to find out?:confused: Thanks! [/QUOTE

Call Hetricks........ He sent us a modified head for our mini Viper :) Maybe they can help you......;)

Redpower
07-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Hey zman2 we shaved the head on our 90 10 thousands and did not have any problems but here is the low down on the specs.

Stock head gasket is 40 thousands.

You can purchase a thinner head gasket from RobbsRacing.com it will be 20 thousands.

We are running the thinner headgasket now with the shaved head (10 thousands) which means we have given up 30 thousands and have no problems at all.

A lot of people elect to run the thinner gasket instead of shaving the head incase they need a stock head at a later date and the gasket is probably cheaper.

Get the timming advance key and standard over bore and that quad will really wake up.

Good Luck,

212racing
07-29-2004, 11:58 PM
icracing 1 800 414 2973.
you guys are killing me with the call hetricks
charles does nothing but trx90's.
it is kinda like calling the ford garage to put parts on your chevy
don't get me wrong mr. hetricks is a nice guy, but i have'nt seen to many of his built trx90's.

phaster1
07-30-2004, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE]you guys are killing me with the call hetricks
don't get me wrong mr. hetricks is a nice guy, but i have'nt seen to many of his built trx90's

Then how would you know if he does or does not do anything w/the honda's:confused:

From what I hear icracing has done great things with his trx90

also try
robbs (www.robbsracingengines.com)

he is Great w/these things

QuadJunkies
07-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by phaster1
[QUOTE]you guys are killing me with the call hetricks
don't get me wrong mr. hetricks is a nice guy, but i have'nt seen to many of his built trx90's

Then how would you know if he does or does not do anything w/the honda's:confused:

From what I hear icracing has done great things with his trx90

also try
robbs (www.robbsracingengines.com)

he is Great w/these things thats what Im thinkin.....:huh Im just posting who I know and Rich does good work.....

phaster1
07-30-2004, 12:58 AM
He is the guy that that started a thread on the other site about someone elses TRX90 winning a race...and that started an all out 4stroke, 2 stroke, your kids bike is illegal and my mother can drink more than your mother type of thing.

Rich does great work. So does ICRACING, and so does ROBBS

there are alot of guys who can get you what you need.

Goodluck

212racing
07-30-2004, 01:17 AM
give rich a call and ask how many trx90's he does.
better yet go on his web site and see how many trx90 aftermarket parts are listed.
then let every one know
no dig on mr. hetrick but he does mostly 2 stoke stuff
yep i said the honda can be made very fast
if you can read and think for yourself about the other site, never did i say a 2 stroke was bad, just the silly comments by the experts on how a honda can't be competative, are just that, silly.
i don't care if you have a 2 or a 4 stroke. let your kid have fun.
right, you are posting who you know. so you know rich does a lot of work on trx90's or are you guessing????????
sorry i have never seen robbs quads run. i don't guess. i'll just post on what i have seen.

Johnny & Monica
08-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Ive used charles at ICRACING twice an he goes way out of his way to help you he`s called me back at 10:00 at nigth to help he knows his trx90`s an has alot of different kits to fit your budget we`re running 2 of his trx90 motors an there the shizit an the first one we got last year is still going strong:D

phaster
08-11-2004, 09:34 PM
mikeracerx34,

I beleive the correct spelling of the word
shizit would be Shiznit...lets not go messing up the "EBONICS" language...LOL

Just playin witcha Mike :D

Johnny & Monica
08-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by phaster
mikeracerx34,

I beleive the correct spelling of would be Shiznit...lets not go messing up the "EBONICS" language...LOL

Just playin witcha Mike :D

Thanks I get cornfused:blah:

Pappy
08-11-2004, 10:25 PM
finally...buried amongst the cest pool of BS ..tit for tat crap i get a link to someone who knows honda 90's

:grr:

lets set an example and just give each other dirty looks:macho except QJ she can send me pictures:blah:

Johnny & Monica
08-11-2004, 11:05 PM
http://www.icracingcomponents.com/index2.shtml

Ask for charles He knows trx90`s better than Honda:D

phaster
08-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Mike, is that site new??? I have seen alot of people looking for an upgrade and mods site for their TRX90's...with all the talk about Icracing it is great to see that they have a site.

Johnny & Monica
08-11-2004, 11:23 PM
They`ve been around for awhile last year when we bougth are 107 kit with cam, cdi, bigger carb with fuel pump an advanced fly wheel key They where under another name.There n alabama he overnigthed all my stuff call that nigth an made sure I got my stuff so my daugther could race the next day.Now we built one for my son an our 3rd trx90 we`re going threw him too another big bore with all the goodys.These 4-strokes can really run.Let me know if you cant get that web site to go threw

212racing
08-11-2004, 11:34 PM
mikeracerx34

there is a race in hillsboro mo. fri and sat at the fairgrounds.
my son is racing fri. get a chance bring your kids over and race

phaster
08-11-2004, 11:37 PM
I posted the web address on the other forums also...I thought it was new because in all the 2stroke 4stroke verbal brawls no one ever posted it.

anyway...I'm was glad to see it

phaster
08-11-2004, 11:43 PM
I was just checking out some of the "Kid pics" on the site...THATSAlotta dirty quads!!! LMAO...I love seein' the kids havin' some fun :)

QuadJunkies
08-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
finally...buried amongst the cest pool of BS ..tit for tat crap i get a link to someone who knows honda 90's

:grr:

lets set an example and just give each other dirty looks:macho except QJ she can send me pictures:blah: :D

Johnny & Monica
08-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Heres my son Chance an daugther Taylor at the last Iwoa xc race 2nd an 3rd With Bradley burrows on top in 1st

Johnny & Monica
08-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Forgot to mention all 3 rode trx90s:D Not that one mini is better than the other.Just great seeing the 4-strokes on top.
I`ve got the flyer on the hillsboro race along with kahoka series.But the Iowa series an a few mo. keeps us down.like to go but we`re a hour north of kansascity mo.

212racing
08-12-2004, 12:10 AM
going to see charles next weekend in ala.
we are going over to ga. for some racing

phaster
08-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Mike,

THAT'S AWESOME!!! CONGRATS to the KIDS!!!!

We don't race or anything like that...we are more rec. riders. Just something for the family to do on the weekends,vacations and what ever other time we have to spend togther. We have the Predator 90...2stroke!~YEP!

I have been looking at the TRX90's. They are dam good quads.
We'll see if this thing gives us any more trouble. If it does then it will be looking for a new home and I will be seriously looking to buy the Honda.

Johnny & Monica
08-12-2004, 12:22 AM
The predator 90 aint bad I got one sitting in my shop with alot of mods I let a buddy keep it down there but I aint seen him all summer an his boy aint rode it since last race season.
I use to go racing with my buddys on the weekends now that my kids are old enougth we go as a family an have alot more fun An not pulling my dead beat no gas pitching in buddys lol

phaster
08-12-2004, 09:01 AM
I use to go racing with my buddys on the weekends now that my kids are old enougth we go as a family an have alot more fun An not pulling my dead beat no gas pitching in buddys lol

If that ain't the truth!!

We like the Predator, I had a problem with the the stator dying. The 03 Stator really has no protection from water and the mud, hence causing the mud and water to get up in there. We found out that the 04 has an air duct type of system so we will be adding that on to ours. Hopefully everything will be ok after that....I HOPE!!

zman2
08-18-2004, 08:45 PM
:) Thank you all for the help-its nice when people help each other so the kids can stay competitive. Thanks again:)