PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Brian450
07-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Well I'm planing on getting a TRX450R in about 6 months ( or as soon as I get a full time job). If I race it, all I'm going to do is TT/FLATTRACK Racing but mostly trail ride. Now I'm just thinking if and when I do get the 450R, should I get the HCR kit or full exhaust along with the HCR kit and a K&N airfilter. What kind of exhaust would you guys recommend? Don't want it to be loud or does anyone know when dirtwheels is going to go a exhaust shootout for the TRX450R. If I get the HCR kit, do they do all the correct jettings for it at the dealership. I just wouldn't want to come home, take the jet out to see if they changed it and find out they didn't do it and charged me for it. THANKS. How many kicks does it take to start it? If problems with the 2004 models, did honda fit those for the 2005 models

WhiteZee
07-26-2004, 05:34 PM
first of all, i would ride one before you go and buy the HRC kit. IMH its already fast enuff with out it. i would recommend the HMF exhaust, its the best exhaust out IMH, and with the quite core it should be quite enuff for you. you may want to get a 13t front sprocket if your going to trail ride.

416rider
07-26-2004, 06:25 PM
One kick with choke on for me cold, 2004 and 2005 exact same thing. I dune ride and 13 t sprocket works best than stock. You can buy a pipe and they have spark arrestor insert to make it quiet like yoshimura has two different ones 96db and 93db which I have for when they check sound levels out here in the desert.

07-26-2004, 06:26 PM
yes...stock it is fast already...

I also trail ride & when I first got it I had the 14 toothstock...i thought this made the 1st gear very tall & I was always feathering the clutch...then I got the 13 tooth & all that went away but I really missed the 14 tooth...i now run the 14 tooth.

rowlrag
07-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Stock motor with lid 118 main jet and GT Thunder full exhaust, mine made 38hp, with the jets that came with the HRC kit and all other HRC components installed except the muffler tip, it made 48hp. This was on GT Thunders drive on dyno. The only thing we changed was we went up 1 size on the pilot. I don't remember the jet sizes:(